Art - CC needed The Screenshot Topic (Read 106133 times)

• Just like sex, only not really.
  • Group: Member
Got a vidya fo' y'all.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
@Azn:

a) I didn't insult you until it became clear you weren't really listening to me anyways. The insults were also hardly so bad as to even make note of them. This isn't a debate forum. Ad hominem attacks are allowed (not by the rules, but fuck da police) on the internet.
b) I didn't say that it was "ripping off" Mother 3 (not ever), I said it looked similar and it was foolish to argue otherwise, especially from what we've seen. I also did give you advice on how to improve and depart from that several times (the same advice, but still). That advice: Take what you have an give it something that clearly defines it from Mother 3 if you don't want it to look like Mother 3 (which I, ONCE AGAIN FOR THE TENTH TIME, am not oppose to it doing). I don't know what additions would work, because I don't know what would fit without altering the style you are going for. There are lots of options.
c) Please actually read my posts before you respond to them instead of just skimming over them. If you have been reading them, please re-read them, because it seems like you are drawing conclusions about how I feel from thin air and misconstruing every word I type.
d) Logical defenses for arguments are invalidated if you choose to argue only a third of the points in an argument.
e) I didn't say you only cared about praise, I said you didn't handle criticism well. There's a major difference.

and lastly

f) I didn't say it wasn't my fault for not editing, I even called myself lazy. What I did say was just that, however, and you continued to try to levy it against me. Once something has been explained, don't just ignore that explanation.

What really and truly baffles me is how hard you are arguing against me when I've never once said that it looked bad or even derivative. It's clearly is a different game. What I've been arguing is that it is very similar at first glance and that should be a stigma you strive to avoid. Do you really want even a single person to be justified in writing it off as an Earthbound clone? You can respond to this if you want, but bear in mind I tried to make it as simply explanatory and unargumentative as possible, given the circumstances.
The Misadventures of Crimebot
  • My perfect hair is designed to let air run through it, giving me an edge in any heated situation
  • Pip
i open up for the fourth time with my customary

"fuck you all"

i'm done for the month with this game, back to half life 2 mapping and unity for a bit

and yes that's the hammer from halo 3
Last Edit: March 26, 2010, 05:37:42 am by skarik
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
I have to say, Skarik, that looks confusing as shit. Amazing, but confusing as shit!
The Misadventures of Crimebot
  • "When you're bound by your own convictions, a discipline can be your addiction."
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Premium Member
Mr. Weird Guy - That looks great so far! It brings back a lot of 8-bit memories.

Skarik - I know it is probably different in-game, especially when you've been playing a while so that things have a sense of context, but I'm with Kaempfer on this one: I have no idea what is going on in most of those screens. Giant wasps, indecipherable lighting effects, and what appear to be psychedelic machetes... clearly this game is not being made with the epileptic set in mind.
Vagrancy - Be careful who you wake up in a twenty four hour parking lot.

His name was Not Johnny -  A young man becomes a sort of superhero after a crippling injury. He
  • Pick up that can!

Looks good besides the Messagebox, the gradient looks ugly and the name is unreadable, if you want a smother gradient as the Background you may want to use pictures for the message box, and change the Name colour to something other then the same color as the background

@Mr Weird Guy Wow that looks amazing, although those weapons do seem a bit over powered.
  • Kirby fantic, guitar pro, sam shut up.
  • Pip
LxNarik - I like the bottom shot the best, although there seem to be some mistakes with perspective in your water fall sets (the foam from one fall overlaps the falling water from one that is further down). Also, I think a solid color would be better in your text box, because the gradient doesn't look very good. With a darker blue background (or gradient) like you are using, you might want to pick a color other than blue for name of the speaking character.

Aha ya. I used a different system for most of my game, which had the blue as gold. But when i switched it all turned blue and i haven't got around to switching it yet. As for the background I can't stand solid colors. And if I use a darker blue or way more intense gradient, I find the font doesn't look at great. But I might try it out for a bit, thanks :)

http://www.gamingw.net/forums/index.php?topic=68941.0

CLICK IT FOR SUPER AWSOMENESS

Which Final Fantasy Character Are You?
Final Fantasy 7
  • Cold-Souled Sovereign of the Night Blades
  • PipPipPipPip
@LxNarik: Thought I might chime in and suggest something to ease the work load. If you liked the gold font that your original system had, go into a program like MS-Paint and copy-paste that color into the font color of your new system where the other one was placed. Instant fix throughout the game whether the color command has either been used or not.
Last Edit: March 26, 2010, 03:17:45 pm by Corfaisus
  • w00t for custom sprites
  • PipPip
@Mr Weird Guy: That looks a little... fast on the jumping. And some of those weapons look pretty hard to use, but not as bad as the MM10 ones (From what I've heard and watched) soo I dunno. Other than that it looks good so far, keep up the good work!
@Mr Weird Guy: I like it how you went through the level so well because you know what to do, lol.

But I like the progress so far.

• Pip

ok the graphics just blew my head off...but the person just doesn't stand out enough. It looks like you put a guy from a snes game into some 2d ps2 game

Final Fantasy 7
  • A WARRIOR POET
  • PipPipPip
It looks like you put a guy from a snes game into some 2d ps2 game

Probably because that's exactly what he did. The background is from Lunar and the character is a Final Fantasy 6 edit.
  • Pip
Probably because that's exactly what he did. The background is from Lunar and the character is a Final Fantasy 6 edit.

oh lol

Final Fantasy 7
  • DragonSlayer o_O
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
lunar isn't a ps2 game tho :fogetshrug:
To Never Be Known Is The Worst Death
  • Fuckin' A.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
DETAILS
  • i don't like change
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
lunar isn't a ps2 game tho :fogetshrug:

If you can successfully play lunar on a PS2, then that qualifies lunar as a PS2 game.

Any semantics beyond that simple fact are completely irrelevant to the matter at hand. Don't deny something when it is obviously true.  :fogetnah:
Last Edit: March 28, 2010, 11:57:51 pm by EvilDemonCreature
  • Super Saiyan Sam
  • PipPipPip
It's been a while since I don't post anything, so...

The light effect is subtler in the game, but it is barely noticeable in a still screenshot, so I made it stronger for SS purposes  :woop:
  • lol
  • PipPip
Looks awesome. I myself would never use RTP chars totally unedited, but I guess you don't care as long as they are NPCs.
Another light effects for the letters on top would be great too... imagine if they'd change colours evert second. Yeah!
the infamous "Shakesbeer Translat0r" troll topique (14 pg.)
the infamous "Women Can't Make Games" troll topique (18 pg.)

• Comrade!
Just a screen from this old game Im still working on.