Topic: The Screenshot Topic (Read 106132 times)

• Master of Darkness
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Premium Member
It's been a minute since the ss thread got some action.

Please...continue.
  • Dog: "Just tell me what the hell you want me to do!"
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
ghost I wish I could be accepted as one of your kind (neanderthal), maybe you have some extra melotonin for me to make the change?
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Member
Listen Azn got a little defensive but you some of the things you guys said were wrong. I like how you ignored my original statement about how you jumped the gun with the dialogue Kaemfer.

Read my previous posts, dummy. I specifically outline that I spoke out of turn when I used the words "the dialogue" and what I meant by it.

Also KoG man that is harsh so I assume you are trolling but still that is pretty bad
The Misadventures of Crimebot
  • Here's what I think about anything you have to say!
  • PipPipPipPipPip
Spook:

Lol, apparently black means I have a large nose and have nappy hair and I look like a caveman. It's too bad I don't have any of those features because I'm refering to skin color (caramel baby) and that's all. I'm not telling my backround or my facial features you ignorant dummy keep making assumptions.

It's too bad Kog has nothing but pictures of himself with black people k-keepin it gangsta. All of a sudden he tries to flip it around!

You're the biggest poser I know online, period.
Last Edit: March 24, 2010, 06:50:44 am by The Ghost
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/967946252/rainfall-the-sojourn
  • DJ Smilie...
  • PipPip
This was entertaining, but maybe we should get back to posting screenshots, hmm?
  • SPECIAL EFFECTS
  • PipPipPipPip
Yeah I knew I would get chewed out for the dialogue remarks but I left 'em in for some reason (mystery reasons)

No, I haven't seen the dialogue. What I meant was the wording- the menus, for instance, "hat power" "beefiness" "guarditude" et cetera. There is a lot of the obvious "heh irreverence" vibe that Earthbound was steeped in like a fine tea. But the comments about the menu still stand: I am giving feedback about the menu. If you don't want feedback about how it looks in screenshots, don't post in the screenshot topic asking for feedback. 1+1=whaaaa

How to argue like Azn: Nitpick semantics (maybe it wasn't nitpicking here, but those two words (the dialogue) sure formed the crux of your counter-argument!), offer vague rebuttals and just skirt around the things you can't rebuke or defend.

Don't fucking take every word at its literal value. I am trying to offer insight into how others view your game. If I choose a few words and they sound kind of silly to you, try imaging what I'm trying to say, not EXACTLY THE WORDS I CHOSE. Is that so hard? I have tried to reword it several times already since you seem to have the imagination of a brick, but to no avail. Figure out that I am trying to give you an outside opinion, don't just keep reinforcing you insular, self-righteous stance with worthless "you gotta see it to believe it!" nonsense.

The second you aren't being showered with praise you turn into an absolute cunt, Azn. I've seen this many times before. I'm not going to sift through countless logs to find quotes, because this isn't a debate. Just take my word on it. Why bother to invite opinion if you are going to invariably try your hardest to devalue those opinions?

@The Ghost: I've repeatedly said I really like the style and that that isn't the problem. Learn to read.

Uh, basically this post sounds like "whoops i shouldn't have said dialogue because i didn't know there wasn't any" and trying to turn it into some sort of argument against me?
And no. How to argue like Azn: write statements based on logic and evidence? If you actually look through my history of posts on RMN where I argue things, I provide sources and evidence often. If you look a few posts up, you can see I have done so too here, where I did a side-by-side comparison, linked some NES images, and linked another post. That point was hardly the crux of my argument.

And no, you are wrong. Other than a general atmosphere of quirkiness, the game's writing is not really influenced by Earthbound or Mother 3. I don't see how funky stat names relates to those... Those had normal stat names? Yes the graphics are influenced but honestly not much else more. The majority of the game is actually much more inspired by an entirely different game (that is still quirky) but Chromatose still has a strongly separate identity from it.

Also calling me a cunt doesn't really prove anything... and I definitely do make a lot of changes to my games based on what people say.

ghost I wish I could be accepted as one of your kind (neanderthal), maybe you have some extra melotonin for me to make the change?
this was uncalled for

This was entertaining, but maybe we should get back to posting screenshots, hmm?

probably this!
  • The Plucky Pedagogue
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
video frakkin games

VIDEO FRAKKIN GAMES

If you have a video game my arms reach Accrrroosssssss gaming worlds I! Play! Your! Games! rm2k to rmvx!   
Last Edit: March 24, 2010, 08:19:16 am by The Magi
Balmung Cycle Part I: Completed Game
  • Here's what I think about anything you have to say!
  • PipPipPipPipPip
Games Forever.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/967946252/rainfall-the-sojourn
  • god damn it man-o-war god damn it
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
semper games
don't mind me, just postin' after a few brewskies
somebody’s Barkley --- could be another’s Monopolo.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
Nope, semper internet arguments

Uh, basically this post sounds like "whoops i shouldn't have said dialogue because i didn't know there wasn't any" and trying to turn it into some sort of argument against me?

Nope, wrong again! I misused the words "the dialogue" when I should have said "words I've seen" because I was too lazy to go back and edit it. That's all there is to this. Don't read more into this. Don't assume I secretly thought I had read all the dialogue because it helps your argument.

And no. How to argue like Azn: write statements based on logic and evidence? If you actually look through my history of posts on RMN where I argue things, I provide sources and evidence often. If you look a few posts up, you can see I have done so too here, where I did a side-by-side comparison, linked some NES images, and linked another post. That point was hardly the crux of my argument.

Evidence, I'll give you. Logic? No. Learn what logic is. The evidence you give always supports the narrowest sliver of actual points in the other persons argument; like I said, you just skirt around the points you can't defend. I'll admit that the points you do tend to focus on (invariably the least important points) do tend to have evidence to support them. But I guess that's why you choose those points in the first place! Your last post was a four point rebuttal. Three of the points were either "uh, what?" or "WRONG", one (the dialogue rebuttal) was three times as long as obviously has research put behind it. Learn what "crux" means.

You responding to Origin had nothing to do with me. I didn't bring it up. I didn't compare the two games. They don't look the same, I never thought they did. I understand that you are trying to prove your amazing arguing ability, but that was a fucking slam dunk. When you are losing an argument due to your own incompetence you don't do half as well.

And no, you are wrong. Other than a general atmosphere of quirkiness, the game's writing is not really influenced by Earthbound or Mother 3. I don't see how funky stat names relates to those... Those had normal stat names? Yes the graphics are influenced but honestly not much else more. The majority of the game is actually much more inspired by an entirely different game (that is still quirky) but Chromatose still has a strongly separate identity from it.

If you don't see how the irreverence of Chromatose and the irreverence of Earthbound are similar, you are seriously retarded. Like, actually mentally handicapped. I am not saying they are IDENTICAL but based on THE SCREENSHOTS YOU HAVE PROVIDED they are so strongly reminiscent of one another you would have to literally not have eyes to spot it.

You're right about me not seeing the dialogue, and likewise I haven't seen anything but... what I've seen. Which is exactly what you've provided me to see. What else am I going to draw conclusions from? You are so knee-deep in Chromatose that it has obviously taken on a life of its own in your eyes and has nothing to do with the Mother series. I am not knee-deep in it. Like I said before, I am trying to give you an outside opinion. You are furiously arguing it is because I don't know what I'm talking about. Only a fool assumes everyone else knows what he knows.

Also calling me a cunt doesn't really prove anything... and I definitely do make a lot of changes to my games based on what people say.

I didn't say you were a cunt. I said you act like a cunt when people give you criticism. If you are changing your games based on what people say, that is great. There is no sarcasm there, that is very good. But if you respond by arguing their opinion every time (or almost every time, I'm sure there are exceptions which you have found and are waiting to post) then it doesn't matter what you do when you log off, because you're still coming across as a douche. "NO YOUR ADVICE IS WRONG HERE IS A TEN POINT DISSERTATION ON WHY" *later* "hmmm better secretly take his advice..."
  • "I am the reinforcements."
I personally think Chromatose looks incredibly stylish and impressive and I want to see more :D I prefer minimalist graphical and color choices. Despite the fact that other games have used this style, it never means any of them are ripping anyone else's off. Nicely done!

And c'mon. Who doesn't want to play a game with an AWESOMEOMETER? More info plz
Last Edit: March 24, 2010, 04:05:09 pm by AgentAshRiot
Working... slowly...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZZJZeN8xls4
  • Cold-Souled Sovereign of the Night Blades
  • PipPipPipPip
I personally think Chromatose looks incredibly stylish and impressive and I want to see more :D I prefer minimalist graphical and color choices. Despite the fact that other games have used this style, it never means any of them are ripping anyone else's off. Nicely done!

And c'mon. Who doesn't want to play a game with an AWESOMEOMETER? More info plz

An awesomeometer just sounds like some sort of pre-teen's attempt at mimicking Guitar Hero, quite possibly the most pathetic kind of game out there.

And since I've posted far too many times in this thread without a screen to show, here's one of the first town on the coast of the mainland you come to in DFQG.

It's not much, I know, but neither is much of the rest of the game. Not to mention, still very much a W.I.P, at least until I finish the inner maps.
Last Edit: March 24, 2010, 04:24:57 pm by Corfaisus
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
Just so we're all clear I am totally looking forward to Chromatose!

@Corfaisus: I would do something for the top of the walls. You have all this prime space up there, but it's empty and lifeless. A lot of RPGs do this. Why not have something interesting to look at along the top o' the wall?
  • "I am the reinforcements."
An awesomeometer just sounds like some sort of pre-teen's attempt at mimicking Guitar Hero, quite possibly the most pathetic kind of game out there.

I disagree, it's probably just some sort of limit meter bar, but done using an alternate style, which i appreciate.

But I think your map looks very nice. Clean and sharp, but not too boxy. You could shift+click some of your road tiles to remove the border when it's against walls and such, to add a little depth. I'm not sure if it'd be an improvement or not but you could try and see what it looks like.
Working... slowly...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZZJZeN8xls4
  • Just like sex, only not really.
Not a whole lot of new stuff to show off for Mega Man +1, despite having made tons of progress over the last few days (getting screen scrolling to work), but I thought I'd at least post the game over screen, since I haven't shown anything in a while.

And yes, I do have a password system completely written up, just not coded yet.
  • SPECIAL EFFECTS
  • PipPipPipPip
You're right about me not seeing the dialogue, and likewise I haven't seen anything but... what I've seen. Which is exactly what you've provided me to see. What else am I going to draw conclusions from? You are so knee-deep in Chromatose that it has obviously taken on a life of its own in your eyes and has nothing to do with the Mother series. I am not knee-deep in it. Like I said before, I am trying to give you an outside opinion. You are furiously arguing it is because I don't know what I'm talking about. Only a fool assumes everyone else knows what he knows.

I honestly could write a long response any further but I don't want this to escalate any further, but I want to just retaliate that I was merely defending myself because you seemed to, as Ghost said, jump the gun and said our game was a ripoff of Mother's personality while it is not and it is not based on Mother. I could go ahead and point out all the differences between Chromatose in what's already revealed, but tardis is going to tell me that is time better spent working on the game itself, which is true. We are basically determined to disagree so there is really no point in continuing though...
And yes,  I do use logical defenses and arguments, while you are more intent on name-calling or "making fun of me" or the like. If you were too lazy to go back and edit something, that's your fault that I would mistake the meaning. You guys have not given me criticism, you have given me your opinion (which you just admitted), which are two different things. You didn't tell me how to improve my game, but rather stated your feelings that it is some sort of Mother 3-ripoff while KoG said his opinion was that the graphics were a cheap excuse to produce quick customs. Of course I am going to argue and defend myself against this, while I would take real criticisms into consideration. Especially if your argument did not consist of several baseless personal attacks. (I only care about praise? What? You know why this is wrong? I specifically advocated the REMOVAL OF A SCREENSHOT topic on another forum because all they were full of was merely praise without criticism, while very few members including me gave actual criticisms. And yes, screenshot threads were banned from RMN.)
I hope you don't take this argument personally and screenshot topic drama is pretty dumb, so yeah.

Uh, what? I haven't played Guitar Hero so I have no clue how our game is related to guitar hero whatsoever.
Also that is a pretty nice RTP map, although I'd probably suggest making the "streets" straight for a city-like feel.
Last Edit: March 25, 2010, 10:10:30 pm by Chipotle
  • Dog: "Just tell me what the hell you want me to do!"
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
 :words:
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
And this is why I love Gaming World.
  • Kirby fantic, guitar pro, sam shut up.
  • Pip

Trying to fool around with sprites to make a funny mask for the bandits.

http://www.gamingw.net/forums/index.php?topic=68941.0

CLICK IT FOR SUPER AWSOMENESS

Which Final Fantasy Character Are You?
Final Fantasy 7
  • "When you're bound by your own convictions, a discipline can be your addiction."
  • PipPipPipPipPip
LxNarik - I like the bottom shot the best, although there seem to be some mistakes with perspective in your water fall sets (the foam from one fall overlaps the falling water from one that is further down). Also, I think a solid color would be better in your text box, because the gradient doesn't look very good. With a darker blue background (or gradient) like you are using, you might want to pick a color other than blue for name of the speaking character.
Last Edit: March 26, 2010, 04:11:48 am by Killer Wolf
Vagrancy - Be careful who you wake up in a twenty four hour parking lot.

His name was Not Johnny -  A young man becomes a sort of superhero after a crippling injury. He