Nintendo XBOX360- not ring of death (Read 655 times)

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Member
Hi.
I came home tonight to play some TF2 on my xbox but when I turn it on, all I get is a black screen with a pattern of white dots all over it. It's not snow like on a tv but far fewer dots.
I have tried: checking the tv, plugging into other inputs, restarting xbox, taking out hardrive/cd, etc...

I have been through the entire xbox site trying to find help but the most I've found are threads started by people who have the same problem but are only given the same stupid answers. The light ring on my xbox is fine and in perfect condition, and nothing the xbox site has told has done anything.

ATM i'm not sure if it's the xbox or the av cable but i got my xbox used at gamestop so no warranty and I don't think I can send it in, and I'd sure like to not buy a new one!

If anyone has had this problem or knows how to fix it, please let me know as soon as possible!
  • TV people want to leave
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Premium Member
i got my xbox used at gamestop so no warranty

how long ago did you get it?  i got my ps2 used at gamestop and i had i think a year to bring it back in if it stopped working
I love this hobby - stealing your mother's diary
BRRING! BRRING!
Hello!  It's me, Vellfire!  FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER! ... Bye!  CLICK!  @gidgetnomates
  • The Lunatic Is On The Grass.
  • PipPipPipPipPip
Yeah, most places you buy it from give you a year, so you should look into that...
  • Comrade!
  • Pip
Try to register the console on this site: http://support.xbox.com/support/en/us/nxe/LiveIDSignIn.aspx?redirectUrl=http://support.xbox.com/support/en/us/nxe/registerdevice.aspx?step=register

If it works (the previous owner hasn't tried register it), you'll see how much warranty you have left. I bought my console used on ebay and I still had some warranty left, so I'd try it if I were you.
  • MURRY CRITSMATS
  • PipPipPipPipPip
WHY DO THEY CALL IT THE 360???

BECAUSE YOU TURN 360 DEGREES AND WALK AWAY

R.I.P Steel
  • tom cruise
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Go back to /v/

• Firbolg Warrior
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
Try to register the console on this site: http://support.xbox.com/support/en/us/nxe/LiveIDSignIn.aspx?redirectUrl=http://support.xbox.com/support/en/us/nxe/registerdevice.aspx?step=register

If it works (the previous owner hasn't tried register it), you'll see how much warranty you have left. I bought my console used on ebay and I still had some warranty left, so I'd try it if I were you.

Definitely try this first.  I've been looking at a few different forums and some other people have had the same issue you described.  It's an internal hardware issue, so you'll end up needing to send it in for repairs.

If you do send it in for repairs, do it over the internet.  Calling them adds an extra $20 to the charge to fix it.
Gaming World Mini City: Population, Industry, Transportation, Security Current rank 3950.
Click a different link each day.
  • orly?
  • PipPipPip

that math doesn't work at all.
Last Edit: September 08, 2009, 07:46:50 pm by #1 Vodka fan
  • TV people want to leave
ahaha I just realized that myself, gr8 job math professor
I love this hobby - stealing your mother's diary
BRRING! BRRING!
Hello!  It's me, Vellfire!  FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER! ... Bye!  CLICK!  @gidgetnomates
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
Thanks for all the help guys.

I did try to register it, and turns out the warranty expired in 2007 so iirc that means it was a launch xbox??? That's a pretty long lifespan so I'm not too disappointed. I ended up going and getting an arcade xbox for 200 bones and kept my memory and shit. Sucks but whatever.

Thanks for all the help really.
  • Fuckin' A.
walkin' backwards for christmas
  • MURRY CRITSMATS
  • PipPipPipPipPip

NO U

R.I.P Steel