Topic: Suggest me Wii games to backup! (Read 1545 times)

• Comrade!
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Member
So I finally got around to hacking my Wii. Set up the Homebrew Channel, worked out how to get USB Loader GX working and then bought a 500gb external hdd dedicated to my Wii so I could backup a metric fuckton of games. Currently I'm cycling games through EB by buying 2 at a time, bringing them home to backup, then returning them thanks to their 7 day trial period, only to get another 2 to repeat the process.

Anyway the point of this thread: have any games worth playing stood out to you guys that I should be sure to get?
"the way you speak about rm2k3, like "modules, arrays, pointers" sounds like
you're some badass c++ programmer stuck in the past and only has rm2k3 to
work with"
-Gutts
  • TV people want to leave
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Premium Member
First of all, I don't think there's really enough games for you to have to make too many 2 at a time trips.  In fact, you just need to make one:  No More Heroes and Trauma Center.  Have fun.
I love this hobby - stealing your mother's diary
BRRING! BRRING!
Hello!  It's me, Vellfire!  FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER! ... Bye!  CLICK!  @gidgetnomates
  • I am also known as jimmy7512
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
How about Super Smash brothers and that football one super smash soccer I think it was called! I say get resident evil 4 as well!
RMN Profile
http://rpgmaker.net/games/1446/?p=2#posts

GameJolt Profile
http://gamejolt.com/freeware/games/action/zombie-outbreak/830/

• GW Staff: Article Alcoholic (Current Mood: Happy!)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
Zack and Wiki is pretty sweet! Don't let the cartoony graphics fool you. This game gets hard and rewards a thinker.
  • Meh.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
super mario strikers charged I think. super mario galaxy. mario kart wii. twilight princess. mercury meltdown revolution. geometry wars: galaxies. maybe fire emblem. metroid prime 3 and okami. and Super Paper Mario.
Last Edit: July 28, 2009, 02:17:38 pm by aztec
m
ohap
  • If this Disturbs you, then walk away...
  • PipPipPip
You could try The Conduit, but really only get it for it's decent multiplayer cause other than that, nothing too special. Also try Okami, Zack and Wiki, Metroid Prime 3, Deadly Creatures, and Resident Evil Archives.
  • even more eviler than Skeletor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
Dokapon Kingdom (RPG boardgame), Dragon Quest Swords (is actually kinda fun), Celebrity Sports Showdown (has a good curling game)

..:: Full game is released.  Download it now! ::..
  • Dead man
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
there some good wii were games.... Like the My life as a king and Dark Overlord both addictive games they may eat at your vary soul.
DDay is Dead  I am a dead man typing

Celebrity Sports Showdown (has a good curling game)

wait really because that is the biggest reason i loved digimon world as a kid and i could totally use a good curling game
BRRING! BRRING!
Hello!  It's me, Vellfire!  FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER! ... Bye!  CLICK!  @gidgetnomates
  • junker
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
good curling games exist?
  • GW Staff: Article Alcoholic (Current Mood: Happy!)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
I've been looking for a curling game. Thanks for the info! Does it fully emulate the sport or is this simply a matter of get the rock closest to the centre to win?
Last Edit: July 29, 2009, 08:10:15 pm by Mateui
i've never seen a straight up curling game, just the curling minigame in digimon world

i can't be bothered to play through that much of it again though to get back to it, and i don't have my old savegame
BRRING! BRRING!
  • even more eviler than Skeletor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
I've been looking for a curling game. Thanks for the info! Does it fully emulate the sport or is this simply a matter of get the rock closest to the centre to win?
I played it, and was particularily impressed with its implementation!  In-turns, out-turns, power, aiming, sweeping - it's all there.  The physics are even pretty good, to boot.  The curl of the rock was about what you'd expect for a quarter turn, half turn etc.  You can play 2, 4 or a full 10 ends, with 8 stones, and they do keep track of who has the hammer.  Whoever made the game has actually curled before.

I found the game in the bargain bin at Wal-mart for $10.  Worth it just for the curling.

..:: Full game is released.  Download it now! ::..
  • PipPip
I used to do that as for my ps2 and xbox, I mean buying, backing up, then returning the game.  At one point I realized that everytime you return that item they asked for your name, address, and info.  So I stopped.  I assume they keep on record how much you have bought and returned, and I think maybe if you do that too much they'll investigate on why you have been buying and returning then poof they accuse you of piracy maybe.

• honk
  • Pip
if you're going to go through all that trouble of stealing wii games why don't you just download them :S
If an image says a thousand words, and a video shows 24 images each second, then why couldn't they condense everything I needed to learn at school into one hour long video :V
  • Wind of Peace
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
It sure does take a lot longer.
  • I'm a hairy, slutty and drunk Mexican!
  • PipPipPipPip
No More Heroes (my fav Wii game), Metroid Primer 3: Corruption, Super Mario Galaxy, Mario Kart  and Smash Bros. Brawl. I haven't played The Conduit yet but I guess it's worth the try.

Okami, Twilight Princess and Resident Evil 4 if you haven't played them before in other consoles. I'd recommend MadWorld too.

And that's it, those are the best Wii titles right now.
"I think EVERYONE here on GW has to have cranked one out over Pulits or Trujin before. How's it feel, guys?" - Christophomicus <--Feels great, btw.
driver parallel lines isnt so bad, i heard world at war was good but havent tried it, everything else has been mentioned
  • By by
  • PipPipPipPip
Opoona is my fav game on the wii, it's the most unique rpg experience this generation imo and the only game on the wii I play.

plus its only like $5 now but I got my copy when it was $50.

yeh, i'm a hardcore Opoona fan.
  • Watch out Kitty! The room turned sideways!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
really? the battle system's pretty fun and the story is okay but the job system is a huge pain in the ass especially in the later levels where you have almost no direction just a goal.