Topic: GW6 - Info and I need your opinions, post here to win prize! (Read 3590 times)

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Member
Have you ever developed a complete application before? The parts idea is not a good idea because you end up with halfassed work.
Like, if you are going to do it then do it all, and do it right.

I've developed several full scale applications (For businesses omg!!!) since my last coding of GW, so I have a much better understanding on how to seperate my code and keep it all logical and flowing. I don't see how it would be half assed work when all the sections are seperated into their own modules/etc

I don't see how it can't be done right and done well just doing piece by piece. That's how coding is going anyways. It's not like one day I'm working on games and then I decide to work on articles. I get games done, then I move to articles, so instead of letting my code sit and rot I'm releasing it to the public quicker.
  • Who's the boss? Not you, bitch.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Premium Member
Stormx
holy shit, stormx. what ever happened to him?
Barkley, Shut Up and Jam: Gaiden
  • The Dude With The Gun Glasses
  • Pip
holy shit, stormx. what ever happened to him?

Hes around, but hes out of the whole ameutr game scene i think. More into web design and annoying me on msn  :confused:
  • ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
The parts thing seems like a good idea as long as the whole site looks and feels coherent. As for staffing, Rowain offered me a position about a month or two back, sent you a PM about it.
  • Fuck off!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
Yeah that sounds pretty cool. Releasing in parts. Will the MAILBAG be revived? I used to love that shit back in the day...

Also Bart can I suggest a movie forum... I tried suggesting it some time ago but I don't know what  happened. But these days it seems movie topics are being flooded! So yeah.
  • kaworu*Sigh*Isnt he the cutest person ever
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
Good idea, and it'll be greatto see how GW6 is progressing as it goes along :D
  • FIFTY FIFTY FIFTY
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
Uh.. I understand hiring staffers and shit, but do we really need more mods? :x
  • w007 w007 and double w007
  • PipPipPipPipPip
This is very exciting news. Did you still want a list of all the games that's links still work and shit? I'd be kind of prepared to go through all the links. I've already started and on;y have 24 of the letters of the Alphabet left.

I'd also love to do some form of staff work again as I was extremly proud of my Staff position. I don't think I could handle being a game adder again as that's a lot of work but I wouldn't mind doing things with the games once they were up. Like screens and the such.

Actually, when the games do start coming around could it be a rule for people to submit their games with screenshots? Much like in Game and Demo. I don't feel it should be a Staffer's job to play the games and add the screenshots themselves. (And having done this for a year, I can say it's rather time consuming.)

Also, reviews. I'd love to do them.
  • Bringing it all back home!
  • PipPipPipPip
I think this is a great idea.  I'd be really happy to see the main site going again, even if it's one part at a time.

As for the staffing issue, I'd be interested in becoming a Reviewer again when that part of the site is finished.  I enjoyed that, and only gave up on it because every newpost was filled with comments like "LOL WHERE IS NEW GAMEZ THIS SUCKS!1!!"
  • DOUBLE SECRET GANNON=BANNED
I think the release-in-parts idea might work, as long as those parts are as functional as possible.
Red Mage Needs Food Badly - my blog.
  • The Dude With The Gun Glasses
  • Pip
Well i sent you a pm about staffing stuff, anyway, yeah, like i said parts is a good idea.
Movie forum sounds cool, cause movies are cool...and yeah!
  • w007 w007 and double w007
  • PipPipPipPipPip
I think this is a great idea.  I'd be really happy to see the main site going again, even if it's one part at a time.

As for the staffing issue, I'd be interested in becoming a Reviewer again when that part of the site is finished.  I enjoyed that, and only gave up on it because every newpost was filled with comments like "LOL WHERE IS NEW GAMEZ THIS SUCKS!1!!"

It didn't help the fact that you were a horrible reviewer :D

But Fade showing an interest in this has only made my interest stronger.

Grunthor get here now.
  • Mini-Game Mage
  • PipPipPipPip

I concur, it is starting to feel too lively in the mod forums as it is.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Sorry, when I meant moderators I meant a person or two to moderate over all GW content. Ie, comments, reviews, etc
  • Yo yo selecta in da 'ouse y'all!
  • PipPip
I like the sound of you uploading each new section as you complete it. That way nobody has to wait as long and it should start shifting focus more and more onto the site (from whence it hath diminished).

Will you be moving all GW5 content to GW6? I know half of the articles have 'artifacts' and probably can't be directly moved without being re-written. So they may have to be purged or something.
Nonetheless if you need a composer, I'd be happy to do that. MP3 and / or MIDI. I'm actually good at making music now (unlike back when I wrote articles). Outside of that I would also take great joy and pride in being an article writer once again. I had a lot of fun doing that. (the good ol' tiems)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
Old content will be moved over yes, it'll just take a bit of time figuring out what can be moved and what needs to go.
Hey if GW needs composers I am totally up for that! I'm not entirely sure why Gaming World would need composers though?
now is the winter of our discontent
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
Hey if GW needs composers I am totally up for that! I'm not entirely sure why Gaming World would need composers though?

I'm not too fond of having a big sound/music directory for people to download from on GW because it really doesn't give credit to the composers.

I haven't put much thought into it but a music section with basically a Composer "Profile" where they could add their own songs, post random tidbits, have their stuff reviewed, etc. Almost like a forum thread I suppose, but all of it would be centralized into one. Additionally, i was thinking since we want to expand our areas a bit. We could have people reviewing new "game music". Tons of games now a days have original sound tracks released and I think it would be cool if those got a bit more exposure. I became a huge fan of the Katamari Damacy OST and I didn't even know it existed!
Ahh right, I thought it would be something like compiling a list of "GW Music" That people could use in their games.
now is the winter of our discontent
  • Mini-Game Mage
  • PipPipPipPip
I'm not too fond of having a big sound/music directory for people to download from on GW because it really doesn't give credit to the composers.

I haven't put much thought into it but a music section with basically a Composer "Profile" where they could add their own songs, post random tidbits, have their stuff reviewed, etc. Almost like a forum thread I suppose, but all of it would be centralized into one. Additionally, i was thinking since we want to expand our areas a bit. We could have people reviewing new "game music". Tons of games now a days have original sound tracks released and I think it would be cool if those got a bit more exposure. I became a huge fan of the Katamari Damacy OST and I didn't even know it existed!

This along with the rumored "artist's pages" is starting to make GW sound much more personalized. I like it. APPEAL TO THE PEOPLE! When you want to build a large house, sell people rooms.