Art - Finished [ALBUM RELEASE] now with vid of a whole show! and a review! swansaw- flight and falling (Read 5687 times)

• Resident Lurker
  • PipPip
  • Group: Member
SDRE?

sunny day real estate
what's updog?
  • Resident Lurker
  • PipPip
you guys are really fucking talented no lie

edit: i want a tshirt with the album art on it. i'd pay like 15 bucks!!
Last Edit: April 01, 2009, 01:40:46 am by Malad
what's updog?
  • EmoAngstyPastyPants
  • Group: Premium Member
you guys are really fucking talented no lie

edit: i want a tshirt with the album art on it. i'd pay like 15 bucks!!

I told you the album art would be a good t-shirt. : )
I think it can hear you, Ray...
  • rap singing
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
Wow, those CD's look great. I'd love to get something like that done since my last lot were a little disappointing quality-wise.

Also props on the review, it's pretty flattering.
  • Resident Lurker
  • PipPip
I really want to buy this.  I'll buy the CD and a shirt C'MON!!
what's updog?
  • I fear and I tremble
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
I'd buy the album but I'd never do anything with it I don't use Cds but I'll order a T-shirt if you dudes ever start getting them out.
DEUCE: MEETING THE URINE UP CLOSE AND PERSONAL AND REALIZING IT'S JUST LIKE ME AND MY PREJUDICES  THIS WHOLE TIME WERE COMPLETELY FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF PTTTTHTHTHH GOD IT'S EVERYWHERE<br />DEUCE: FUCK THIS TASTES LIKE PISS<br />PANTS: WHERE IT SHOULD TASTE LIKE COTTON CANDY OR PICKLES<br />DEUCE: OR AT LEAST LIKE URINE NOT PISS
  • Insane teacher
if you make shirts please dont put them on black or white.

there are too many fucking black/white shirts for bands.
brian chemicals
  • Evil at its horniest.
  • PipPip
Really neat stuff, I don't think I've heard anything that uses ambiance so effectively in a long time.

It gets a little repetitive sometimes but otherwise it's quite solid.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
Hey I've been listening to this and I think it's pretty good. I have a hard time with ambient and post-rock but this keeps my attention all the way through. The second half seems to not get a lot of notice but the two or three songs following the after are my favorites. The vocals are probably the best stuff on the album but I'm sure it's because they compliment the music well. I've been trying to pass it around to people here but no one has gotten back to me on what they think yet

Also, you probably already answered this but are you doing any kind of tour? I'd definitely go if you did a show anywhere in the region
http://marklisanti.tumblr.com/post/126620624/i-can-totally-relate-harold-i-am-a-farmer-and-i
  • The MONSTER that lives inside of your COUCH!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
developed mild rep strain injury so cant type much.

@malad: so glad you like
@ptizzle: thanks bro they are cheap too!  like $1.50 per cd and home assembled so you can do short runs
@steel: yeah idk what we will do with shirts yet prob not for a while
@spiral: thanks dude.
@ejaculating: thats so cool man yeah ive been wondering what people thought bout other half of album.  thanks on vocals and trying to pass around.  no tour yet but if the album gets big enough maybe.

swansaw @ the maywood senior center 03/14/09
  • Master of Puppets
  • PipPipPipPipPip
haha, only the truest of rock bands can pull off a gig at a senior center.
  • It's A Short Eternity... live with it
wait, did you actually play for old people??? where are the old people???

well i watched a couple of them. youtube sucks :( drums drown everything out, especially during the "solos." Your voice sounds about the same as on the album, so that was awesome.
  • wake up with the king
  • Pip
i couldn't watch the videos, the quality was reeeeally bad

fuck you couch where's my cd
Max 1000; characters remaining: 965

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
yeah, we are just gonna have to turn our amps up more.  we are also gonna actually record the audio seperate next time so!

scott send me you address [email protected] and i will mail you FREE CD for being so very helpful (you are in the album credits)

no there were no old people there.   and thx Ase glad you like it duke.  We will be taping the next two shows this weekend too so hopefully those videos come out better.
  • sea of vodka
SCOTT

do you two know each other
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
i did music for a game of his like 5 years ago and weve talked online ever since
  • What, me worry?
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
no there were no old people there.   and thx Ase glad you like it duke.  We will be taping the next two shows this weekend too so hopefully those videos come out better.
I could always tape them
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
come on down man.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
Got the album posted here:

http://shoegazeralive2.blogspot.com/2009/05/swansaw-flight-and-falling.html

On that note, anybody know any other music blogs that would be interested?
  • PipPipPip
Your live in a grimey alleyway got me to listen to the whole album and I don't want to derail that topic so I guess I'll have to necropost. Here comes.

It's good, really good. For the first three and a half songs I thought that this was a postrock album but I'm very glad you proved me wrong. First of all like everyone's been saying, the album cover rules. Second, the overall sound rules. At the times it's very close and intimate with lots of room (of one less light) and then again very cacophonic and overwhelming but still as intimate. Did you do all the engineering, effects, mixing and mastering yourself? Because that's amazing work. Also your drummer's touch rules, many acid jazz DJs would probably die for that beat on of things to come.

Still the album wasn't as good as it looks on paper and as good as it could have been. It flowed on very nicely, but sometimes even too nicely. Like others have said it was a bit repetitive at times but more than that I felt like it was lacking direction. The songs went on but never ended up anywhere. A great example of this is of things to come, which gets a very good start straight from of one less light, goes on to that great beat and gains lots of momentum but in the end nothing happens and all that tension goes to waste. Many of the songs have the same problem, often the finale is marked mainly by going all out dynamically (abrahams ashes) but compositionally nothing much really happens. Those vocals everybody's asking for could help greatly in creating focal points and hooks to fix this. And I definitely want to hear more of your singing.

The math/the aftermath does brilliantly though, and they are together my favorite moment on the album. The math works on the same mellow-BOOM-mellow dynamic but it has a catchy and interesting bass line with a great jamming guitar, some hard-hitting riffing and lots of other interesting points, and that's just the math. Then aftermath kicks in and jeeesus help uus

If I can get an albumful of that I'll buy it right away.

You guys obviously have huge potential. The energy on the whole album is stunning, you mostly play your instruments very well, you seem to have found your own direction and on some songs you hit it the nail on the head with smashing force. You just need to make your next album (or maybe an EP?) a bit more concentrated.

- - -

I also listened to Something Desperate after writing that and it sounded even better. That's exactly the kind of hooks and variation Flight and Falling needed. And taking some more vocals in was definitely the right thing to do, keep on singing.
Last Edit: August 10, 2009, 03:22:25 pm by Marge