Topic: My life as an artist is over! (Read 1024 times)

• *untis* *untis* ^
  • PipPip
  • Group: Member
I can see why you don't post much

He said /thread.  :fogetshh:
How about no!? You are an idiotic version of a baboon.
  • i don't like change
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Premium Member
If I ever make the decision to turn into a complete fag, I'm going to make a topic right here in Gaming World just so I can brag.

Because that's what fags do.
  • I fear and I tremble
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
well I say

/idon'tevenrememberpostingthatIwasprobablyfuckedupatthetimesorry
DEUCE: MEETING THE URINE UP CLOSE AND PERSONAL AND REALIZING IT'S JUST LIKE ME AND MY PREJUDICES  THIS WHOLE TIME WERE COMPLETELY FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF PTTTTHTHTHH GOD IT'S EVERYWHERE<br />DEUCE: FUCK THIS TASTES LIKE PISS<br />PANTS: WHERE IT SHOULD TASTE LIKE COTTON CANDY OR PICKLES<br />DEUCE: OR AT LEAST LIKE URINE NOT PISS
  • *untis* *untis* ^
  • PipPip
 :nyd:
How about no!? You are an idiotic version of a baboon.
  • VILLAIN
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Administrator
It seems to be the case for most freelancers that the best thing about doing it is having that day job to fall back on!

Seriously though, living contract to contract is nerve wracking[sp?] and more often than not people aren't willing to pay you residuals and if you get too picky about things they will simply replace you with someone else.... a fact a lot of people are aware of when they are treating you like shit (or so I've heard, I managed to snag a few comfortable, consistent deals so far). Art is not a secure field at all...
Fortunately for me, web programming tends to be a field in which trust is desirable. People aren't likely to stop working with me unless I actually mess something up, because there are good and bad programmers and it's hard to tell who's which.
  • Chicken Hunter
  • PipPipPipPip
I really don't know where you guys tried to be artist, or what art fields exactly, but I just pulled in 4gs in just freelance work this month, I don't even touch my work checks. I'm in Graphic Design and Web Design. and I'm still in school.

I know chainer is more of a illustrator and that can be hard.
  • Artist, novelist, gamer, and friend.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
Because that's what fags do.

Actually:
Quote from: Urban Dictionary
1. An extremely annoying, inconsiderate person most commonly associated with Harley riders.
2. A person who owns or frequently rides a Harley.
" Look at that fag riding that Harley."
"Why are these fags always so loud."
  • I fear and I tremble
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
UH HYUK HYUK HYUK!

DEUCE: MEETING THE URINE UP CLOSE AND PERSONAL AND REALIZING IT'S JUST LIKE ME AND MY PREJUDICES  THIS WHOLE TIME WERE COMPLETELY FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF PTTTTHTHTHH GOD IT'S EVERYWHERE<br />DEUCE: FUCK THIS TASTES LIKE PISS<br />PANTS: WHERE IT SHOULD TASTE LIKE COTTON CANDY OR PICKLES<br />DEUCE: OR AT LEAST LIKE URINE NOT PISS
  • i don't like change
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
At least it's not Family Guy.

• Split into many...
  • PipPip
Congrats!! That's awesome that that company worked out. Even if it's a peculiar direction.

Our company actually got bought out by Zynga, so now I'm an art producer there as of a few months ago.
I just wanted to say that I miss you on aim, and that's the reason I'm never on.

Being wicked busy that is.
  • Artist, novelist, gamer, and friend.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
this topic is gr8
Now I'm a software engineer.  No more starving artist for me :woop:

I gave the game industry a good go as an artist, but after being taken advantage of as an intern - I've returned to my original career goals. Apparently, the company I was doing 3D contract work for really liked me. I did some technical work for them for a few months and now they've just hired me on as a software engineer.   I'm super excited.

I suppose the ironic thing here is that now I'll get normal hours and have time/money to play video games and do other hobbies - like art :) - I just won't be doing it for a meager living and surviving 70 hour week crunch modes with never ending unhealthy pizza dinners.

WOW DUDE that is beyond awesome!  :woop: You will have to show us some examples of your art. CONGRATS again.

GAMEAUCTIONS