Topic: [FULL] Forever's End: Episode One (Read 2481 times)

• Group: Member

Forever's End

Voted RMN's Most Promising Demo of 2010 Misao

In the world of Linguardia, the nations of Rikalia and Dorent are the reigning powers. Although both leaders have been at peace for centuries, a dark cloud is on the horizon. King Richard, leader of the Rikalian Empire, has recently lost his wife and daughter to a pack of demons. Now, his mind twisted from grief, Richard is on a quest for domination. His plan: to harness the power of the six legendary crystals, which, according to scriptures, will bestow the wielder with unimaginable powers if brought together. With Richard on a path of destruction to collect the crystals, war seems inevitable.

Players take control of Epoch Lander, Captain of Richard's Dragon Knights, an elite force within the Rikalian Empire. However, when Epoch begins questioning the morals behind Richard's actions, he is arrested for treason and sentenced to death. With his head full of unanswered questions, Epoch must decide whether to accept his fate or fight for what he believes to be the greater good: even if it means fighting alone.

..:: FEATURES ::..

- A vast number of different playable characters, each with their own unique battle skills.
- Consistent graphical style, borrowing mainly from the Treasure of the Rudras.
- Capture monsters and use their skills against your opponents in battle.
- A compendium to keep track of all the monsters you've scanned and captured
- A well-crafted story with strong character development.
- Approximately 15-20 hours of gameplay for Episode One depending on how many of the sidequests you do.
- A magnificent soundtrack, featuring a large repertoire of songs by Yoshitaka Hirota and Yasunori Mitsuda.
- Beautifully drawn, comic-style cutscenes by the talented boobledeeboo

..:: SCREENS ::..

..:: RECEPTION ::..

Forever's End has received a total of 14 positive reviews on RMN, making it one of the most reviewed game on the site (although some of these reviews are for older versions). It is also currently the most subscribed game on the site.  You can read these reviews by checking the homepage here:

Forever's End Reviews :: rpgmaker.net

Here are some quotes from people who have reviewed the game:

"Forever's End appealed to everything I love about RPG's...I couldn't recommend it enough." - Little Wing Guy

"It has a genuinely gripping storyline, and I cannot wait for the next installment of this game...I literally want it right now, and if you play this game, you'll see why... " - Fallen-Griever

"{Forever's End} has some spectacular and engaging characters and dialogue to make for a compelling game experience." - Solitayre

"...this game is great and is on my list of most wanted games. It's a must try." - Tyranos

"Seriously...this game is pure sexual magic." - Feldschlacht IV

..:: DOWNLOAD ::..

Forever's End: Episode One

..:: CREDITS ::..

Character Sprites and Graphics
Treasure of the Rudras
Magi

Map Design
Little Wing Guy
Lennon
Rei~
Ultima187

Music
Yasunori Mitsuda
Junya Nakano
Motoi Sakuraba
Yoshitaka Hirota
Nobuo Uematsu
Shiro Sagisu

Custom Song
Remember~ - Alex Amana

Custom Artwork
boobledeeboo

Beta Testers
Little Wing Guy
Linkforce
boobledeeboo
Zadok83
Rei~

..:: CUSTOM ART ::..

All custom art, including comic-style cutscenes and facesets, is drawn by boobledeeboo.

..:: NOTES ::..

I'm posting this here because it's gotten a pretty good reception on RMN, and I believe any RPG fan should check it out. If you encounter any fatal bugs or glitches, or just want to critique or suggest something, don't hesitate to inform me.

If you want a more indepth look at game progress, you can check out the game profile at RMN:

Gamepage :: rpgmaker.net

I hope you all will check it out!
Last Edit: January 04, 2010, 02:57:12 am by NicoB
... 104 mb? Uh, I don't need to get the RTP to play this, do I? Is there a specific reason the size is... respectable?
<RPG> contra's depth is an illusion, it's not sustainable for a real story
<RPG> it's just fun, with fun gameplay
<RPG> rpg players ask "where did the robot come from"
  • Comrade!
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Premium Member
six legendary crystals

Good grief. I can't stand it. Talk about over used. Screens look good though and overused plot devices aside, might be good. Will try later.

... 104 mb? Uh, I don't need to get the RTP to play this, do I? Is there a specific reason the size is... respectable?

Mp3's are likely the reason for the size.

You shouldn't need the RTP to play this. The large file size is mainly due to the MP3 files like Jingle Bell said. It's pretty good considering the number I've used in game (which is about 43 songs). I used a program to help decrease the file size of each MP3 so it's considerably less than what it could have been.

Good grief. I can't stand it. Talk about over used. Screens look good though and overused plot devices aside, might be good. Will try later.

The plot is my own spin on a classic story. If you would like to see what other people have thought about it, you can read any one of the eight reviews on the game page at RMN (Note though that their reviews were for an older demo; this new demo hasn't been out for very long). Anyway, I hope you will give it a chance.
  • lol
  • PipPip
Looks exactly like Balmung Cycle.
the infamous "Shakesbeer Translat0r" troll topique (14 pg.)
the infamous "Women Can't Make Games" troll topique (18 pg.)

Looks exactly like Balmung Cycle.

Well, we are using our graphics from the same source.
  • Lunar Diviner
  • Pip
Most games these days will look like games from the past. Resources used well will look like another person's game.
The game looks very good though :) i shall download this 8D
  • It's Me, Picasso
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
I've just downloaded it and will try it soon.
Everyone has the right to be himself; wise men know how to,when, and whether to navigate the boundary between their rights and those of others when they collide.
  • Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
Damn.. reminds me of Line's End
  • It's Me, Picasso
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
In name only, I hope.
Everyone has the right to be himself; wise men know how to,when, and whether to navigate the boundary between their rights and those of others when they collide.
  • FISSION MAILED
  • PipPip
In defense of NicoB, clichéd plot and "Balmung copy" look aside, Forever's End is actually a good RM game. It's overall pretty polished and competent, and I was actually surprised by how very well-designed some parts of it were (some set pieces in the siege of a town near the beginning come to mind). (It was also nice to see some rare Shadow Hearts love in the soundtrack.) The only major negatives of the game that I can think of off the top of my head are the copious amounts of universally familiar Final Fantasy SFX and music (though maybe this is just a pet peeve), and yeah, the unoriginal plot. But it's all in the execution, right?
Last Edit: December 30, 2009, 08:43:17 am by mellytan
I used to be a computer god 15years ago. Since then i'm just a working dad.

~my gameslog~
  • Fuckin' A.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HOORAY ANOTHER RUDRA FANGAME :D
HOORAY ANOTHER RUDRA FANGAME :D

It isn't a fangame. It just uses the graphics.
  • Bigger, blacker, and angrier.
It's decent so far, but
It's decent so far, but

Huh...I have no idea why it's doing that. I've never had that problem before, and I don't really have any events that should be causing that. I guess it's possible the monsters roaming around are causing, but if you didn't have that problem earlier on, I'm not sure why you would now. Did you encounter any lag up until now? Maybe the weather event (the fog) is causing it?
  • Bigger, blacker, and angrier.
That's what I was thinking. I went into the game files using RPG Maker and took the fog out. It didn't take the fog out for some reason; maybe I missed something. But I didn't have any problems with lag up until the Sewers.
  • Music Creator
  • PipPip
So far, the screenshots look wonderful, whether ripped or not (but everything rm2k and 2k3 is ripped, isn't it?).

On the note of the graphics again, it has been said that "The graphic style in consistent" and the screenshots look great at the same time. I think this shows the that Niko of a good visual artist, as with all visual art consistency is such a huge part of it.

And of course, it's more about the game and story than the graphics all together, so I definitely look forward to playing it.

And basically, one final thing, over at rpgmaker.net they seem to really like the game.

I have to go out anyway, today (can't download it on this cel phone internet connection that I'm using here), and once I get over to the library/wi-fi I'll make sure to download the game and try it out. I'm looking forward to it. =)

Last Edit: January 01, 2010, 06:17:15 pm by james_the_composer
Thanks james! I hope you give it a try.
  • Zeldagon
i would try it... but if there are two things i hate about games, they are lag and non-adventure battle system...
but thats just me.
the rest of it looks and sounds good C=
-No Cover Games !!!
-You are not better than the rest of us!!!
-Preparations!!!