Question Anyone else have a Super Smart Joy(Snes controller to USB adapter) or something similar? (Read 1764 times)

• Descendant of Pirates!
  • Group: Member
They are so cool.

Just plug a super Nintendo controller into the adapter , and then plug the usb adapter into the computer , and you have yourself a snes gamepad for pc.
And if you really want to see something cool , then download JoyToKey Ver3.7.4 . With Joytokey , you can use any joystick/pad as a keyboard or a mouse.
If you are playing WOW , hotkey WASD to your snes controller . I tried it , and I added a few buttons , like "B" for Jump.
Sometimes , I like to use my snes controller as an mp3 player , with programs like winamp.
My mouse broke because my friend sat on it , so I had to use my snes controller as a mouse.

You can even use your snes controller with rm2k(3) games.
Or you can load up a rom on your favorite super nintendo emulator , and you can go back in time.

Does anyone else have super smart joy?
What would/do you use it for?

I am sick with a bad cold.
Benylin is the grossest medicine on Earth.
  • tom cruise
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
Why would you ever play WoW with a gamepad. And why would you use it to control winamp. You confuse me.

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
103 posts for a bot?

this has gone on long enough!
  • TV people want to leave
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Premium Member
103 posts for a bot?

this has gone on long enough!

get out of here alexross7 is all man, baby, he is gw's best poster so don't you dare scare him off

i played WoW with a wiimote once, would have actually been cool if i could have mapped the keys myself (unfortunately the software at the time wouldn't let you, idk it might now)
I love this hobby - stealing your mother's diary
BRRING! BRRING!
Hello!  It's me, Vellfire!  FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER! ... Bye!  CLICK!  @gidgetnomates
  • Watch out Kitty! The room turned sideways!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
how big is your friend or how crap was your mouse for it to break when they sat on it?
  • Watch out Kitty! The room turned sideways!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
also i don't have one of those because the price of it doesn't seem worth having a snes controller in my computer. i do have one of the ones that has gamecube, playstation, and xbox controller inputs and a couple of usb poorts but i don't really use it since i have a 360 controller i can use.
i've always wanted one of those for sega saturn controllers just because i found a fighting stick for the saturn and bought it for $2 even though i don't have a saturn (with plans to eventually get one of these adapters)

the only problem is that they're ass to find because SATURN not many people are looking for that kind of adapter, but i think there are some out there
BRRING! BRRING!
Hello!  It's me, Vellfire!  FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER! ... Bye!  CLICK!  @gidgetnomates
  • Cold-Souled Sovereign of the Night Blades
  • PipPipPipPip
I need to get my hands on a PSX to USB adapter so that I can use my PSX controllers for use in the RPG Maker 2K3. I've tried using a regular computer controller, but the controls are just weird and since it's a stick instead of a D-Pad, I start moving left or right if I don't carefully let up on moving up.
  • junker
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
PC controllers have dpads, what the hell are you talking about?
Well on the PSX the dpad is more like buttons, whereas a lot of PC dpads have a wider pivot range (so it's really easy to accidentally go in two directions instead of just up down left right)

So it HAS a dpad, it's just not the same kind of dpad.
BRRING! BRRING!
  • junker
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
who are you kidding

sure they're pivotal but I have never seen a dpad, other than the 360 one, making it hard to stick to one direction.

you guys have fucked up fingers

EDIT: maybe some more recent pc controllers have 360-ish dpads, but the GOOD pc controller brand (Saitek) doesn't
 :welp:
I have a $20 logitech one and after playing mame roms with it i can safely say it is sometimes hard to not hit up and left/right at the same time

However, if this was a concern to you you wouldn't buy this gamepad in the first place, and could probably buy a nicer one for the price of one of those adapters plus a psx controller.
BRRING! BRRING!
  • MURRY CRITSMATS
  • PipPipPipPipPip
I got one that looks like a snes controller same control and shit (well substitute select and pause with L2 R2) but I hardly ever really use it. I think it worked great for Cave Story though. For SNES emulators, I find that using WASD for movement and the arrow keys as the buttons works even better than a controller.

R.I.P Steel
i want to buy one of those usb famicom controllers that has extra buttons (but otherwise looks and feels like famicom)

idk why i just really like the feel of that controller for games that don't need a joystick
BRRING! BRRING!
  • junker
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
I've been using a saitek for a long while and I found the dpad worked really well. It's a cyborg-something, but yeah, the dpad was sturdy enough and accurate enough to not go wrong directions (especially when playing fighters, which I mostly used it for: pulling off moves and whatnot when your dpad goes places *cough*360*cough* is hell)

But since then I've gotten a 360 controller since I've moved to more recent games, but if I need a good dpad I always plug my old saitek (which surprisingly, compared to all my older controllers, isn't broken at all). I only had the fact it doesn't have as many buttons/shoulders as the 360 controller

But I wanted to try the new Saitek that came out a while ago that is shaped like a 360 controller with as many buttons, BUT you can switch the dpad and left analog stick to make it shaped like a PS3 controller

It looked amazing, but I opted for the 360 controller... :(
  • now that's what I'm talking about
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
i've been thinking about it thanks to all the snes roms VC games I have on my wii
fuck it all, dd is dead
  • I'm listening.
  • PipPipPipPip
i wish i did. i still have my good ol' snes, which i still play to this day. best console ever, and i bet it would be fun to use them on rm2k games.. that's the shit right there.

\m/NWOBHM lives on\m/

Хорошая работа для для того чтобы потерять ваше время путем перенести этот никудышный блок текста в английском.
i wish i did. i still have my good ol' snes, which i still play to this day.

why do you say this like it's so special
BRRING! BRRING!
  • I'm listening.
  • PipPipPipPip
because it still is to me

\m/NWOBHM lives on\m/

Хорошая работа для для того чтобы потерять ваше время путем перенести этот никудышный блок текста в английском.
i didn't mean the snes wasn't special i meant a lot of people play their snes still it's not just you
BRRING! BRRING!