News roman polanski arrested (Read 3832 times)

• TV people want to leave
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Premium Member
None of you people really give a fuck about whether Roman Polanski gets jailed or not or you would have argued for his imprisonment before this. The only people who actually care are people who don't want to see him imprisoned.

just saw this, this really is the dumbest argument, sorry that nobody was making topics about this every day for the last thirty years
I love this hobby - stealing your mother's diary
BRRING! BRRING!
Hello!  It's me, Vellfire!  FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER! ... Bye!  CLICK!  @gidgetnomates
  • The man in the woods.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
Does it count if I listed Roman Polanski's appearance as one of the reasons why I disliked Rush Hour 3?
  • Who's the boss? Not you, bitch.
you have the worst logic ever man
you don't actually care about this.
Barkley, Shut Up and Jam: Gaiden
  • now das fresh
  • Group: Member
im going on record to say i dont care about any of it. i didnt care 30 years ago and i dont care today.
yes coulombs are "germaine", did you learn that word at talk like a dick school?
  • What, me worry?
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
I care and I always cared.
  • junker
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
we know you do

but yeah, I don't see the purpose in having him jailed, or even put to court

The victim herself doesn't want to press charges anymore

so why?
  • Star ninja and Québec random guy of GW
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
http://community.livejournal.com/ohnotheydidnt/39618660.html#cutid1

Pretty much every good filmmaker is supporting Roman Polanski man. Who're you going to trust, GW kids?

I love Woody Allen but it's pretty funny that he is on that list since, you know....  :naughty:
  • TV people want to leave
The victim herself doesn't want to press charges anymore

so why?

just because the victim doesn't care doesn't mean he didn't do it

he did it, then he evaded the law for 30 years, i would consider that grounds to take legal action
I love this hobby - stealing your mother's diary
BRRING! BRRING!
Hello!  It's me, Vellfire!  FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER! ... Bye!  CLICK!  @gidgetnomates
  • None of them knew they were robots.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
That's what taxpayer's money is for
Play Raimond Ex (if you haven't already)

I'll not TAKE ANYTHING you write like this seriously because it looks dumb
  • thx ds k?
you don't actually care about this.

what does this even mean? it makes no sense. do i have to have a personal stake in every issue i have an opinion on?
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
The whole problem with this is that they are defending him because he's an INFLUENTIAL FILMMAKER. It shouldn't matter AT ALL who you are unless you are Gandhi or Mother Theresa or something who has given their lives to directly bettering the lives of others. Sorry, but making good movies (or excellent movies or whatever) isn't helping starving kids not die or religious wars from happening. Therefore, it doesn't count against "hey you raped someone and fled the country and have been a fugitive for 30+ years".

He shouldn't above the law because he did something else people respect. He shouldn't be above the law because he's kind of old. He shouldn't be above the law, period, which is what you guys are arguing for, however you want to put it.
The Misadventures of Crimebot
  • What, me worry?
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
The whole problem with this is that they are defending him because he's an INFLUENTIAL FILMMAKER. It shouldn't matter AT ALL who you are unless you are Gandhi or Mother Theresa or something who has given their lives to directly bettering the lives of others. Sorry, but making good movies (or excellent movies or whatever) isn't helping starving kids not die or religious wars from happening. Therefore, it doesn't count against "hey you raped someone and fled the country and have been a fugitive for 30+ years".

He shouldn't above the law because he did something else people respect. He shouldn't be above the law because he's kind of old. He shouldn't be above the law, period, which is what you guys are arguing for, however you want to put it.
That plus the LA judicial system is corrupt, the victim has forgiven him, his family has forgiven him, everyone just wants to move on man.

Art is forever, stories are engraved into the universe. Everything is a story and Polanski has taken advantage of that and despite the fact that hen is not directly helping people, or trying to get rid of AIDS in the world, he is creating a film, a story, something that will live on in our world forever.

Also I like your casual use of "movie" instead of "film" talking like film isn't a legitimate art form.
If he should be allowed to walk away then why shouldn't Richard Goldberg do the same thing?

• What, me worry?
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
If he should be allowed to walk away then why shouldn't Richard Goldberg do the same thing?
That is a horrible comparison.
I know I just want to read what you people might come up with

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
That plus the LA judicial system is corrupt, the victim has forgiven him, his family has forgiven him, everyone just wants to move on man.

Art is forever, stories are engraved into the universe. Everything is a story and Polanski has taken advantage of that and despite the fact that hen is not directly helping people, or trying to get rid of AIDS in the world, he is creating a film, a story, something that will live on in our world forever.

Also I like your casual use of "movie" instead of "film" talking like film isn't a legitimate art form.

You are stupid. This isn't an argument about "FILM VS MOVIE". I don't care about that shit! FINE HE MAKES GLORIOUS FILMS. What does this have to do with films being an artform? HE RAPED SOMEONE.

Oh, but the LA judicial system is corrupt because it convicted him of raping a 13 year old who he clearly raped? Good Christ.

Seriously, I didn't understand why so many people made fun of you until you said this:

Quote from: Psyburn

... as it's one of the dumbest points I have ever heard entered into a discussion.
Maybe not the dumbest, but dumb enough.

edit: ugh man you've won this argument by saying something so stupid that I refuse to continue
Last Edit: September 30, 2009, 04:57:42 am by Kaempfer
The Misadventures of Crimebot
  • HEEEEERRRREEE'S JOHNNY!!
You don't really care that much about this.   :fogetrolleyes:
Last Edit: September 30, 2009, 05:11:03 am by Strangeluv
Me and Tom Under the Boardwalk ... there is so much fun to have under the boardwalk
  • gnilleps
  • PipPipPipPip
think about how many old guys that raped a young girl 30 years ago and haven't been caught are running around.

who really cares?
  • Avatar of `~congresman Ron paul~~
  • Legio Morbidius
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
think about how many old guys that raped a young girl 30 years ago and haven't been caught are running around.

who really cares?

um well hey if we knew who they were i bet the police would.

That’s right, you have the young gaming with the old(er), white people gaming with black people, men and women, Asian countries gaming with the EU, North Americans gaming with South Americans. Much like world sporting events like the Wolrd Cup, or the Olympics will bring together different nations in friendly competition, (note the recent Asian Cup; Iraq vs. Saudi Arabia, no violence there) we come together. The differences being, we are not divided by our nationalities and we do it 24-7, and on a personal level.

We are a community without borders and without colours, the spirit and diversity of the gaming community is one that should be looked up to, a spirit and diversity other groups should strive toward.
  • Worthless Protoplasm
who gives a shit any retard can make a movie

now if he made some post-rock or something I'd let him get away with anything

or if he made really good QUILTS like if you make a really fucking good quilt that exempts you from crime

Edit: Like I do think he should get away with it but we have to extend this to all art forms to be fair like growing VERY LARGE PUMPKINS should that count??  Like if you win at the world pumpkin competition and you touch many people's lives through pumpkins you can like murder a couple of dudes it's ok
Last Edit: September 30, 2009, 07:09:22 am by Ragnar
http://djsaint-hubert.bandcamp.com/