Topic: YOU Top 5 Bands (Read 3134 times)

• MUSULMAEN
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Premium Member
YOU are a joke.

haha actually Captain Chekhov is right in this one, haha
  • tom cruise
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Member
Frank Zappa. Funny, great songwriting, doesn't take himself too seriously, groovy tunes, interesting guitar technique. Fun and enjoyable and interesting music
Yes.

• I'm listening.
  • PipPipPipPip
haha actually Captain Chekhov is right in this one, haha
I'm sorry that each and everyone has their own musical tastes. =\

\m/NWOBHM lives on\m/

Хорошая работа для для того чтобы потерять ваше время путем перенести этот никудышный блок текста в английском.
  • None of them knew they were robots.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
You're on the same level as almost everyone else here who listens to 100 bands that sound exactly the same , don't worry
Play Raimond Ex (if you haven't already)

I'll not TAKE ANYTHING you write like this seriously because it looks dumb
  • Dreams With No End
  • PipPip
1) X Japan
2) Kamelot
3) Luna Sea
4) Nightwish
5) dredg
Inactive
  • I need to watch things die
I listen to the meatspin song every morning when I get up. It makes me feel so alive. Good morning GW.
  • Kaiser
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
Isn't it boring to listen to the same kind of stuff over and over again?
what? if you are referring to me then i listen to lots of stuff. i like lots of stuff. those few artists i listed here have just impressed me enough to influence me.
it's sort of annoying/disgusting that i refer to a LAST.FM GENRE myself but i do it for the sake of practicality (i mean man it's mostly INDIE FOLK in that list and i kind of dislike that kind of stuff. i have a rant about that but maybe some other time!)
or the real reason is that once again i'm dismissive of my own taste, thus "heh.......  see? my music taste, it's all in one genre. can't take seriously..."

on the other hand, if you mean Shepperd then i'm not sure how much he listens to other bands but my guess is that he likes this certain musical rhetorics/esthetics those band share in a way or another. SOUND i suppose. maybe he listens to other similiar bands, it's hard to tell from a list of five!
  • Anti-Social Gamer
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
genres arent interesting to me because most of the time they all do sound the same and theres not a lot of interesting stuff to dig into just one genre. artists interest me
  • None of them knew they were robots.
what? if you are referring to me then i listen to lots of stuff. i like lots of stuff. those few artists i listed here have just impressed me enough to influence me.
it's sort of annoying/disgusting that i refer to a LAST.FM GENRE myself but i do it for the sake of practicality (i mean man it's mostly INDIE FOLK in that list and i kind of dislike that kind of stuff. i have a rant about that but maybe some other time!)
or the real reason is that once again i'm dismissive of my own taste, thus "heh.......  see? my music taste, it's all in one genre. can't take seriously..."

on the other hand, if you mean Shepperd then i'm not sure how much he listens to other bands but my guess is that he likes this certain musical rhetorics/esthetics those band share in a way or another. SOUND i suppose. maybe he listens to other similiar bands, it's hard to tell from a list of five!

I didn't refer to you or shepperd but there are a lot of people who listen to the same band with different names and think their musical taste is varied and I think you won't get enough aural vitamins doing that
Play Raimond Ex (if you haven't already)

I'll not TAKE ANYTHING you write like this seriously because it looks dumb
  • Fuckin' A.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
hey bro do you need the coastguard

your boat don't hold water
  • Lichens!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
yeah, me too
  • Anti-Social Gamer
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
why are you guys being dicks anyway allen likes jazz and opera too
  • 2_HOT_4_U
too hard to list TOP 5 OF ALL TIME... currently though:

the mars volta - loved this band since tremulant. haven't been disappointed by any of their albums. maybe i'm just a fanboy....
scale the summit - instrumental prog metal.
lightning bolt - earthly delights leaked recently. it's good.
the samuel jackson five - i don't listen to much post-rock but these guys are pretty good.
omar rodriguez lopez - old money and a manual dexterity are great

also shep i think you might enjoy Zombi, they're a SPACE ROCK duo.
  • I am what you want to be
  • PipPipPipPipPip
This is an interesting topic. People should upload 5 songs their favourite bands as well though cause some of these don't have anything on youtube and I don't have spotify to check them out (yes, it's a hint to you to give me an invite >_>).

I have a pretty weird taste that changes drastically (I mean.. I listen to black metal exclusively during winter haha) depending on my mood but here's some bands I've been listening to frequently recently.

Cloroform - Check out Kaada if you like Mike Patton. This guy is a musical genious and even though his music's pretty hard to listen to, he's been a real inspiration to me lately (and I'm pretty awesome sooo...).
SoaD - Been listening to all of their albums recently. Simple, effective and brings alot of adrenaline.
BringTheWarHome - Probably my favourite singer right now (Peter Dolving, angry singer in a metal band named The Haunted that knows how to sing country, pop and other shit as well).
Duke Special - Kinda unmanly music, but I love this dude and he's my hero >_>
RHCP - Funky roadtripping music that makes me think of travelling and not care about anything else. I like their newer stuff more than the old ones though.
  • MUSULMAEN
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
church thx for recommend.

so bonehead because you say so, I'll link 5 youtubes

1) Animal Collective - Fireworks

2) Panda Bear - Bros

3) Flaming Lips - Silver Trembling Hands

4) John Frusciante - The First Season

5) Yo La Tengo - A Worrying Thing

• Resident Lurker
  • PipPip
the appleseed cast
mogwai
the shins
modest mouse
caspian
this will destroy you
what's updog?
  • Resident Lurker
  • PipPip
minus the bear
circa survive
thrice
brand new
saosin
the fall of troy
chiodos???

SWEET!
what's updog?
  • if i had ur face for an ass id b ashamed to shit
  • PipPipPipPip
As of September ,05, 2009 :

1. Mr Bungle

2. Yumi Kawaruma

3.That guy who does the songs for Dragon Quest

4. I like um... My chemical romance.. wat plz dont kill me!! :(

5.Miley Cryus (she was number 1 until she did that little pole dance thus instantly turning her into a cheap attention whore.. no Miley no! pole dancing is a nono!)
  • Pip
You all know who I am

Cardiacs
http://www.myspace.com/cardiacs
Been my favorite band for a while now.  I don't really know why I like them because they really suck and I thought so when I first listened, but somehow I really love them.

Hermit Thrushes
http://www.myspace.com/hermitthrushes
I just got into this band cause they played a show at a local DIY venue and they fucking awesome.  They performed naked which was a bit weird to be honest, but the music is great.  Great experimental pop-rock.

Sleepytime Gorilla Museum
http://www.myspace.com/sleepytimegorillamuseum
Metal is usually a really shitty genre, thankful SGM isn't really metal.

Girl Band
http://www.myspace.com/girlbandsb
They're probably not that interesting, but they're my favorite and they sing some pretty cool vocal harmonies hella loud.

I can't really think of a 5th band but somebands that I would like to put here: Mew, My Bloody Valentine, Snowman, Liars, System of a Down, http://www.myspace.com/togetherpangea, http://www.myspace.com/margypepper, http://www.myspace.com/kitchentheband
Last Edit: September 07, 2009, 07:11:09 am by last life
  • I'm listening.
  • PipPipPipPip
4. I like um... My chemical romance.. wat plz dont kill me!! :(

5.Miley Cryus (she was number 1 until she did that little pole dance thus instantly turning her into a cheap attention whore.. no Miley no! pole dancing is a nono!)
Same, I agree. I'm a closeted My Chemical Romance fan, and stuff. Let me get my scene shoes so I can prove it. XxXxXxXx... ouch, that fucking hurt. (But I enjoy pain even though I don't really get into hot and sexy BDSM because I just prefer miserable pain)

Miley Cyrus is so dam phYne, I AgReE! She rox out better than lead seplynn && da beetols. I dant kar3 eph shee did dat pol dans.

\m/NWOBHM lives on\m/

Хорошая работа для для того чтобы потерять ваше время путем перенести этот никудышный блок текста в английском.