Topic: 2010 FIFA WORLD CUP in South Africa + GW World Cup Fantasy League [it's like a crazy hodge-podge of futbol!] (Read 5085 times)

• VILLAIN
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Administrator
:(
  • VILLAIN
well, I'm going to say something crazy here, but maybe this is for the best. I can't deny that spain was the best team throughout most of the match even though we had our moments of excellent play later in the first half and were dominant at the start of the second half. we had the best chances. the final sequence that led to the goal by iniesta was extremely dubious, given that it came from a goal kick that should have been a corner, and ramos made a foul that the referee didn't see. the game was dirty on holland's side, but that was mostly in the first half. after that, webb should have known better than to foul us every time he saw a spanish player rolling around on the grass.

this has been a strange tournament. there haven't been many goals, and the only way we could have won it is through penalties after a relatively poor match. I wanted us to win, but I'm not sure I would have wanted us to win in this manner.
  • Ò_Ó
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Premium Member
the game was dirty on holland's side, but that was mostly in the first half. after that, webb should have known better than to foul us every time he saw a spanish player rolling around on the grass.
Yeah I agree with this, there were quite a few bad calls in the 2nd half. I can't remember but I think the red card wasn't realllllyyy a heavy contact even. Holland deserved everything they got in the 1st half though, probably more, it was quite kind to let them stay as 11 men at half time. That flying kick to the chest should have been a straight red I think.
  • VILLAIN
Yeah I agree with this, there were quite a few bad calls in the 2nd half. I can't remember but I think the red card wasn't realllllyyy a heavy contact even. Holland deserved everything they got in the 1st half though, probably more, it was quite kind to let them stay as 11 men at half time. That flying kick to the chest should have been a straight red I think.
it wasn't red because it wasn't intentional, terrible as it was. you'd have to be totally crazy to do that for real and think you can get away with it.

also, during the second major chance by robben, puyol fouled him and should have gotten his second yellow card. the referee didn't give it to him. the second half was full of fouls by spain, including some pretty damning dives that got us some cards too. but it doesn't matter in the end, everybody's going to think of these criticisms as being the throes of a sore loser. in the end, the only countries that anybody cares about are spain and germany. and that's really the worst thing of this result.
Last Edit: July 12, 2010, 12:10:30 am by Dada
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Member
Nah I saw all that falling too, Spain didn't play close to fucking clean and they got lot's of help from the ref.

Honkball forever
http://marklisanti.tumblr.com/post/126620624/i-can-totally-relate-harold-i-am-a-farmer-and-i
  • salt world mechanic
  • PipPipPipPip

Honkball forever
  • Power to the flowers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
that was a really disappointing match to watch as the final match in the world cup. I was pretty bored and generally bewildered by how many yellow cards were being thrown around.
  • salt world mechanic
  • PipPipPipPip
...and now cue nobody caring about soccer for another four years again.
  • VILLAIN
...and now cue nobody caring about soccer for another four years again.
depends. where do you live?
  • DragonSlayer o_O
americas
To Never Be Known Is The Worst Death
  • TV people want to leave
i'm still carin' about soccer.  when does the premiere league start back?  maybe espn will actually show it this year instead of just showing old matches randomly on monday or tuesday mornings with no warning whatsoever
I love this hobby - stealing your mother's diary
BRRING! BRRING!
Hello!  It's me, Vellfire!  FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER! ... Bye!  CLICK!  @gidgetnomates
  • Ò_Ó
Yeah 4 years for me, can't stand club football. Not interested in watching a bunch of businesses flexing their bank accounts at each other
It's the only football I've got now...unless someone can find streams of obscure South Korean local teams with even worse businesses backing them, because if I could watch Daejeon Hydro and Nuclear Power F.C. I would be thrilled.
BRRING! BRRING!
Hello!  It's me, Vellfire!  FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER! ... Bye!  CLICK!  @gidgetnomates
  • Fuckin' A.
http://myp2p.eu/competition.php?competitionid=&part=sports&discipline=football
it starts off well with some tasty friendlies and then gets into the chinese super league
  • GW Staff: Article Alcoholic (Current Mood: Happy!)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
Looks like the fantasy league scores have been updated! It's been a fun game.
  • I need to watch things die
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
Haha the final scores! Just jumped above Dicko in after the fina gamel. Gutted for you mate. Bwahahaha!
  • Fuckin' A.
BABYS HAVE BEEN CRUSHED
  • clockamite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
Goal! I drew a special Soccer Tribute to our brave fighting lads in this years World Cup Football Challenge '94. Congratulations to our boys, pull on your soccer boots and make it back for a grand slam!
http://harmonyzone.org
  • Fuckin' A.
<3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3
http://myp2p.eu/competition.php?competitionid=&part=sports&discipline=football
it starts off well with some tasty friendlies and then gets into the chinese super league

Holy shit they really do have that Korean League on here, I honestly COULD follow Daejeon Korea Hydro and Nuclear Power F.C. when their season starts (no clue when this is).

I'm going to!  Anyone wanna watch this shit with me?  Let's do this.

Unless you're a Ansan Hallelujah supporter in which case KISS. MY. BUTT.
BRRING! BRRING!