RPG [ADVERT]Eternal Paradise (Read 1281 times)

• Angel of wavering tides.
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Premium Member
Excellent! Another player steps forth and offers their opinion! Thank you very much, Mineyl. Though I wish that you'd gone and completed the demo--it's not very long (about a half an hour or so), and offers some of that "serious" storytelling that you've mentioned.

I can see where you're getting this "Lunar-esque" feeling. I'm trying to balance out the seriousness with a bit of humor here-and-there, because the further you I in to the story, the harder it is going to be for me to insert humor and related events that just feel "right." As of now I think I've struck a decent balance between the two, but I can tell that it is going to fall in to more serious territory once I near the end. That's a given, though.

And about the graphics... and more specifically the character's tails.
Well... there is no DEFINITE reason , and I suppose you could pin it on me being lazy or something similar... but I think that a little event that I'm going to have unfold later in to the game may give some insight in to their different appearance. I SHOULD address that if I'm not going to change it, right? He ha. I think it'd work well with what I have, too! So who knows.

Also, don't worry about the overlays, and I don't plan on using them NEAR as much for the rest of the game as I did in the beginning. That was more-or-less me trying to establish a certain atmosphere that I thought would be difficult to acquire... but it wasn't THAT hard! I have gone back and toned down a great deal of things, though, as mentioned above (I think).

Anyway, thank you for playing and I hope that you'll be back again when it's finished. =)

ALSO: Yes! The main villain is Ephiam (he was always my villain's name before I made it my forum username. =P)

Mwa ha.
Last Edit: March 28, 2010, 02:55:36 pm by Ephiam
Check out Eternal Paradise, my latest RPG Maker 2003 project, over at RMN!
http://rpgmaker.net/games/1914/
  • PipPipPip
Hello everyone! I am coming to deliver a slew of juicy updates for Eternal Paradise your way!

UPDATES FROM DEMO TO NOW:
+Fog overlay is toned down.
+Inside of caves is much easier to navigate and see though.
+Small edits to character dialogue.
+Edits to monster stats.
+Edits to monster sprites.
+HP for the four main characters was adjusted ever-so-slightly.
+Adjusted EXP gained and some items earned from early enemy encounters.
+Roughly 15-20 maps more than before. I'm on a roll!
+Renamed some of the spells, and changed one of Laura's spell scrolls so that you learn Omega Ice instead of Omega Fire (again).
+Edited out and replaced some enemy actions.
+In terms of story, it has taken a very quick dive in to a much more serious mood, generating a much more haunting atmosphere.
+Very fast-paced story (this game is going to be short, after all).
+Changed a lot of the music around. Added some, removed some, and just reduced their size overall.

And here are a few new screenshots for the lot of you:

And two new videos!
These are simply battle-oriented videos for entertainment purposes only, and to show off a few of the songs and character abilities.

Video One ^ (Early game)

Video Two ^ (Midpoint game)

I've recently finished eventing the turning-point of the game. From the boss that separates the beginning portions from the end, everything takes drastic turn. This ranges from the story and characters to the music its self. It is turning out to be a much more dark and serious tale than what was shown in the demo, and is definitely much funner, too (thanks to the variety of equipment and abilities you'll have by then!)

I've entered the final stretch, and hope to possibly get this game out by the end of this Month, or at least the beginning of the next! There will be no rushing things though, so don't worry about that,
  • PipPipPip
So I went ahead and made a little seven minute video of Eternal Paradise today. I wanted to show something a little more than just boss fights, so I simply opened FRAPS and hit the record button while I wandered aimlessly for a while.

As said in the video description, the music on the field is subject to change, as I'm experimenting around a bit at the moment.

• <Custom Title here>
  • Pip
  • Group: Member

Ill be honest with you dude, I know that making custom graphics isn't for everyone especially since sometimes they end up looking so terrible they really weren't worth the effort. If you are going to use borrowed resources though, at least spend some time looking for something less common. Nothing about those screens makes your game stand out, just the opposite.
Last Edit: April 16, 2010, 10:45:45 pm by Maxximum
  • PipPipPip
Okay. But I'm not making this game in a way that will make it stand out. I'm just making it... for the enjoyment of making it! If it looks like a hundred other games, then that is all good, but somewhere along the line it will drag someone in to play it, so eh.
  • It's Me, Picasso
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Member
If the font I see int the videos is the one you'd been using earlier,, please DO include it in the packet! It's quite readable and that's always useful in any game! You could always put it in using the fontswap patch anyway...
Everyone has the right to be himself; wise men know how to,when, and whether to navigate the boundary between their rights and those of others when they collide.
  • PipPipPip
Ohhhh don't worry, I'll definitely include the font in the final game! But I've done that a lot in the past and people just ignored it, so I decided against it when I released the demo.