FPS Resident Evil 5! (Read 6013 times)

• Contender
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Premium Member

Resident Evil 5, known in Japan as Biohazard 5, is the forthcoming installment in the Resident Evil survival horror video game series, which is set to debut for PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360. It will be developed and published by Capcom.

Release Date:
North America: March 10, 2009
Europe: March 13, 2009
Japan: March 5, 2009

Resident Evil 5's setting will have a similar feel to the film Black Hawk Down. Takeuchi added that the development team is composed of staff members who worked on the first Resident Evil.He has stated that Resident Evil 5 will be an actual sequel to the Resident Evil series.Before Takeuchi took over, the game's former producer Hiroyuki Kobayashi stated "it's safe to say that Resident Evil 5 will naturally proceed from where Resident Evil 4 left off".

In a July 2007 Famitsu interview, producer Jun Takeuchi revealed the main playable character as Chris Redfield and the game takes place roughly ten years after the events of the original Resident Evil. The story will explore Chris' life during the ten year interval between the two games. During the game's events, he is a member of a group known as Bioterrorism Security Assessment Alliance (BSAA), and sent to investigate an incident in a desert area that serves as the game's setting. Takeuchi also confirmed that a female character from the series, who is seen briefly at the end of the trailer, will appear in the game. In an online interview, Takeuchi revealed that the game's plot will be set in Africa, and will concern "the origins of the virus". He also stated one of the plot's key elements will revolve around the whereabouts of STARS and Redfield's life after the first Resident Evil game. UK-based publication Xbox World 360 revealed that the game takes place in an area named Kijuju. They also confirmed the return of recurring antagonist Albert Wesker, as well as Sherry Birkin.Another game trailer that was released on May 31, 2008 depicted a female character named Sheva Alomar who is an agent of the West African branch of the BSAA, who will assist Redfield.

Alomar will follow Redfield, while supplying him with ammo and support. She will also be able to engage enemies, and will require the player's assistance from time to time.

Information from IGN.com has revealed the lady in white from the trailers to be Excella Gionne. According to IGN, she is a family member of the founder of the Tricell Pharmaceutical Company and she runs the company's African branch.

My thoughts so far:

I bought my copy this morning. Resident Evil 5 is f*cken awesome plain & simple. Only playing it on normal right now but this game is delivering for me right now.

Voice acting & facial animation is amazing along with the lighting, textures, this games graphics are up their with Gears of War, Killzone, etc. The level design is very well done and the pacing is excellent. Not that far in yet but the story so far has done it's job.

Taking a break from it for now but can't wait to get back to it.
Last Edit: March 13, 2009, 02:38:19 am by Tau

• I'm like Jesus, only in a non-religious way.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
didn't 4 just come out? or is this the one about shooting black people?
  • Contender
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
Black people one.

• Action RPG Demi-God
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Member
Will likely check this out once I'm done with MadWorld.  Just heard about the VS mode coming in an update later, though not sure how well that would work considering the controls.  I mainly want to see what big deal is regarding that gravestone teaser a while back concerning one of the characters in the series.  That and Chris "Roid"field. :P
  • Developer of "Eternal Conflict" Series
  • PipPipPipPipPip
Getting this, because RE4 was pretty much my favorite GCN game.
Not really expecting anything more than RE4+New Setting + Different Characters.

I played the Demo, and i'm not expecting anymore than that from this.  But i will be picking it up, since if it's as good as RE4, I'll be playing it for a while.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
I wanna get this but i have to wait until my wife is done with finals.

fucking college kids :argh:
  • sea of vodka
do i still get to run around killing.................animals
  • sea of vodka
gollywogs*
yes, i guess you could call the infected 'sub-human' since they have lost control of themselves.... like a pack of violent wild apes
  • sea of vodka
they dont even use silverware. . .
  • If this Disturbs you, then walk away...
  • PipPipPip
My friend just got it, I don't think its as good as RE2 or RE4. Things don't feel as startling anymore and it seems easier to survive. I believe this is because of your partner Sheva since you always have a helping hand, these factors are less existent. Then again RE4 wasn't too freaky to begin with(the only part that made me jump in that game was when the Regenerator appeared).
  • Tech Suit Pilot: First Class
  • PipPipPipPipPip
My thoughts so far:

I bought my copy this morning. Resident Evil 5 is f*cken awesome plain & simple. Only playing it on normal right now but this game is delivering for me right now.

Voice acting & facial animation is amazing along with the lighting, textures, this games graphics are up their with Gears of War, Killzone, etc. The level design is very well done and the pacing is excellent. Not that far in yet but the story so far has done it's job.

Taking a break from it for now but can't wait to get back to it.

The level design has been pretty bland so far.
Its just tight Corridors of gritty dirty shacks.
With bloody animal corpses.

The game has had no horror in it at all, Its not survival Horror at all. Just an action game where the main character moves like a pile of bricks. Rolling down a hill. into a river of cement. And has to stand still to shoot. Its stuck somewhere in the middle of the old resident evils and new games.

I would actually like to see them Remake Resident evil 2 with a system like the newer ones, I just want to see how it would play.

[center][/center]
  • I am also known as jimmy7512
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
Yes, I too would like to see a Resident Evil 2 remake with the newer system like they have on this game, Resident Evil 2 HD Remake. Ha!
RMN Profile
http://rpgmaker.net/games/1446/?p=2#posts

GameJolt Profile
http://gamejolt.com/freeware/games/action/zombie-outbreak/830/

• Mysterious Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
Haven't gotten far yet (just got to chapter 2) but the game is really, really fun. Playing co-op with my brother on Veteran and it's pretty stressful at some points.

Graphics are top notch and gameplay feels typical Resident Evil with the stop-and-shot along with finding herbs and keys. Also have to agree that the pacing is really good so far. I expected it to move as fast as RE4 did with its location switch but no... the first village is really huge and detailed.

I expect to have many more hours of joy with this!
Ock ock, Ack ack!
Beware of the cursed monkey spit!
  • Abominationist
  • PipPipPipPipPip
I got half way through, then the game went Tomb Raider on me.
A tool is a tool regardless. I mean if you suck, you suck, and not even the most perfect tool could save you. And if your damn good then even with the worst tool ever conceived you could chug out some high quality shit.
  • If this Disturbs you, then walk away...
  • PipPipPip
Yes, I too would like to see a Resident Evil 2 remake
heh heh, funny story:
http://www.gametrailers.com/player/46695.html
I won't judge it.....yet.....
  • more cowbell!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
Bought it this morning(midnight) and I had to wait in line with a whole bunch of complete dick heads. I HATE the "gamer" culture. Ugh.

But anyways, I'm gonna start it tonight with a friend and beat it in all one go (read: redlines, caffeine, dedication, pizza, more redlines)_

I;'m stoked
http://www.fallingbot.com/
Bought it this morning(midnight) and I had to wait in line with a whole bunch of complete dick heads. I HATE the "gamer" culture. Ugh.

if you went to a videogame store for a midnight release to wait in line and buy a game, then you're part of it regardless of how you feel
  • Red Eyes Black Jacket
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

I feel the same way. I went to gamestop today buy a copy of Street Fighter 4 (stupidly, I could have done it the day before and avoided the big lines). at least 3 people ahead of me came in with a bag filled with a console, and a stack of old games... After trading in this giant stack they walk out with a single new game thinking "I AM SAVVY CUNSUMMER", when the idiots could have sold their little stacks on ebay for far more. (Gee, should I trade in my used PSP for 30 dollars or sell it on ebay for almost twice as much?)

All around me there are tv's blaring garbage from "GAMESTOP TV", spewing useless information and advertisements for their rip off promotions and other uses for the Wii-balance board, and the Wii glassing blowing kit.
Last Edit: March 14, 2009, 01:43:10 am by NightBlade
when the idiots could have sold their little stacks on ebay for far more.
selling shit on ebay takes a lot of time and if you have a ton of old unremarkable games you don't want to play anymore, and you'd like a new one without spending too much, it's not that unreasonable for someone to avoid the hassle and just trade them in.