Topic: My Little Brother killed our computer T_T; (Read 919 times)

• So-Called Manga Artist
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Premium Member
I have a problem...

Well it's my little brother, he placed his usb which has a virus, disabled the anti-virus and plugged it in again and when I got back home the computer won't start even the windows logo or run in safe mode. I'm afraid that my files are dead if I try to reinstall the system files like what I did before where it won't work. What should I do?  ​

I looked over google but I'm not sure what I'm encountering here.
Is there a way for it to run in safe mode or do I have to plug in the installation disk?  :fogetcry:
  • I need to watch things die
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
Setting fire to your little brother will solve this problem. Please film it and put it on youtube : )

If you have a Windows XP disc then you should be able to repair your installation as one of the startup options when you boot from CD.
  • So-Called Manga Artist
I will definitely video it and watch him burn!!

Yeah I guess I have no choice but to try out the best option right now, I Hope it won't die on me >_<
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
Worst case scenario you'll have to reformat and reinstall.

There are ways to set administrative policies on windows which prevents users from closing certain programs, I'd look into that for your virus scanner.
  • o
you could use a livecd like slax and access your important files through that, then store them on a DVD or another USB drive.
  • BAA2U
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
You can press F8 during boot to enter safe mode, but I also recommend you reinstall/reformat just to be sure.
  • So-Called Manga Artist
Oh.My.God.
It just happened again, except this time on my computer and I told them not to use it! I was in the process of backing up files when I realized I couldn't open my RPGmaker VX so I tried using avast on it to check it out. But what I discovered was...There's the same virus called Sally Trojan or something! It closed all so suddenlySafemode won't work and I keep getting BSoD! Apparently it activated or something after I activated avast so I'm doomed ...

The limited account seems to work just fine now though except I can't install a new antivirus this way right? x_x

Is there a way for me to grind my siblings? :(

I don't know how to react from here but I managed to log in the real admin account and tried to uninstall avast which I think is corrupted since it keeps BSoDing me when I try to hmm... I tried runas as well, the BSoD in the limited account doesn't occur only that the uninstalling just hangs :S Ah well

Now cleaning up :3
Last Edit: June 06, 2009, 10:55:02 am by Nessiah
  • Mysterious Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
This is why you make sure each kid in the house has his/her own computer to mess up rather than sharing one together.

Ock ock, Ack ack!
Beware of the cursed monkey spit!
  • It's A Short Eternity... live with it
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
you should consider changing the topic title so you don't scare people on the main page