Topic: 1920's Gangster GURPS RP (Read 1673 times)

• Scanner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Member
Well, I was satisfied with the number of players that I got. Since I've not ever run a game online like this before (which may seem obvious since we keep having scheduling issues for the very first game session.) I was worried about handling any more players... but I guess I can squeeze in an extra player.

FYI: We will meet in the Havern IRC room for chat before actually starting up the MapTool server. (and we will probably utilize it in case we run into any issues with MapTool)

Try and get me your character sheet sooner rather than later as that means I can write up macros tailored to your character.
  • Scanner
Yo Bonifangith you weren't on Havern.

Also you didn't miss the game Luckily for you, turns out Dorothy couldn't play on a Sunday so we are delaying this game for a third time. Lets hope this time it all works out.

SEPTEMBER 15TH, SATURDAY, 2PM, EDT. (moved back an hour to give DeadPhoenix an extra hour of sleep)

Also Sarevok is not playing it seems so it looks like we have just the right amount of players assuming you decide to play on Saturday, Bonifangith.
ah sorry Warped to be honest I forgot about it completely.

do you have Skype? add me on it mines the same as my forum name
  • Scanner
I have a Skype Account. But I do not have it installed on my PC and rarely used it when I did. But it definitely could be useful for running this game.

I was also thinking Ventrilo as a possibility if we wanted to use a voice service but we'd have to use someone's server for it instead of just connecting to each other, Skype may actually be the simpler option.
  • Gigantic Megaman danceing time!
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Premium Member
I have a Skype Account. But I do not have it install on my PC and rarely used it when I did. But it definitely could be useful for running this game.

I was also thinking Ventrilo as a possibility if we wanted to use a voice service but we'd have to use someone's server for it instead of just connecting to each other, Skype may actually be the simpler option.
I actually use skype for my other games, between the simple voice chat and the auto-chat logging, it is pretty good.
I use Skype for all of my games too.

But yes if you decide to go with skype my skype name is Bonifangith I'll be around in the evening then and if not I will try to make it on time to havern this weekend :)
  • Comedy Bronze
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Global Moderator
Skype is fine with me, but watch out in case you fall irreversibly in love with me!!!!!
Hey hey hey
  • Scanner
OK, I'll install Skype, I'll let you guys know what my skype name is when I figure it out. Though I'm pretty sure it was... Warped655 (shocker)
  • Scanner
Yes, it is warped655. Add me or let me know what your Skype name is Faust. I tried contacting Dorothy on Havern tonight he wasn't on.  No worries though, its not like its time consuming to set up a Skype account if he doesn't have one.

I also had a very brief call with Dead Phoenix.
  • Comedy Bronze
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Global Moderator
Guys, I think I'm dying again. Well, hyperbole, but I'm in absolute fucking bits at the second still. Hopefully I'll be fine by gametime (I'm not going back to sleep, I'm going to try to RIDE THIS OUT AWAKE!!!), but I might not be able to play.

I'll confirm nearer the time and try to get on IRC before the sesh. Hopefully this'll clear up, but at the second all I want to do is lay down and look at shitty websites. I will TRY TO FIX BY PURGING ERRANT FOODSTUFFS!!!
Hey hey hey
  • Scanner
Well, Faust is gone and was idle the whole time so he was still sick. So I assume he's not up to playing, Dorothy isn't online and never got online and I sent some text messages to Dead Phoenix and Bonifangith. Bon did not respond, but me and Dead Phoenix talked a bit.

Worse news is that I have to attend my Aunt's wedding next week on Saturday, meaning the game will be postponed 2 weeks. To September 29th, Saturday, 2PM EDT (see below post)

Posted on the Docs page.
  • Scanner
OK, I just talked to Bonifangith on Skype and he said he works 6 days a week and right through our time window. The only day he has off is Sunday. Which is problematic for Dorothy.

Dorothy hasn't ever seemed to be on for the past week or so (or at least when I'm on) but I really need to get a hold of him so I'm going to try and be on Havern constantly. If I can't get a hold of him in a week, we are starting with out him next Sunday, September 23rd, 2pm EDT.

If I DO get a hold of him, we'll see. I'll ask him for a bit more details pertaining to his schedule on Sunday and see if we can work this out.
  • Scanner
Well, sorry for the short notice. But I was just informed not 10 minutes ago that I have to help my dad move the tables and chairs used at my aunts wedding at 2:00pm EDT. However, it should not take more than an hour, so we'll just be starting late probably.

Show up at 3pm EDT and check here often as it might actually take longer than an hour, its just not very likely to and if it does I'll post from my phone to let you guys know.

As for Dorothy its clear he isn't showing. I've been idling on Havern all week and he did log in once. In fact, Sarevok was the only person to get on Havern. SO I guess he's out unfortunately. but 3 players is a good number so we'll be fine.

Putting this info on the docs page.
  • Scanner
Delay was shorter than I thought, I'm back, I'll be ready in a moment.
  • Scanner
Hey Faust, we are online on Skype AND Havern. Right now we are working on Bon's character sheet since he has not finished it which may take a while because he's at a hotel because his house was on fire. :(
  • Scanner
I just realized: Faust, your last post on Salt World was the last I heard from you and you said you were sick, I hope you are OK! :(
  • Scanner
I was just told on IRC that you got a job and that may be related to your absence. Glad to hear that and I hope this is the case. I also hope you are able to make it regardless.
  • Scanner
Faust, check you PMs. Today isn't going to work since people are not responding and you were not on Havern. *Sigh*, try again next Sunday.