Topic: Bonkers Sewer Adventure [DEMO] (Read 717 times)

• [Utada Hikaru <3]
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Premium Member
BONKERS SEWER ADVENTURE

So here's a little something I've been cooking up. It's a platformer akin to something like mega man or any capcom run n' gun platformer really. Graphically it's reminiscent of a gameboy color game although I took some liberties with that theme.

Basically you venture around a bunch of sewers, in this demo the pyramid sewers, and you fight monsters, collect treasures and eventually kill a boss, then move on to the next stage.

The stages are connected like a ring, going either left or right long enough will lead you back to where you started. The idea is to get to the other side of the ring to get item X / push a button Z / do some shit Y and then go back to where you started to fight the boss of the stage.

The demo has a work in progress stage with no boss but a good amount of playable rooms and demonstrates how the game will work.

Controls

Move = Arrow keys
Jump = X
Attack = Z / Y
Dash = C / Down+X

Download Links

http://www.2shared.com/file/10373044/d85082a6/BonkersInTheSewers_31_12_09.html

http://pub.gamingw.net/37898/BonkersInTheSewers_31_12_09.rar

Discuss.
Last Edit: December 31, 2009, 11:13:02 pm by Supra Mairo
  • Who's the boss? Not you, bitch.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
I honestly cannot figure out how to download files from the website you linked.
Barkley, Shut Up and Jam: Gaiden
  • Gythol Granditti will be out "soon". Honest.
  • PipPipPipPipPip
there is a very tiny link at the bottom that says SAVE TO PC but that link doesn't work.

how to download game???!??!?!
  • Pip
  • Group: Member
ERROR
Last Edit: December 31, 2009, 02:03:49 am by Haunted-House
skilled in:
hellbloodelbow, deathbloodkick, ghostwrestle, bloodthai
  • Gythol Granditti will be out "soon". Honest.
  • PipPipPipPipPip
older version posted on the poppenkast for those who want to play right away (has bugs obviously):

http://www.2shared.com/file/10336414/607088cd/BonkersInTheSewers_29_12_09.html

i played this old version and the game has very high polish and the controls are great. in general you have a lot of stuff made for this already so it is looking pretty good.
  • [Utada Hikaru <3]
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
I didn't know 2shared was that shitty, I never downloaded the game myself offcourse.

I'll put it up somewhere else too just a sec.

EDIT:

Man all these upload sites are a load of shit. Well I uploaded it on my GW upload space and some other random upload service so try those, the GW one worked for me so lets hope it all goes well now.
Last Edit: December 30, 2009, 05:08:08 pm by Supra Mairo
  • god damn it man-o-war god damn it
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
When I fall off a platform, I fall to the bottom and don't die/reset/appear at the top or anything. I kinda just fall out of view and continue moving around :(
Since I suck at platforming this kinda makes the demo fairly unplayable nooo :(
don't mind me, just postin' after a few brewskies
somebody’s Barkley --- could be another’s Monopolo.
  • [Utada Hikaru <3]
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
I'll fix that for the next version. But there's only 3 rooms with a bottomless pit so just take your time to get through them for now.
  • Who's the boss? Not you, bitch.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
Hey man, this was pretty cool. What are your plans for it? I can see it going in the explorational platformer direction. Also, do you have anyone doing music for it? If you don't, I could definitely do it if you want.
Barkley, Shut Up and Jam: Gaiden
  • [Utada Hikaru <3]
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
Hey man, this was pretty cool. What are your plans for it? I can see it going in the explorational platformer direction. Also, do you have anyone doing music for it? If you don't, I could definitely do it if you want.
I'm not really going for any X-ploration kinda thing, I know I'll never finish it if I put too high standards or workloads into it.

Basically you beat 1 from 4 stages in any order you like, rince and repeat until all of them are done and then go to the final stage. In each stage you have to travel either left or right until you reach the goal of that stage, then travel back either left or right to fight the boss.

There's gonna be shops and secrets sprinkled here and there and they are optional but can help you a lot, especially the shops if you have enough gold to get something like restore health, keys, weapon upgrades and the like.

As for the music I think Phlogiston / Din is up to the challenge but I don't think he'll start doing music until I prove there's something to do music for, as in a full game. Not a bad policy given my track record for not finishing projects.

I'll try and have the whole stage done for the next update. Which will be today or tomorrow.
  • [Utada Hikaru <3]
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
Here is new version happy new year.

http://www.2shared.com/file/10373044/d85082a6/BonkersInTheSewers_31_12_09.html

http://pub.gamingw.net/37898/BonkersInTheSewers_31_12_09.rar

It includes more rooms, more enemies and a shop where you can purchase Ratskin Tunic and Health Restoration.

Ratskin Tunic blocks 1 point of damage but needs to recharge for 5 seconds after to work again. Since atm everything in the game deals only 1 point of damage it blocks 100% of damage every 5 seconds.
  • Zeldagon
looks like it would be a classic in the golden (and maybe three other colors) days
C=
-No Cover Games !!!
-You are not better than the rest of us!!!
-Preparations!!!
  • I wander alone
  • Pip
glad to see you still releasing stuff lazrael

It seems like a cool idea and I hope you use the ring idea wisely. I'm just wondering if there'll actually be a point to breaking jars because in your demo it seems pretty useless expecting either a ghost or one coin to pop out. Also will there be a difference in killing the weak and stronger things in the future(there probably will be)?