Music Hey guys I'm going on tour (Read 760 times)

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Member
Hey guys I am posting this here instead of the arts board cause I want people to read it
like the title suggests im goin on tour
around the midwest

I joined a pop/ska band back in august playing bass and they are a bit more ambitious than my other works so this tour thing is new for me
i don't know how many of you guys live in the midwest (USA) but I thought I would post it here and maybe you could help me book a show or two or come have a drink with me when i'm out

here is the list of dates from the myspace
Dec 26 2009     8:00P   Beechwood Lounge    Des Moines, Iowa
Dec 27 2009    8:00P                                   Quad Cities, Illinois
Dec 28 2009    8:00P   w/ Bandit Sound          Kansas City, Missouri
Dec 29 2009    8:00P   w/ Bandit Sound          Springfield, Missouri
Dec 30 2009    8:00P                                       Little Rock, Arkansas
Dec 31 2009    8:00P                                       Houston, Texas
Jan 1 2010    8:00P                                       Dallas, Texas
Jan 2 2010    8:00P    Headhunters           Austin, Texas
Jan 3 2010    8:00P                                       Dallas/suburb, Texas
Jan 4 2010    8:00P                                       Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Jan 5 2010    8:00P                                       Claremore, Oklahoma
Jan 6 2010    8:00P                                       Wichita, Kansas
Jan 7 2010    8:00P                                       Lawrence, Manhattan or Topeka!, Kansas
Jan 8 2010    8:00P                                       Lincoln, Nebraska
Jan 9 2010    8:00P   Sokol Underground    Omaha, Nebraska

if anybody lives around these places and knows somewhere we can play/someone we can talk to, let me know! the ones without any club listed aren't final and we aren't necessarily tied to that city. we will drive elsewhere if it's not unreasonable with gas and time. we also need places to sleep too as hotels/motels are only okay maybe once or twice the whole trip.
i am very excited to play at Headhunters as supposedly it's the bar that was featured in Death Proof by quentin tarantino. i plan to reenact scenes from the movie whilst waiting to play.

here is the myspace btw: http://www.myspace.com/theluckylosers
im not really interested in any comments or crits on the music or the band itself as I did not write any of it and am not on any of the current recordings or in any of the pictures. i'm pretty hands off and doing this second to my own band (which is not as productive). i know not many people are into this kind of music so i usually don't post my stuff here but I figured travelling around warranted a topic

xoxo
eric
  • FIFTY FIFTY FIFTY
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Premium Member
Do a lot of bands tour over New Years? :O
  • PipPip
I don't think I've been to any of those states.
Hi. I'm Kayos.
  • Lichens!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
all your states suck
  • now das fresh
ska huh...
yes coulombs are "germaine", did you learn that word at talk like a dick school?
  • -
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
that's really fucking cool, man.

i play bass too, but i'm barely qualified to play a show, much less tour. that's pretty exciting, have fun!
  • You probally thought you werent gunna die today suprise!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
my gf loves ska, im not a fan personally but its pretty cool your doing a small tour fuck atari
  • more cowbell!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
Rad, man! I was raised as a ska kid, so this is really neat to hear. Too bad you're not coming to Colorado, or I'd definitely watch you play.
http://www.fallingbot.com/
  • I gots a lego!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
i'm going on tour

all over you rmum
www.jmickle.com
  • TV people want to leave
Lawrence, Manhattan or Topeka!, Kansas

I don't know what's more confusing, the fact that these two places are nowhere near each other or the fact that Topeka! is so exciting.
I love this hobby - stealing your mother's diary
BRRING! BRRING!
Hello!  It's me, Vellfire!  FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER! ... Bye!  CLICK!  @gidgetnomates
  • The MONSTER that lives inside of your COUCH!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
if you were coming to the east coast i would go.  just saying.  like nyc.
  • brown priyde yea mayne
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
Sounds cool.  Good luck and have fun.  I'm kind of disappointed your band has no brass (]​
keep posting...
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
we do have a trombone and a trumpet but they, like myself, are new additions to the band o they arent on the space yet
  • ブラウンの人
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
Come to Canada and i'll watch
  • Avatar of `~congresman Ron paul~~
  • Legio Morbidius
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
if you're going to go on tour pick some better locations, are any of those even college towns?

That’s right, you have the young gaming with the old(er), white people gaming with black people, men and women, Asian countries gaming with the EU, North Americans gaming with South Americans. Much like world sporting events like the Wolrd Cup, or the Olympics will bring together different nations in friendly competition, (note the recent Asian Cup; Iraq vs. Saudi Arabia, no violence there) we come together. The differences being, we are not divided by our nationalities and we do it 24-7, and on a personal level.

We are a community without borders and without colours, the spirit and diversity of the gaming community is one that should be looked up to, a spirit and diversity other groups should strive toward.
  • Avatar of `~congresman Ron paul~~
  • Legio Morbidius
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
houston and dallas i guess.

That’s right, you have the young gaming with the old(er), white people gaming with black people, men and women, Asian countries gaming with the EU, North Americans gaming with South Americans. Much like world sporting events like the Wolrd Cup, or the Olympics will bring together different nations in friendly competition, (note the recent Asian Cup; Iraq vs. Saudi Arabia, no violence there) we come together. The differences being, we are not divided by our nationalities and we do it 24-7, and on a personal level.

We are a community without borders and without colours, the spirit and diversity of the gaming community is one that should be looked up to, a spirit and diversity other groups should strive toward.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
Yea I think we're trying for a college town in Kansas too.

I agree, it kinda sucks to be anchored in the midwest cause its a real long way in any direction. The big goal is to make a round trip going west, then south, east and back up through OK. It get's pretty f-ing cold here in the winter and should it snow we are in some tough shit, so the idea is to go south and hopefully miss as much cold weather as possible.

Another problem is that every band we've spoken to has told us that there are no shows on Sundays in Texas cause of the religious folk. This sucks big time because we want to hit Dallas and Houston, and Austin on the 2nd, but we have to be somewhere else on the 3rd, meaning we'll have to doubletime it out of Texas. Blooows.

I appreciate the comments though, I didn't figure GW had much help to offer since half of you guys are from europe and such anyhow, but I could've sworn there were a few farmland members around here...