Tv wh tv show you watch (Read 2852 times)

• Lichens!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Premium Member
just starting watching falling skies. I'm on the third episode currently (pilot was 2 episodes) and i'm not sure what I think of it yet, will watch a few more and post

I like the premise,  I've gotten through the first season, and I'm going to watch the first two episodes of the second season tonight (that is as far as the show has gotten so far).  I think my biggest problem with the show so far is how the main characters are well done but many of the minor characters are inconsistent, and the way that the show handles internal drama is way too much.  There is not enough alien/human interaction to make it feel plot oriented, and it feels far too filler whenever an episode spends its entire time interacting with just the humans and their own problems/egos.   I also don't like how the show is paced.  There is only 10 episodes in the first season, and they spent the middle 6 doing filler, and now everything in the last 2 episodes of the first season were really rushed.  They have interesting ideas, and no transitions into putting those ideas into the viewers head other than to hit you over the head with them suddenly without warning (eg: what Glass finds out about the harnesses with her med student intern)
  • I fear and I tremble
I've been seeing previews of this and I'm def gonna check it out.

That and that new show about that fueding pioneer family
DEUCE: MEETING THE URINE UP CLOSE AND PERSONAL AND REALIZING IT'S JUST LIKE ME AND MY PREJUDICES  THIS WHOLE TIME WERE COMPLETELY FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF PTTTTHTHTHH GOD IT'S EVERYWHERE<br />DEUCE: FUCK THIS TASTES LIKE PISS<br />PANTS: WHERE IT SHOULD TASTE LIKE COTTON CANDY OR PICKLES<br />DEUCE: OR AT LEAST LIKE URINE NOT PISS
  • Lichens!
Watching ep 1 of the second season.  It seems like they might be doing more of the alien thing this season but we'll see.  I think it's going to settle on being one of those that is frustrating because its okay, but could be really good.
  • im in a wrld of tri4ce
  • PipPip
  • Group: Member
I've been on a Stargate SG-1 binge lately, so I ended it on Stargate: Continuum. Thoroughly unnecessary film, but it's quite fun to watch, especially to see Claudia Black steal the show half way through.
http://www.angelfire.com/rpg/supponibarodu/
Yeah so SpoonyBard eventually did a new Final Fallacy game.
  • Scanner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
Red Vs Blue. I just discovered that the series is STILL going. so I'm refreshing my memory and re-watching from the beginning
  • TV people want to leave
i was about to make a new tv thread since i didn't remember one but this was at the bottom of the first page so i'm bumpin it to talk about BOMB GIRLS

It was sorta under the radar when it started but it's done very well so idk how familiar people are with it, but Bomb Girls is a Canadian series about women working in a bomb factory during WW2.  I won't go into too much detail about the plot since you can find that out yourself fairly easy, but I guess I just wanna say that this is one of the best shows I've watched in a long time.  It's really engaging and I'm pretty invested in these characters.  Season 2 just started last week and the first season (which was expected to be All Of It when it was made) is only 6 episodes so now's a good time to check it out if you're interested.  Ultimately it feels really character-driven instead of plot-driven, which makes for way better TV, and it's rare to get such a good show focused around a primarily female cast.  There are still plenty of solid male characters but the focus is entirely on the women working in the factory.  One of the women is even dealing with being a lesbian in the 40s which is fantastic to me since you get very few queer women on TV, much less in a more or less period piece.  So uh yeah check Bomb Girls out, I'm not really good at talking about what I like in a show unless I've got it on to point out specific things but I think this show has a lot going for it and I've heard almost nobody say anything about it so I'M SAYIN THINGS ABOUT IT ! ! !
I love this hobby - stealing your mother's diary
BRRING! BRRING!
Hello!  It's me, Vellfire!  FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER! ... Bye!  CLICK!  @gidgetnomates
  • Fuzzball of Doom!!!11one
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
i definitely plan on checking out Bomb Girls! :> and Last Friends, too~.

other shows i watch:
i've seen all seven seasons of Dexter. some are far better than others but i don't think any are really BAD. and i don't think it has "jumped the shark" or whatever; season 7 was reaaallly good~  :fogetcrazy:
i've also seen all of Breaking Bad, and i really like it. the writing is excellent and the characters are so relatable. but man, that show is brutal. :boxed:​ i can't wait to see the final season!
i'm watching Supernatural slowly but surely. i think i'm on season 4 or 5. i've mostly watched it on Netflix while doing my weightlifting routine, which imma get back into soon.

those are the main "big shows" i'm into... i mean, i've seen a hecka lotta shows!! but i don't really consider most of them to be super important. like, i keep up with Criminal Minds and How I Met Your Mother, but those are just chill things i like to watch. i dunno

also, anyone who likes asian dramas (i am reminded of this because i read this topic from the first page where HB mentions Nobuta wo Produce) should reaaallly watch the One Liter of Tears 12-episode show. it is one of only a few media productions which have made me friggin BAWL  :fogetcry:​ it is true to its title!!
Last Edit: January 14, 2013, 02:32:30 pm by mkkmypet
semper games.
  • Lichens!
i thought season 7 was really good until and then the rest of the season was just boring and contrived.  The narrative fell apart, and it just felt like the rest of the episodes were completely filler.

edit: of dexter i mean
Last Edit: January 14, 2013, 04:47:27 pm by ATARI
  • Lichens!
also shameless is back on !  Haven't seen the first episode yet but I'm super excited because this is one of the best shows on right now, even if it is a remake show,
  • Fuzzball of Doom!!!11one
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
i thought season 7 was really good until and then the rest of the season was just boring and contrived.  The narrative fell apart, and it just felt like the rest of the episodes were completely filler.

edit: of dexter i mean

dexter season 7 spoilers
Last Edit: January 14, 2013, 05:09:01 pm by mkkmypet
semper games.
  • Lichens!
More season 7 thoughts.

• Fuckin' A.
i occasionally forget that television exists
  • BONECRUNCHER
David Attenborough's Africa is pretty great to watch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FRx1y1tDnTc

I don't care if this is all cut and paste editing to make it like this, the show still rules because animals.
  • Lichens!
animals rule
  • ruined former youth seeking atonement
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
hope there aren't TOO many spideys but I like watching animal documentaries too.
  • brown priyde yea mayne
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
David Attenborough's Africa is pretty great to watch.

I've enjoyed all of his work thus far. Where can I see this?
keep posting...
polar bear cafe

• ruined former youth seeking atonement
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
Last Edit: February 03, 2013, 10:56:50 pm by jamie
  • Worthless Protoplasm
i occasionally forget that television exists

what's this tv thing again

if I was smart enough to hook up youtube to the TV and set it to wendyvainity's channel all the time I'd have no need for real tv. Seriously I think only reason I watch it anymore is for FORMAT is kind of more pleasant than a computer screen
http://djsaint-hubert.bandcamp.com/

• Lichens!
Just watched the pilot of The Walking Dead, I've been told by a bunch of people at work that I should start watching this show and that I would like it. The first episode was pretty good, although I'm not sure I like where the whole dynamic of Rick's family etc is going so far with what I can see, but I like the main character so far and the ending of the pilot at least was a good enough set up that I'd want to watch the rest of the first season.  What are peoples impression of this show?