Topic: The single most rarest game you own? (Read 4975 times)

• Games are my forte =/
  • Pip
  • Group: Member
Well like the title says whats the single most rarest game you own?
For me it would be my Factory Sealed Australian copy of Atelier Iris 2:The Azoth of Destiny.
  • TV people want to leave
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Premium Member
Probably "Pokemon Diamond", as in the English Telefang bootleg on the GBC.  Managed to find a copy on ebay.  I'd suppose that since it's a pretty old bootleg it's not the easiest thing to find anymore (I don't see copies on ebay very often).

Other than that it'd probably be something that's only somewhat rare like Night Trap on the 3DO or Takeshi's Challenge on the Famicom.  They're both games that you can definitely find copies of online but they aren't games that you can ALWAYS find on ebay or wherever.

It's hard to judge what's rare because I know I own tons of games that you're unlikely to just come across but since we have ebay it's pretty easy to get most games.  Some are definitely more pricey than other but just because Super Mario RPG is $50+ I don't really think it's rare so much as it is desirable so it's really hard to judge what games are rare unless they're known for being rare or something ridiculously obscure.
I love this hobby - stealing your mother's diary
BRRING! BRRING!
Hello!  It's me, Vellfire!  FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER! ... Bye!  CLICK!  @gidgetnomates
  • ;Wyrm
  • PipPipPipPipPip
POW - Prisoner of War NES in case with instructions still.
Wyrm  | Madolah | ær 
  • Fuckin' A.
probably one of my master system games, i suppose. i don't own anything particularly rare, i don't think
  • tom cruise
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
I have an original copy of King's Quest 5 with the hint book and everything intact. I think that's the rarest game I own, I don't have many rare games or anything.

• *untis* *untis* ^
  • PipPip
I have an original copy of King's Quest 5 with the hint book and everything intact. I think that's the rarest game I own, I don't have many rare games or anything.
Coincidentally, I have KQ 7 with the box and all. Other than that .... Earthbound, I guess? It's not even that rare anymore.
How about no!? You are an idiotic version of a baboon.
  • Pip
I had a few rare games for a while:

Donkey Kong 64
Banjo-Kazooie
Banjo-Tooie
Diddy Kong Racing
Jet Force Gemini
  • Scanner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
Don't have any rare games. Lost a lot of my older games to various things. I have a decent PS1 collection I think. but all without a case or booklets.

Any games That I own that could be considered rare are 2 games. both are terrible. The one I bought Wreckless: the Yakuza Missions because of the hype from a commercial, which I never did before nor will do again. (it was the only game I ever bought in this manner)

And a game I got with my DS (which is gathering dust) The Urbz: Sims in the City.

I could be totally wrong on these ACTUALLY being rare. I just assume they are because they are bad and possibly didn't sell so well.

• TV people want to leave
Coincidentally, I have KQ 7 with the box and all. Other than that .... Earthbound, I guess? It's not even that rare anymore.

I bought KQ7 with box and all at a flea market.  Except when I got it home, even though it had the box and the registration cards and EVERYTHING else, the game in the box was KQ6.  So if I ever bought the KQ7 disc then I'd have a complete set.

Idk how rare these are because ebay prices definitely aren't an indication (got them both for under $5, but they could be RARE and just not expensive) but I have really nice complete editions of The 7th Guest and The 11th Hour.  The 7th Guest is in this big box shaped like a book and has a making of VHS and The 11th Hour is in a smaller but more ornate CD case.

I have King Kong 2 for the Famicom with the box and manual, it's probably not that rare but probably having any Famicom game complete like that is at least uncommon!!!
I love this hobby - stealing your mother's diary
BRRING! BRRING!
Hello!  It's me, Vellfire!  FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER! ... Bye!  CLICK!  @gidgetnomates
  • Comedy Bronze
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Global Moderator
Donkey Kong 64
Banjo-Kazooie
Banjo-Tooie
Diddy Kong Racing

I didn't know these were rare! I have all of this list except for Banjo-Tooie!

Based on prices and availability, probably the rarest games I own are Suikoden 1 (NTSC/PAL) and Suikoden 2 (PAL).

They consistently sell for like £100 here on ebay FUCK SELLING THEM THOUGH >:O!!
Hey hey hey
  • Fuckin' A.

oh faust
  • DragonSlayer o_O
faust you poor thing :(​(
To Never Be Known Is The Worst Death
  • Games are my forte =/
  • Pip
So far I think that guy with the Suikoden games has the rarest :3 I wish I had those.
  • GW Staff: Article Alcoholic (Current Mood: Happy!)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
I have Star Ocean 2 on the PS2 as well as MvC2 for the PS2 which I think was rare - but who cares now that it's available for download via the PS3.
  • Dead man
phantasy star 4 on the Genesis cart is pretty rare (next to PS2 witch would beat it.) so I'm told and I have Toe Jam & Earl also.
DDay is Dead  I am a dead man typing

• Comrade!?! I AM NOT A FUCKING RUSSIAN
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
I had or have Star Ocean Till The End Of Time, oh and FF7 for the PC, but... i kinda treated it bad so the discs are all over the place and umm scratched up.
RIP DoktorMartini

My brute!
  • Five foot ace of clubs?!?!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
I love that you posted this topic as my brother and I are actually collectors of rare or semi-rare games. Actually, I tend to collect retro games in general and I have a few semi-rare ones myself. But rare games? I don't own many of those, however I did have a loose cart of Bubble Bobble 2 about a month and a half ago in which I bought for just $1(yes, that's right). I periodically make posts on Craigslist to buy games, in which I will collect some but usually resale them. Consoles may not count but I have a NES top loader, Joshua: The Battle of Jericho for the Genesis which is semi-sealed, Digimon World 2, DDR Mario Mix for the Gamecube with the dancepad still in the box; I also have Chrono Trigger with everything for the SNES, Super Mario RPG and many other RPGs for the SNES, Lunar Eternal Blue complete for the ps1, Marvel Vs Capcom 2 and Skies of Arcadia for the Dreamcast. I have a 3DO as well with a few fairly common games such as Myst.

My brother has had a few rare titles too such as Little Samson for the NES, a factory sealed copy of Menace Beach for the NES, and some others(EVO the search for Eden and Mega Man Legends 2) and hes sending me a copy of Mega Man x3 soon which is also quite rare. That's about it as far as semi-rare or rare games go - I can't wait to see what some other people have in their collections.

PS I would love to get my hands on some extremely rare titles such as Stadium Events NTSC, Kizuna Encounter(Euro PAL version) for the Neo Geo, or Birthday Mania for the Atari 2600.
  • *untis* *untis* ^
  • PipPip
I bought KQ7 with box and all at a flea market.  Except when I got it home, even though it had the box and the registration cards and EVERYTHING else, the game in the box was KQ6.  So if I ever bought the KQ7 disc then I'd have a complete set.

Idk how rare these are because ebay prices definitely aren't an indication (got them both for under $5, but they could be RARE and just not expensive) but I have really nice complete editions of The 7th Guest and The 11th Hour.  The 7th Guest is in this big box shaped like a book and has a making of VHS and The 11th Hour is in a smaller but more ornate CD case.

I have King Kong 2 for the Famicom with the box and manual, it's probably not that rare but probably having any Famicom game complete like that is at least uncommon!!!

Problem with adventure games of that calibre is they become boring after you beat them once because you know all the solutions. It's a coaster now.

edit: @ Adderall: The resale value of Chrono Trigger is dead thanks to the DS remake. I had it and I was going to sell it and I decided to give it to a friend after seeing it was released on DS (it deletes save files occasionally so I wasn't interested in keeping it).
How about no!? You are an idiotic version of a baboon.
  • VILLAIN
  • Group: Administrator
I had a few rare games for a while:

Donkey Kong 64
Banjo-Kazooie
Banjo-Tooie
Diddy Kong Racing
Jet Force Gemini
*drumroll*

I have a whole bunch of old DOS games which are by definition rare because by now most of them are either thrown away or stashed away in basements. Like Normality, SimCity 2000 on floppy disks, Creatures on floppy disks, Torin's Passage, A-Train, Microsoft Dangerous Creatures. I suppose they're not really RARE though, except for maybe Normality. And I have a ton of old games on 5.25" floppy disks which are probably next to impossible to find online (but only very few of them are genuine versions).

One time I very nearly bought Tombi for PSX for around €30 EUR. Which I was really stupid to pass up on because they're being sold for like €90 on eBay these days.
  • The man in the woods.
It's hard to say what passes for rare.

My guess would be, of the ones I own, would be Inca II. It's an old dos title that was part adventure game and part first person space shooter.