Fight They Might Be Giants (Read 949 times)

• sea of vodka
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Member
he wasnt APESHIT about them dude but they were one of his early favs.  i dont think he even really listens to them anymore, or listened to them much after he started getting into actual music.  he asked me if i liked them once and i said not really and he said some of their stuff was pretty good.  that was the extent of it!
  • Insane teacher
  • Group: Premium Member
he wasnt APESHIT about them dude but they were one of his early favs.

then you didn't talk to him about it much because dude used to drive out of state for concerts and had all their shit including obscure side projects and knew all these facts i can't find on wikipedia about individual bandmates and no he was definitely crazy as shit for them. I know he was like GET INTOT HEM WITH ME and then uploaded not just like all those wikipedia albums but shit that some people had recorded off the radio and the musical the singer had done and everything!

no he was worse than I was with Marillion for sure for this band. he was Steve on Marillion (steve has flown to europe to see marillion).

HOWEVER you are correct in that he stopped talking about them but I always wondered if we...broke his heart...

*idiot kid touches a glass menagerie, whispers "istanbul...never constantinople"

hmm the difference might have been I don't think I knew them when he asked and you said "THEY AIGHT" when he asked so I was his lump of clay.
brian chemicals
  • sea of vodka
how would he have driven out of state?  he cant even drive!  what did his parents take him or something
  • Insane teacher
how would he have driven out of state?  he cant even drive!  what did his parents take him or something

i think at least once he WENT WITH A GUY he barely knew but yes he would beg his parents to take him.

i'm actually surprised you didn't think he was a huge fan, it was the biggest source of musical dissonance between him and I because I could not get into this kind of shit for longer than thirty minutes.
brian chemicals
  • sea of vodka
idk he even told me he just thinks theyre okay and doesnt listen much anymore and this was... years ago!
  • Power to the flowers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
sorry for the shitty post but i just want to say i have the whole they might be giants discography on my computer because i had a friend who was FUCKING OBSESSED with them and made me do it but i've always been overwhelmed at the amount of material and clicking random songs was boring shit (it takes me several seconds to scroll past it all on itunes) and so I haven't really listened to it.  he used to keep linking me to youtube links of them and it was pretty shit so i think i'll just go ahead and delete it soon.
  • Insane teacher
it was sophomore year for me, second semester, i know this FOR SURE because i have the memory tied to a rasterbation i had in my room and this would make it...beginning 2006. still years ago but i felt like doing this!

sorry for the shitty post but i just want to say i have the whole they might be giants discography on my computer because i had a friend who was FUCKING OBSESSED with them and made me do it but i've always been overwhelmed at the amount of material and clicking random songs was boring shit (it takes me several seconds to scroll past it all on itunes) and so I haven't really listened to it.  he used to keep linking me to youtube links of them and it was pretty shit so i think i'll just go ahead and delete it soon.

yeah sorry idiot kid if you read this but i've already done this.
brian chemicals
  • Lichens!
some of their olders albums are worth hanging on to maybe, such as flood and apollo 18.  Like the entire discography is ridiculous because its so many songs and really with that many songs you are bound to get mostly trash but back in their prime they made a few alright albums so maybe just hang on to those instead and delete the rest
  • destroyer of mayos
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
like six (fuuuuck) years ago they had this radio thing on their website that would download the songs to your computer for some reason. i don't know if they fixed that. anyway, that is how i got a bunch of obscure tmbg songs and perhaps this will be your gateway to happiness as well