Hotdog WoW Megathread (Read 64777 times)

• sea of vodka
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Member
haha, welllllllll that looks like a stupid post because i didn't finish it and forgot to come back and edit.  BUT, what i was going to say was that i think most look lame because people went for aesthetic changes half the time and not functional ones, and frankly, blizzard's default ui looks better than half the crap modders can make.  you see unit frames where blizzard's original ones were, only... uglier.  i've done that shit too and after like a week not liked it either, but with my last few attempts to change the blizzard ui, the whole idea was to go for a minimalist ui where shit should be where i thought it should be.  i typically don't like interfaces that are all fluffy either, even if they're mine, but i think most modded ones tend to look lame because a lot of people just choose shit based on whether or not it looks cool and not to directly fix some of the shortcomings of the default interface.  it's why i think that minimalistic is the way to go, because considering the experience of a lot of these modders when it comes to graphic design and the like, the most likely way to get changes that look GOOD are to get ones that look as simple as possible.  i guess i should post a screenshot or something.

not to say LOL MINE'S THE BEST, but yeah, that's basically what i meant.  when no one's talking or i'm not hitting anything, the chat windows get hidden, and it's a really large improvement in terms of how much of the screen you can see over the default ui.  plus it's really hard to look cheesy/bad when your unit frames are TWO BARS and nothing else.  mostly i just think there's something to be said for simplicity, when a lot of custom uis tend to just overcomplicate things unnecessarily.
Last Edit: May 03, 2007, 02:05:53 pm by young lion furre
  • FIFTY FIFTY FIFTY
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Premium Member
Well, they do, but people like them.

like, here
mine looks ridiculously cluttered and shit, but i use all of that. and i like the unit frames with little pictures and shit, but not the default blizzard big border style. that's just my preferance!

and so yeah. obviously this isnt a raid ui, which your probably is, but yea im stickin up 4 ppl w/ ugly uis

also lole ss

also note that i have moved a lot of my buttons around since then but it is still just as cluttered
  • Guild Wars Vet.
  • PipPipPipPip
I wanna play WoW... but I dunno!
Yay! Random words!

"Hey don't hotlink images for your avatar. Upload it in GW Uploader or imageshack or something"
  • FIFTY FIFTY FIFTY
man thehunter you make the best posts
  • SPIDERS
  • PipPip
I wanna play WoW... but I dunno!
post of the week
  • Will you walk the realms of Chaos with me?
http://www.worldofraids.com/news/kaelweapons.jpg

Old news for some, but this is the equipment you get to help defeat Kael, then they disappear.
  • Digital Conquistador

PTR stats - hence the accented é  :soap:

68.58% mitigation from that armour FYI.
  • Dwarf Giant
  • PipPipPipPip
<imagelol>

PTR stats - hence the accented é  :soap:

68.58% mitigation from that armour FYI.

Horribly low dodge. :O
  • Digital Conquistador
Who needs another 5-6% dodge when you have an extra 2-4k health? I reach 20k health without breaking a sweat in raids - just Imp, Fort, MOTW and BoK. I could be pushing 23k post-patch with full buffs. I'm willing to sacrifice a couple of percent. I fully buy into the theory of being a 'soaker'.
  • sea of vodka
Who needs another 5-6% dodge when you have an extra 2-4k health? I reach 20k health without breaking a sweat in raids - just Imp, Fort, MOTW and BoK. I could be pushing 23k post-patch with full buffs. I'm willing to sacrifice a couple of percent. I fully buy into the theory of being a 'soaker'.
Yeah I guess, but a warrior hits 20k+ health easy, and has like 15% more dodge/parry, plus the crushing blow mitigation of block/shield block.  Realistically I wouldn't mind giving up 1k health for like 7% dodge.  That IS a lot of armor, though.  I think I'm just not as comfortable with the idea of a druid MT as I am with a warrior.
  • Digital Conquistador
We're only in Kara atm. Our warriors are capping at 15k health or so buffed. Maybe they'll reach 20k later on, but at the minute...
  • B-U-N-C-H-I-E-S! BUNCHIES!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
Pretty sure no Warrior is going to have 20k+ at a constant rate and still have GOOD doge/parry/block.
  • A WARRIOR POET
  • PipPipPip
Who needs another 5-6% dodge when you have an extra 2-4k health?

I'm completely ignorant as to how healing classes go about business, and how things work in a raid setting, but I imagine it's more mana-efficient for healers to be healing a tank with lower HP and higher chances of completely avoiding the damage from a hit, than a tank with a huge HP pool who will take the full hit more often. Even if both types of tanks have the exact same survivability, the healers will use up more mana healing the one who soaks up more damage. Which might not be a problem if you've got good healers, I assume!
  • Digital Conquistador
This is true, of course, but what a bear gives healers is alot of padding, and more predictable health loss, as opposed to warriors, whose health bar can be decidedly unpredictable at times.
  • sea of vodka
Pretty sure no Warrior is going to have 20k+ at a constant rate and still have GOOD doge/parry/block.
Both of our main tanks hover at around 20k, or more, fully buffed in a raid, with 17ish% dodge/parry, and probably like 20% or so block.  Maybe more.  One definitely has more dodge/block, but a bit less health. It just requires that you be well geared.  One's in 5/5 whatever the tier 4 tanking gear is, and the other one's in uh, apparently comparable/better shit.  I think it's easily possible in full epics.

But yeah, being able to take more predictable amounts of damage can be really good.  Like maybe if you're just starting to do Maulgar it'd be good, or if you start getting into the higher growths of Gruul and he isn't dead yet.  Maybe on Prince phase 2, but I'm not sure how serious that really is, being Karazhan and all.
Last Edit: May 11, 2007, 02:04:13 am by young lion furre
  • =O
It's time to play: Guess whats wrong in this picture!

• Digital Conquistador
I see it.
  • destroyer of mayos
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
aw me too

what level are you?
  • :rite:
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
i can't find it :(