Music Porcupine Tree - The Incident (Read 4571 times)

• Lichens!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Premium Member
this album really falls apart near the end
  • Lichens!
like there is nothing interesting in the last 2-3 tracks
  • Lichens!
guys lets be honest, this album ain't the album of the year and the new muse album is superior
  • Kaiser
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
guys lets be honest, this album ain't the album of the year and the new muse album is superior
seriously man make a topic about the new muse album with youtube links + stop repeating beating (ds gimme creds :sly: :cool:​) that line in every other topic...!
Last Edit: September 10, 2009, 09:33:41 am by bonzi_buddy
  • w007 w007 and double w007
  • PipPipPipPipPip
What I am about to tell you may sound disgustingly fan boyish, and it is but is also the sole reason I don't download leaks of stuff. The experiences I've had in the past 12 hours are way better than downloading a torrent.

"The Incident" came in the post today. I managed to get myself really excited about it. I couldn't sleep last night at all. I got up, got dressed, put on my PT T-shirt,  and literally spend like an hour just sitting by the door waiting for the post. I just got finished listening to the first disc (I'm not really gonna consider the second disc part of the album, even though it is) and here's my opinion.

It rules. This album is pretty, clever and pretty brutal all at the same time. This is better than Fear by a COUNTRY MILE. The Incident is the stand out track just because it was so damn good and pretty much like nothing PT have done before. I Drive The Hearse is such an epic album closer, with it's pretty bits and it's geetar solos and stuff. While it's definitely not my favourite PT album it could quite easily be in a few months time after a few listens. Even the heavy bits (don't get me wrong I like it when PT go heavy but it was very amatuerish on FoaBP, are sound a lot better) are great. They sound a lot like Opeth in places and that's never a bad thing. I can't believe that I was worried about this album at all! Most of this probably doesn't make sense because I am posting under the influence of excitement.

Edit: Bonnie the Cat, was unexpectedly heavy, you know for a song called Bonnie The Cat. I'm not really getting the second disc. Like, I don't see the point in it at all! I guess it saves them releasing these songs in 6 months time and charging £8 for a NEW MINI ALBUM ala Nil Recurring. The songs are good but it's not part of THE INCIDENT so I'm not bothered. It feels like something they've stuck on at the end. At least they put them on a different disc as not to ruin the flow of the other album.
Last Edit: September 15, 2009, 10:16:25 am by Bumblebee man
  • DragonSlayer o_O
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Member
Edit: Bonnie the Cat, was unexpectedly heavy, you know for a song called Bonnie The Cat. I'm not really getting the second disc. Like, I don't see the point in it at all! I guess it saves them releasing these songs in 6 months time and charging £8 for a NEW MINI ALBUM ala Nil Recurring. The songs are good but it's not part of THE INCIDENT so I'm not bothered. It feels like something they've stuck on at the end. At least they put them on a different disc as not to ruin the flow of the other album.
They released the second disc with the album because with Nil Recurring they really noticed that EPs simply don't get the same exposure as albums do and wanted to release it with the album because they felt the songs were just as good as anything else on the first disc. I agree because all the songs on the second disc are great and Remember Me Lover is easily one of their best songs.

Anyway, I got my deluxe edition yesterday and went to rami's place to listen to it in 5.1 and it was fantastic! Time Flies in 5.1 was fucking awesome, it's not my favorite song on the album but it was my favorite 5.1 track. If you can listen to The Incident in 5.1, I really recommend you do! But that applies to all of PT's 5.1 mixes.

I uploaded a few pics:

Also I agree with Ramci, ATARI should create a topic for Muse's new album if he wants to discuss it.
Last Edit: September 16, 2009, 08:29:25 am by DragonSlayer
To Never Be Known Is The Worst Death
  • Lichens!

looks like KID A artwork
  • PipPipPipPipPip
How much more was that? I can imagine it being quite expensive?!
  • DragonSlayer o_O
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Member
it cost 70 euros which was ridiculous but it's pretty awesome so i don't regret buying it. plus i can always sell it if i need the money.
Last Edit: September 16, 2009, 12:34:23 pm by DragonSlayer
To Never Be Known Is The Worst Death
  • PipPipPipPipPip
It's up on Spotify BTW! They've even uploaded the whole album as one song  (but they've named it Occam's Razor and included the rest of the tracks separately) Hilarious!