Topic: The Screenshot Topic (Read 106133 times)

• Khezus are monstrous Hikkikomoris X_X
  • Group: Member
@Calunio:Still, I dig your game, it even inspires me to come up with decent modern city maps XD.

Though, it's a mish-mash of Dajhail's DOOM tileset, then some Mack's and some other unidentified tilesets.

Love Is Blind
Khezu x Gigginox
  • Cold-Souled Sovereign of the Night Blades
  • PipPipPipPip

The Crystal Mountain is completed. The place consists of a statue sliding puzzle, ice floor puzzle, rock sliding puzzle... Nothing but sliding all over the place, on ice no less. You can also talk to a snowman who hands you a quest.
Last Edit: April 06, 2010, 07:37:22 pm by Corfaisus
  • Boy Next Door
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
Trying out this whole VX thing................................

Complete Chaos [Full Game available!][/url] (No RTP required)
Also try out my demo: A Nightmare in Sunnydale, California
http://gamingw.net/forums/index.php?topic=81758.0
---
MMZ [Short Demo Available][/url]
VANITY[demo version][/url]
  • "When you're bound by your own convictions, a discipline can be your addiction."
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Premium Member
Yeaster - Buffy, Dean Winchester and Ash in the same game? What happened, did Lilith try to use a certain ancient Sumerian text to bring the army of darkness through a Hellmouth?
Vagrancy - Be careful who you wake up in a twenty four hour parking lot.

His name was Not Johnny -  A young man becomes a sort of superhero after a crippling injury. He
  • Boy Next Door
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
Kinda sorta. A certain goddess who went through a huge character-rape wanted to change the outcome of her future (her death) by erasing a key moment in her past, one that would've changed not just life her life, but the lives of pretty much everyone she knew. However, doing a spell like that, even for someone of her status, is a risky business because messing with time almost never works, but she thought she could handle it anyway because -- hey, I'm she's goddess, she can do anything right???

Needless to say, it didn't work out the way she hoped it would, and instead it caused a huge time and dimensional shift, basically causing separate worlds and timelines to "bleed" into one another thus creating this new, huge hot mess dimension called "Nowhere," and our heroes have to fight to return things to normal (although Buffy has amnesia, and has no recollection of anything about herself--she only knew her name because a certain horror movie icon sent her threatening text message after she woke up in Nowhere).

That's what the basic storyline I have now anyways. The game is only 26 days old, so anything can change.

Complete Chaos [Full Game available!][/url] (No RTP required)
Also try out my demo: A Nightmare in Sunnydale, California
http://gamingw.net/forums/index.php?topic=81758.0
---
MMZ [Short Demo Available][/url]
VANITY[demo version][/url]
I must say your style looks a lot better in VX. Maybe it's because there isn't a whole lot of easy-resources for VX to mix and clash, but idk it just looks better.
  • Here are some of their hands
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
We  just pushed our game live!

I was/am the lead artist on this (ongoing) Zynga (farmville, mafiawars) project, and it has been quite a crazy experience thus far. I've learned a ton about what it means to be a manager/director in these short three months, and no doubt sharpened some art and flash skills along the way. I don't personally believe that these social games are all that fun, but I do think that our team did a good job at making it as enjoyable as possible. I encourage you all to check it out, and share your opinions through review on facebook, or here, or wherever.

http://apps.facebook.com/treasureisle/
: imagse :

my mom plays this, congratulation

i do not play facebook games but the maps look great regardless
  • By by
  • PipPipPipPip

Since my birthday is on the 10th, how about some screens? (turning 18 btw :cool:​)

progess is going steady on Ultamate Caraty: The Unspoken, and with spring break around the corner I'll be able to get tons of stuff done. of course, not without a visit to the beach now and then! :D
  • i don't like change
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
Since my birthday is on the 10th, how about some screens? (turning 18 btw :cool:​)

progess is going steady on Ultamate Caraty: The Unspoken, and with spring break around the corner I'll be able to get tons of stuff done. of course, not without a visit to the beach now and then! :D

Seeing you say that is inspiring me onto my own projects. I'll be sure to make it my goal to post up some substantial screenshots of my own before my next birthday as-well. (not until July, so it's not a pressing deadline, but I can't manage to even think about anything else until this spring semester is out of the way anyhow)

I really want to see the day your game is finished. I love what I'm looking at so far.
  • Pick up that can!

I finished drawing up one of the world maps, I have two ideas on how it should work but not sure which one to use.

In the first one you can move freely (on the red lines) and your location is shown on the top left
The second one uses the messagebox to move around and enter cities

which one should I use?

Those screens look crazy good.

I just turned 18 yesterday, also. Early happy birthday, sir.

cheers

• By by
  • PipPipPipPip
:D Thanks you guys, the game should be done in 3 or 4 months!!

If things go according to plan... also happy late birthday andyw :D
  • Mysterious Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
Pretty pretty, Swordofkings.
It's nice to see that your project is still being worked on!
Ock ock, Ack ack!
Beware of the cursed monkey spit!
  • off tha hook
  • PipPipPip

is that a green ogre tm :fogetsmile: :fogetsmile: :fogetsmile: :fogetsmile: :fogetsmile:
F!
Y*R( djiwn
"kxsn m12" -121
2czx n[/b]lk
LDK+DKDK=DKDK 9 ty u i l#
  • So hot right now.
Working on the first town in my game. The main character is a placeholder for now  :cool:

• Cold-Souled Sovereign of the Night Blades
  • PipPipPipPip
Your "N" is backwards... Is that supposed to be intentional?
  • So hot right now.
That is how it came on the charaset, so I assume it was intentional for some reason. Heh.
  • Worthless Protoplasm
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
Gongo gets extra points for making using m3 rips but for an original-looking game that's its own idea not Mother 3 1/2 the continued adventures of ryukka to kurausu

well the forest scene not so much but the city stuff is pretty original. It reminds me of SNES rpgs that never made it here where the settings look more modern Japanese-y and the story is about ONI or something and it was just too japanese at the time. But the games seemed pretty good at throwing you into some congested city area and make you worry about someone lurking around in all the confusion (kind of Ghost in the Shell I guess)

I just hope the game is actually good with the story and everything and not just hipster graphics by some guy who got lucky and stumbled upon a good graphical style

for how similar the characters look you do generate a good interest in what the characters are like too, just from a few pixels

Swordofkings: I do think the new game loses some of the style Ghosts of Aliens had which I thought was as tight as a vice, not that this is bad but I think this new game forces you to be a little looser with the style (lol shitty metaphor) and it looks more like some random game this time and less like yourself!

edit: Maybe I will disagree once the game action moves to a less SPARSE environment. I dunno maybe not too many people can make such minimal backgrounds look unique and I'm being over judgemental
Last Edit: April 14, 2010, 05:13:56 pm by Ragnar
http://djsaint-hubert.bandcamp.com/

• By by
  • PipPipPipPip
Ragnar: I'm sorry you feel that way! I do realize I've shown rather empty enviroments thus far, but there is much more to come.

all you need to know now is that there is a desert, and there will be an ocean. :shrug:
  • Uggablaggableaggh!
  • PipPipPipPip

Title

Message test
Last Edit: April 15, 2010, 11:24:35 am by MISTER BIG T

And that's when I decided to become a barber.

@drbigt

"*sniff* your work, just inspires me to become a better lover." - Brent Murray.