Topic: Missing link disproven (Read 2638 times)

• TV people want to leave
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Premium Member
He's not a troll.  He's a champ.

"I want to put together a completely designed game that has no critiques ." ~alexross7
I love this hobby - stealing your mother's diary
BRRING! BRRING!
Hello!  It's me, Vellfire!  FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER! ... Bye!  CLICK!  @gidgetnomates
  • Cold-Souled Sovereign of the Night Blades
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Member
What I keep seeing in this debate is an assumption that feeds the flame. I've seen, from both sides, a feeling of "I believe what I've read. You harbor a different ideal and are completely ignorant, blinded by hatred for the other side, therefore you're stupid."...

Honestly, just let one another believe whatever the hell they want to believe and, since you'll never be able to sway someone who's up to their neck "in the ground", move on to another discussion. Don't believe that you know the truth about anything, always question, as perhaps there's more to it than what's already been said.
Last Edit: October 04, 2009, 09:46:19 pm by Corfaisus
  • i am a swordsman
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
ldskfaslkfaskfhalk what does belief have to do with accepting scientific facts
  • I'm listening.
  • PipPipPipPip
fatty, just admit it, that you've lost.

alexross7 just proved to you that creationism is true, not some random explosion out of nowhere for no apparent reason. i mean, you can't have a chipset or rm2k game without a creator, right? they don't just poof from out of nowhere all of a sudden, so yeah creationism makes more sense.

WHERE'S YOUR BIG BANG NOW???
Last Edit: October 04, 2009, 10:38:59 pm by Allen Hunter

\m/NWOBHM lives on\m/

Хорошая работа для для того чтобы потерять ваше время путем перенести этот никудышный блок текста в английском.
  • None of them knew they were robots.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
It's always nice to see people questioning scientific dogmata
Play Raimond Ex (if you haven't already)

I'll not TAKE ANYTHING you write like this seriously because it looks dumb
  • MUSULMAEN
It's always nice to see people questioning scientific dogmata
its also nice to see them question and lose at their arguments
  • I fear nothing as Tomal... I am Tomal, I am also John
  • PipPipPipPip
huzzah huzzah.  how did i know this would happen with a topic like this?
IF IT WEREN'T FOR YOU I WOULD SPEND SATURDAY NIGHT ON AUTOFELLATE
  • None of them knew they were robots.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
huzzah huzzah.  how did i know this would happen with a topic like this?

Determinism was right all that time.......
Play Raimond Ex (if you haven't already)

I'll not TAKE ANYTHING you write like this seriously because it looks dumb
  • MUSULMAEN
Fundamentalism
  • Cold-Souled Sovereign of the Night Blades
  • PipPipPipPip
fatty, just admit it, that you've lost.

alexross7 just proved to you that creationism is true, not some random explosion out of nowhere for no apparent reason. i mean, you can't have a chipset or rm2k game without a creator, right? they don't just poof from out of nowhere all of a sudden, so yeah creationism makes more sense.

WHERE'S YOUR BIG BANG NOW???

I sort of figure "why not combine the two?" I mean, let's just say that God made the singularity that expanded to become what we know as the universe, and the Big Bang is the definition of the action that took place afterward.
Last Edit: October 04, 2009, 11:36:01 pm by Corfaisus
  • I'm listening.
  • PipPipPipPip
Fundamentalism
im sorry did those mean ol' unintelligent, bigoted, judgmental, and st00pid christians aka fundamentalists pick on you again??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????///////slashslashslashslash

\m/NWOBHM lives on\m/

Хорошая работа для для того чтобы потерять ваше время путем перенести этот никудышный блок текста в английском.
  • MUSULMAEN
im sorry did those mean ol' unintelligent, bigoted, judgmental, and st00pid christians aka fundamentalists pick on you again??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????///////slashslashslashslash
hahaha wow i cant believe i found this amusing
  • Descendant of Pirates!
just read this

Scientist made experiments
Abiogenesis has been proven to happen
where is your god now?

besides it makes total sense to me. We are made of millions of non-living chemicals. It's in its complexity that we make the classification jump from non-living to living. A classification WE came up with, not some mysterious master of the universe who is very intriguing.

There are billions of parts of the cell that allows it to function. If you were to remove 1 of the vital parts , the cell would either die or become cancerous.
That is to say , if you you were to design a cell (or even a simple one) , it would require the same chance that it takes for a game boy advance to build itself , or even a higher chance.

Nothing can be accurately one hundred percent be said about about such a thing but I'd rather trust people that have invested years of research and actual work on what they have to say than some guy looking up facts at Kent Hovind's site. Not to mention that while evolution does indeed work through the process of natural selection, the "selection" part only makes sense because the diversity is also cause by random mutation cause by a number of factors such as radiation, heat, diet, etcetera etcetera.

I didn't get my facts from Kent Hovind's site.
I don't even know who Kent Hovind is.
There was a creation website , so I just happened to use their picture , while also looking up the facts behind it , on Google.

Secondly , how can you trust people who always say these great things , but never prove them?
I mean , no one has ever put a bunch of chemicals into a big tank and ever successfully grown life from non-living materials.

If something can't be done , I am sure that it should give the people some opportunity to be skeptical.
In the same way , if I don't see a human like ape or life being created in a lab , then It's safe to assume that evolution from common ancestor never happened.

Sure, but there are contradictions with other modern theories, such as gravity, the earth not being flat, etcetera that go against the religious scriptures that are the basis of all belief in said religion, be it Christianity, Islam, etcetera. We should not be arguing religion, my bad for bringing this up because I'm such an atheist.
Not at all.  There have been people in the Christian Holy bible that stated something we regard as a scientific fact , such as the Earth being supported by nothing , or the Earth being spherical , or even that washing your hands in running water is better than washing in a lake full of people because of the diseases that people could get.

What are you talking about? Did you get my argument at all? I was merely saying that humans, just like chimpanzees and gorillas, are great apes. I did not suggest any other genetic or anatomic relation beyond that but you seem to think that I said "Humans are apes, chimps are apes, therefore humans are chimps", which would not surprise me because I'd expect that sort of reasoning at this point of conversation.

Humans, anatomically speaking, ARE apes. Great apes even. It's all about the way our skeleton is arranged, being an ape doesn't necessarily mean that you have to fling poo around, but I guess that would be convenient for you, woudn't it?

Of course you didn't make any other genetic or anatomic relation beyond that. [Sarcasm]

You know, I could just point to a picture of a bunch of hominid and ape skeletons lined up in similar positions and counter your argument of IS THIS A BANANA OR IS THIS A PINEAPPLE with another stupid ODD ONE OUT picture.

Go on google (Like I did) and type in "Human skeleton". And in a seperate window , type in "Ape skeleton".
I guarantee you that the most you will ever find , is a fictional sketch of a human skeleton bending over with longer jaw , and an ape with a bigger cranium and walking upright.

Nothing did not evolve into something, stop trying to confuse abiogenesis with evolution! Abiogenesis is the process of something non-living turning into something living, for example, think of this scenario: A bunch of really complex molecules start to form near the edges of a boiling hot volcano in the bottom of the ocean in a completely life-devoid planet. These molecules start becoming more and more complex by forming more and more chemical reactions. They finally reach a point in which that said molecule can replicate itself by taking advantage of other molecules around it only to dissolve them in order to rearrange their atoms into forming a copy, or copies of itself thus becoming something that can be considered by some people living. That is just one possible scenario.
So tell me , where did the universe come from?
I have been asking the same question for 2 years , but no answer.

Abiogenesis isn't a process . It is an historical account of biology opposing the belief in Genesis , hence "A"(Anti) "Bio"(Biological) "Genesis"(The historical account of creation.
What your thinking is Evolution of non-living materials into Life , which goes against the whole idea of "Survival of the fittest" , because any farmer can tell you that dirt doesn't try to survive.

What.
There are a lot of shakes moving the earth. shakes make big boom and splash.  shakes make things break. if there are lost of shakes in ground rocks and bones will break into very many pieces.  Understand?

What? So you mean, a carnivore would somehow carry a Homo Erectus all the way from africa to eastern asia just to have lunch? That's one badass carnivore you got there.
My dog died , birds carried the bones to various locations , and it left a complete mess all over the place.
By trying to put the bones back together , you wouldn't know how to put them back together unless you had a picture of a dog's anatomy.
And if you didn't know what you were doing , you could have accidentally placed the bones in such a manner , that scientists would have thought it was a new species of dog.

Also, I hate people that mistake "you're" with "your" because, did I mention it, I am also a grammar nazi
I like to spell it that way , because it's easier.
"Your stupid" is like saying "you're stupid" , because they sound the same.
Don't dont you're your , it's all the same when pronounced.

I am willing to accept the slight chance that you might just be an ignorant uneducated fool and not somebody with severe mental ilness because the latter would make me feel bad for even having this argument with you.
Ok yes , I feel bad for you too and your loss.

I am president of the alexross7 fanclub I'll have you know.
LOL?
Im a fan to my fans.
Last Edit: October 05, 2009, 05:03:53 am by alexross7
I am sick with a bad cold.
Benylin is the grossest medicine on Earth.
  • i am a swordsman
STOP
DEFLECTING
WITH UNRELATED QUESTIONS AGH

Also please stop typing
like this it is very
annoying
  • It's A Short Eternity... live with it
You guys really shouldn't bother arguing with this guy. He/she obviously lacks basic understanding of geology, biology, anatomy, archaeology, and chemistry. You are wasting your time arguing. If this topic doesn't turn around in the next 24 hours, I will probably lock it because no productive conversation will come of it if it continues this way.
  • god damn it man-o-war god damn it
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
I mean , no one has ever put a bunch of chemicals into a big tank and ever successfully grown life from non-living materials.
yes we have, I thought? we set up what we believe to be pre-lifes earths conditions in a little box or something and simple virus-like life forms formed within it, didnt that happen?

am i crazy?
don't mind me, just postin' after a few brewskies
somebody’s Barkley --- could be another’s Monopolo.
  • i am a swordsman
There are billions of parts of the cell that allows it to function. If you were to remove 1 of the vital parts , the cell would either die or become cancerous.
That is to say , if you you were to design a cell (or even a simple one) , it would require the same chance that it takes for a game boy advance to build itself , or even a higher chance.

Fantastic that you would know about these sort of things, eh? Too bad that everything you just said is half-assed and speculative, and you are a dumb dumb dumb creationist douchebag.

I didn't get my facts from Kent Hovind's site.
Yes you did!
I don't even know who Kent Hovind is.
Okay, I am going to go ahead and believe you on this one but still, congratulations on failing to present a proper argument and backing it up with OH SORRY I DIDN'T KNOW WHO THIS GUY IS
There was a creation website , so I just happened to use their picture , while also looking up the facts behind it , on Google.
There was this power rangers fansite, you see, and I decided to disagree with paleontologists about dinosaurs because, well, the power rangers had mecha dinosaurs and a mecha godzilla in the first season

Secondly , how can you trust people who always say these great things , but never prove them?
Away your hands from your eyes and/or ears and stop shouting LALALALALALA whenever a scientist gives you sufficient evidence/somebody else points you to said evidence!
..NO. No. You are stupid. You really really don't get how this works at all. Putting a bunch of chemicals in a tank and observing it as it grows from non-living to living material, are you flipping mental? Are you shitting me?

If something can't be done , I am sure that it should give the people some opportunity to be skeptical.
Fantastic argument by the way.
In the same way , if I don't see a human like ape or life being created in a lab , then It's safe to assume that evolution from common ancestor never happened.
So let me get this straight, you are willing to accept the theory of evolution ONLY if thousands of chimpanzees get tortured just because someone doesn't understand what common ancestor means? Here's an analogy that might help you grasp the concept: We did not evolve from chimps, rather, chimps and humans have a COMMON ANCESTOR. That common ancestor went down many paths, two of which, that still survive today, is the human branch and the chimp branch. So think of it as such, if instead of a large scale of millions of years we were talking about just three generations of births in a human family, let's say that I am Human Stevenson and you are Chimp Stevenson, we have the same grandpa, but that doesn't mean that I am descended from you or the other way round. This is a stupid analogy and I feel like I must be stupid in order to get what you don't understand about the theory.

Not at all.  There have been people in the Christian Holy bible that stated something we regard as a scientific fact , such as the Earth being supported by nothing , or the Earth being spherical , or even that washing your hands in running water is better than washing in a lake full of people because of the diseases that people could get.
Yes, although the earth being supported by nothing points to it being flat and not washing your hands in a lake full of people because you'd catch disease has been a known fact ever since civilizations, albeit not because they knew of MICROBES OH MY, they just saw HMM WHEN I WASH MY HANDS IN A POOL OF PEOPLE AND I SEE A BUNCH OF TURDS FLOATING ABOUT AND THE WATER KIND OF SMELLS AND SALLY-OH IS SORT OF SUBMERGED FOR QUITE SOME TIME HMM MAYBE I SHOULD NOT PUT MY HANDS IN THIS WEIRD BROWN LIQUID?

Of course you didn't make any other genetic or anatomic relation beyond that. [Sarcasm]
What other genetic or anatomic relation closer than that could there be? Where exactly is the sarcasm here other than the open sarcasm tag in the end, which you thoughtfully did not fill up or close</sarcasm>(because I'm such a treat)

Go on google (Like I did) and type in "Human skeleton". And in a seperate window , type in "Ape skeleton".
I guarantee you that the most you will ever find , is a fictional sketch of a human skeleton bending over with longer jaw , and an ape with a bigger cranium and walking upright.

Bullshit. You don't know what you are talking about. Ape skeleton? What species of ape? Hell, hylobates(gibbons) have a skeleton that looks WAY too similar to our own yet they are our least closely related of the four major ape genera. A chimpanzee skeleton, a gorilla skeleton, these could be great search terms but no, you just want to go with "ape" because you don't believe in the taxonomy of species and categorize them by how hairy their pubes are and how snotty their noses are.
So tell me , where did the universe come from?
I have been asking the same question for 2 years , but no answer.

What does cosmology have to do with evolution? Why do you always do that? Why are you so stupid? We don't know where the bloody universe came about, the scientists are trying to figure it out, but oh well, might as well believe it just popped into existance because somebody wished it to be so, right? Fuck you.

Abiogenesis isn't a process . It is an historical account of biology opposing the belief in Genesis , hence "A"(Anti) "Bio"(Biological) "Genesis"(The historical account of creation.
What your thinking is Evolution of non-living materials into Life , which goes against the whole idea of "Survival of the fittest" , because any farmer can tell you that dirt doesn't try to survive.

I like it when people tell me what I'm thinking of. I didn't mention abiogenesis at all, yet you seem to try to explain it to me EVEN GOING AS FAR TO EXPLAIN THE WORD TO ME (hint: I am greek, I know what abiogenesis means). Once again, you are a moron who doesn't know what he's talking about.
There are a lot of shakes moving the earth. shakes make big boom and splash.  shakes make things break. if there are lost of shakes in ground rocks and bones will break into very many pieces.  Understand?
Milkshake... yummy,
My dog died , birds carried the bones to various locations , and it left a complete mess all over the place.
By trying to put the bones back together , you wouldn't know how to put them back together unless you had a picture of a dog's anatomy.
And if you didn't know what you were doing , you could have accidentally placed the bones in such a manner , that scientists would have thought it was a new species of dog.

You claim to not know Kent Hovind but you seem to be posting the exact same inane bullshit he has been praising up until he got jailed.
I like to spell it that way , because it's easier.
"Your stupid" is like saying "you're stupid" , because they sound the same.
Don't dont you're your , it's all the same when pronounced.

You lack understanding in the concept of language. Might aswell have written this post in leetspeak using numbers and random russian symbols because that'd make it easier for you too.
Ok yes , I feel bad for you too and your loss.
Screw you.

LOL?
Im a fan to my fans.

Get bent, bye.
  • Descendant of Pirates!
yes we have, I thought? we set up what we believe to be pre-lifes earths conditions in a little box or something and simple virus-like life forms formed within it, didnt that happen?

am i crazy?

Doubt it.
According to scientists , it would take millions of years for that to happen.

Fantastic that you would know about these sort of things, eh? Too bad that everything you just said is half-assed and speculative, and you are a dumb dumb dumb creationist douchebag.

I present the facts that are backed up by science.
Anything that is "Maybe" is not fact

Yes you did!
The picture probably came from Kent Hovind's site , but I found it on google.

Away your hands from your eyes and/or ears and stop shouting LALALALALALA whenever a scientist gives you sufficient evidence/somebody else points you to said evidence!
EVIDENCE , EXACTLY!  Not proof.

Evidence - a few bones on the ground, a trail of bread crumbs, biased speculation , easy to doubt  , etc.
Proof - Real , Fact , OMG it's in front of me , unbiased conclusion , etc.

What evidence is their for animals being  evolved from a common ancestor , following lifeless matter?
NONE!
Life has never been recreated in a laboratory.
No one has ever replicated a model of a transitional form , without it being an animal with a disease , a deformed animal ,  a recreation of an animal from only a few bones like a jaw or a tooth ,  an animal that was created with plaster , or a "Put together" like bird bones and reptile bones.

In fact , you can't even say that radiometric dating or c14 dating is accurate , because it has been proven that these methods of dating could lead to false info.

I don't remember how c14 works , but I think it works by measuring the amount of carbon 14 in a bone and telling whether or not the bone is old , based on the amount of c14 in the bone.

Measuring the radiation in a fossil is not 100% , because there could have been massive radiation super disasters , which caused large biodiversity , thus allowing animals to evolve over a very short time.

Even understanding geographic column is not going to make it any more true , because there have been a number of things underneath dinosaur fossils .
This is a fact , go look it up.
People find stone aged items underneath dinosaur fossils all the time.

So let me get this straight, you are willing to accept the theory of evolution ONLY if thousands of chimpanzees get tortured just because someone doesn't understand what common ancestor means? Here's an analogy that might help you grasp the concept: We did not evolve from chimps, rather, chimps and humans have a COMMON ANCESTOR. That common ancestor went down many paths, two of which, that still survive today, is the human branch and the chimp branch. So think of it as such, if instead of a large scale of millions of years we were talking about just three generations of births in a human family, let's say that I am Human Stevenson and you are Chimp Stevenson, we have the same grandpa, but that doesn't mean that I am descended from you or the other way round. This is a stupid analogy and I feel like I must be stupid in order to get what you don't understand about the theory.
What are you talking about?
I didn't say we evolved from "Chimps" or I didn't say that you believed that.
Why are we talking about chimps?

I like it when people tell me what I'm thinking of. I didn't mention abiogenesis at all, yet you seem to try to explain it to me EVEN GOING AS FAR TO EXPLAIN THE WORD TO ME (hint: I am greek, I know what abiogenesis means). Once again, you are a moron who doesn't know what he's talking about.
Well you said that abiogenesis is a process.
Is genesis a process?

Yes, although the earth being supported by nothing points to it being flat
So you believe the Earth is flat?  You just said it yourself.

Bullshit. You don't know what you are talking about. Ape skeleton? What species of ape? Hell, hylobates(gibbons) have a skeleton that looks WAY too similar to our own yet they are our least closely related of the four major ape genera. A chimpanzee skeleton, a gorilla skeleton, these could be great search terms but no, you just want to go with "ape" because you don't believe in the taxonomy of species and categorize them by how hairy their pubes are and how snotty their noses are.
I do believe in the taxonomy of species .
According to genesis , each day is an addition to the previous day.
In the first day , Earth and Heavens were created.
Second day , light and some other physics were created.

On the fifth day , Birds and fish were created.
On the sixth day , an addition to the birds and the fish were created , those who could walk on land.
I believe all animals on Earth share similarities with the birds and the fish , because each day in genesis is an addition to the previous.

Just because we share traits with other animals , doesn't mean that we share a common ancestor.
An alien could have made us from their genes , yet given us genes that were identical to Earth animals.
There are many theories .

You claim to not know Kent Hovind but you seem to be posting the exact same inane bullshit he has been praising up until he got jailed.

Kent Hovind had a 2 year old pocket puggle named "Anabelle" that died of a bad skin disease?

What does cosmology have to do with evolution? Why do you always do that? Why are you so stupid? We don't know where the bloody universe came about, the scientists are trying to figure it out, but oh well, might as well believe it just popped into existance because somebody wished it to be so, right? Fuck you.
Whats with all the hostility?
What does cosmology have to do with evolution , you say?
Nothing.
Abiogenesis has everything to do with cosmology , because people think cosmology proves abiogenesis , when cosmology can't even find out where the universe came from.

Where did the universe come from?
Did it come from nothing ?(Contradicts physics)
Did an infinite amount of energy expand into a universe randomly , when it is scientifically proven that nothing is random?

You lack understanding in the concept of language. Might aswell have written this post in leetspeak using numbers and random russian symbols because that'd make it easier for you too.
You are the one who writes a series without using commas like retards and dumbtards and fools and special people and weirdos do.

Screw you.
I would say the same , but I prefer not to insult people with hideous words.
I am sick with a bad cold.
Benylin is the grossest medicine on Earth.
  • TV people want to leave
You are the one who writes a series without using commas like retards and dumbtards and fools and special people and weirdos do.

I would say the same , but I prefer not to insult people with hideous words.

ahahahaha this just gets better every day, are we doing gw awards this year because my votes are set in stone
I love this hobby - stealing your mother's diary
BRRING! BRRING!
Hello!  It's me, Vellfire!  FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER! ... Bye!  CLICK!  @gidgetnomates
  • junker
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
So you believe the Earth is flat?  You just said it yourself.

Kent Hovind had a 2 year old pocket puggle named "Anabelle" that died of a bad skin disease?

these are my faves, when coupled with what they are the answer to