Rant What's on your mind? (Read 123147 times)

• Worthless Protoplasm
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Premium Member
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_m_yEp4yvWQY/SYGt5EKBsPI/AAAAAAAASBo/X7lw_Ze4eM0/s1600-h/0.bmp

CHILD WORLD
http://djsaint-hubert.bandcamp.com/

• TV people want to leave
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_m_yEp4yvWQY/SYGt5EKBsPI/AAAAAAAASBo/X7lw_Ze4eM0/s1600-h/0.bmp

CHILD WORLD

that definitely looks more like king world i want my money back
I love this hobby - stealing your mother's diary
BRRING! BRRING!
Hello!  It's me, Vellfire!  FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER! ... Bye!  CLICK!  @gidgetnomates
  • ブラウンの人
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
whoa chill vellfire. Im sure juris is just defending his own opinion on that xkcd website. I never got the humour myself, but it seems to have a lot of followers.
  • Watch out Kitty! The room turned sideways!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Member
Everybody goes through a phase where they read xkcd. most people grow out of it.
  • Fuckin' A.
don't really read webcomics, don't intend to start now
  • The Irrepressible
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
ohmgah I am offended I will play the class card! MY SOCIOECONOMIC STANDING HAS PREDISPOSED ME TO LIKE "BAD" HUMOR AND YOU ELITIST PIGS ARE TRYING TO REDEFINE WHAT HUMOR IS GOOD! MY CLASS IS BEING SUBJUGATED! FASCIST HUMOR NAZIS! ABUSE! I CALL PHENOMENOLOGICAL ABUSE!

Velfarre I was pulling your chain about the PC bit. I realize that you're defending your likes. The Internet is a free country. Anyone can like whatever the hell they want, and say whatever the hell they want to say.

Everybody goes through a phase where they read xkcd. most people grow out of it.
And some extra special people, every monday, wednesday, and friday, write massive articles lambasting every xkcd that ever comes up.
"I would be totally embarassed to write this, even as a fakepost. it's not funny except in how you seem to think it's good. look at all the redundancies, for fuck's sake. "insipid semantics, despicable mediocrity" ugh gross gross. I want to take a shower every time I read your prose." -Steel
  • ブラウンの人
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
speaking of webcomics, there was this one I used to follow about a year ago or so (maybe longer). It was about vikings I think and it was introduced on GW (at least for me). If anyone can help me find it I'd appreciate that a lot! something star maybe...hmm
  • VILLAIN
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Administrator
The Internet is a free country. Anyone can like whatever the hell they want, and say whatever the hell they want to say.
:sweat:
  • Worthless Protoplasm
I didn't think Tomba! was very good. it just seemed like an anachronistic kind of tribute to the sort of game that was plentiful on systems before the playstation and seemed better in isolation
http://djsaint-hubert.bandcamp.com/

• The Irrepressible
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
Btw there is a helluva lot of truth behind my 'classism' argument. That one's legit. It's like the difference between Carlos Mencia and that one stick-up-the-ass tongue in cheek comedian white people like a lot.
"I would be totally embarassed to write this, even as a fakepost. it's not funny except in how you seem to think it's good. look at all the redundancies, for fuck's sake. "insipid semantics, despicable mediocrity" ugh gross gross. I want to take a shower every time I read your prose." -Steel
  • Watch out Kitty! The room turned sideways!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
jesus christ, juris.
speaking of webcomics, there was this one I used to follow about a year ago or so (maybe longer). It was about vikings I think and it was introduced on GW (at least for me). If anyone can help me find it I'd appreciate that a lot! something star maybe...hmm

are you talking about lone star or w/e? the pixel one?

also
jesus christ, juris.
BRRING! BRRING!
Hello!  It's me, Vellfire!  FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER! ... Bye!  CLICK!  @gidgetnomates
juris seriously where did you even see class?  who brought up class?  you literally are just making up things that nobody said to be angry about
BRRING! BRRING!
UGH JURIS YEAH I'M SURE IT'S ALL ABOUT RELIGION.  WHY CAN'T YOU UNDERSTAND THAT PEOPLE HAVE DIFFERENT BELIEFS AND RELIGIONS?  NOT ALL OF US CAN BE MUSLIMS, JURIS.

these are your arguments
BRRING! BRRING!
  • Scanner
Juris, Carlos Mencia steals jokes out right. However, its possible that he doesn't realize this. I don't hate the man for it, though the knowledge doesn't make me want to watch any of his stand-ups or sketches.

Also other then that you kind of rambled so I didn't really follow.

Anyway, not being exactly a huge fan of XKCD and being pretty apathetic about it, reading that blog did little to make me hate XKCD. It did however make me think that the blog itself was kind of a waste of time. If XKCD is so obviously bad why make a blog pointing that out constantly? Also the guy's writing it took that shit way to seriously... XKCD writes some weak or poorly thought out jokes/comics I MUST FLIP THE FUCK OUT OVER IT. I suppose he's doing this because he sees it as a popular comic that has generally weak jokes?

People just like to hate things I suppose. Or he just has a really intense hatred for 'meh' jokes

don't really read webcomics, don't intend to start now
Why? Do you read any comics/graphic novels/funnies?

You mean like regularly? I never have... not for any particular dislike... Though its not really my taste.
  • Fuckin' A.
Why? Do you read any comics/graphic novels/funnies?
not with any great commitment, i've read bits and pieces on recommendation from friends. idk i guess none of it's really appealed to me very much!
  • Scanner
Oh. that's understandable. I thought you were insinuating that webcomics were inferior to other comics for some reason.
  • Fuckin' A.
well that is probably true but not through any inherent property
  • VILLAIN
  • Group: Administrator
I didn't think Tomba! was very good. it just seemed like an anachronistic kind of tribute to the sort of game that was plentiful on systems before the playstation and seemed better in isolation
Well, it's not like Tomba was the only platformer like it on the PSX. You're right that it was kind of weird and in some ways out of place, but that's partly what I liked about it. Just a very well designed game, but it's somewhat expected that it didn't sell that good.
  • The Irrepressible
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
UGH JURIS YEAH I'M SURE IT'S ALL ABOUT RELIGION.  WHY CAN'T YOU UNDERSTAND THAT PEOPLE HAVE DIFFERENT BELIEFS AND RELIGIONS?  NOT ALL OF US CAN BE MUSLIMS, JURIS.

these are your arguments
:welp: