Art - WIP Hello I need a med student/real life doctor (Read 240 times)

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Member
I am in early stages of a doctor game, havent decided whether to use XP or AGS, but I have little medical knowledge and am looking for periodic consult over the duration of the game's creation.

I'm not aware of anyone here that is a med student/doctor so I thought I would ask before I charge headfirst into a project of topic I know nothing about.

So, are you a med student?
  • Who's the boss? Not you, bitch.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Premium Member
Mateui might be a good guy to talk to since he's studying to be a pharmacist. He's the only guy I can think of off the top of my head!
Barkley, Shut Up and Jam: Gaiden
  • "When you're bound by your own convictions, a discipline can be your addiction."
  • PipPipPipPipPip
Supposedly there are websites that have medical info/jargon as a resource for medical show fan-fiction. I'm not sure how reliable that would be. You might audit some classes at a local college - not necessarily graduate level or pre-med stuff, but even some of the first stage cources like Anatomy&Physiology and Biochem.
Vagrancy - Be careful who you wake up in a twenty four hour parking lot.

His name was Not Johnny -  A young man becomes a sort of superhero after a crippling injury. He
  • aye ess dee eff el cay jay ache
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
ahaha do it anyway man, your players probably won't know either and it'll be hella funny for those that know where the liver really is
I USE Q'S INSTEQD OF Q'S
  • It's Me, Picasso
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
If it's anatomy you need, go to the library and check out a copy of Gray's Anatomy.\
Honestly, though, I'd suggest thinking twice about making a medical game unless you know what you're doing. I mean, not every game can be "Caduceus"/ "Trauma Center," and it would be embarrassing to have your game nitpicked over. Definitely do some research.
   If you still want to  have a "Medical' game but aren't; certain you can get the science right you might consider a fantasy or pseudoscientific route, such as having the doctor using- magic or weird tech, which doesn't necessarily have to  know where things are- or use acupuncture meridians, which "Connect to" areas of the body but don't necessarily lie on them. 
Last Edit: September 23, 2009, 09:31:25 am by Terrus4
Everyone has the right to be himself; wise men know how to,when, and whether to navigate the boundary between their rights and those of others when they collide.
  • Meh.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
Mateui might be a good guy to talk to since he's studying to be a pharmacist. He's the only guy I can think of off the top of my head!

Scrubs: Where do I make the incision doctor?
E.R.: I don't know. But I know what kind of pills he should take.
Intern: E.R. Mateui's out of town this week!
E.R.: ...
E.R.: Get me Dr. Martini, stat!
Scrubs: "​"
m
ohap
  • Homer >> (_8(l)
  • PipPipPipPip
I'm applying to med school right now, so I am a PRE-MED master if that would help!

-Official Progress + REVAMP II Release Thread-
http://www.gamingw.net/forums/index.php?topic=72013.msg1316278#msg1316278
-Mirror 1-
http://dmatter.org/demos/the%20legend%20of%20the%20philosophers%20stone.rar
  • Sadistic Magician
I wish my doctor used rpg maker