Topic: [WIP] Chain Game 4 (Erave: Final Chapter) 12/30 (Read 41834 times)

• I Love Myself
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Member
[Insert ][/Insert]
[insert something here]
  • Caboose
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Premium Member
How about renaming it to Chain Game Fourever

Quote from: Evangel
You can't run from your past, S4D. YOU CAN'T RUN FROM YOUR PAST!
How about renaming it to Chain Game Fourever

Matter of fact, if they name it Chain Game 5, they might fool the curse of Chain Game 4.
  • Cold-Souled Sovereign of the Night Blades
  • PipPipPipPip
If it's all about how to sum it up with a final boss, the easiest way to break the curse is to throw in something like a "Game Disk Error" event using a comical picture at the climax of the last dungeon, and then after a 'lolwut' moment between heroes, run the final credits or however it needs to end. Completely throw out the concept of an ultimate evil and just release the game.
Last Edit: August 22, 2009, 01:39:10 am by Corfaisus
  • Call me Fid, just Fid.
  • Pip
I just read this whole thread, and this is a very pathetic display of attempted programming.  Was the beginning and middle of the game so good that there's just tremendous pressure to make an ending so good that nobody can actually make it? 
Yes. Lol.

P.S.  Please, no minigame.  That will just delay this process (the release date was supposed to be like September 2008).  Plus it's rare for an RPG to have a minigame at the very end; usually that's where you just put repeated super battles with big bosses in a very lengthy dungeon.
The game doesn't have "battles" or things of the sort. It's all made out of minigames and custom systems, that's what we meant by minigames. If it had no minigames and just text then it would have no "final boss battle".
Standing up for what I believe in, even if it means standing alone.
So Mirthless, what is the status of the game, exactly?  20 days ago, you basically said you want someone to take it off of your hands.  20 days later, are you still waiting for someone to take it from you, have you been working on it, or have you shipped it to someone else?
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
So Mirthless, what is the status of the game, exactly?  20 days ago, you basically said you want someone to take it off of your hands.  20 days later, are you still waiting for someone to take it from you, have you been working on it, or have you shipped it to someone else?

This is a good question. Didn't Erave offer to finish it like three months ago?
The Misadventures of Crimebot
  • Call me Fid, just Fid.
  • Pip
No, I have not worked on the final chapter. I polished everything that's done to perfection. I did some work for a final chapter about a month ago but now... I simple don't have the time. I'm taking 18 credits this semester and even if I wasn't, I think I can't even look at RM2k3 anymore. I passed the game to Massy2k6 but he got the curse too, he can't work on it. I passed it to Erave in case he decides to do something with it.
Standing up for what I believe in, even if it means standing alone.
  • Lord of Hotmogs
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
Just post it here Mirthless, the people who check this thread are mostly people concerned with the game and maybe someone would pick it up and finish it.
I hope I won't have to finish it, because I don't have RM2K3, and I've never used it, and my own project is pretty cursed as well :-D  Despite all of that, I think I might have to be the person who finishes it :-D
  • SPECIAL EFFECTS
  • PipPipPipPip
I could've just made an ending from my chapter. I hope you guys didn't fuck with my chapter.
I could've just made an ending from my chapter. I hope you guys didn't fuck with my chapter.

It's certainly possible that they did.  I get the sense that certain chapters contained plot devices that didn't make any sense, and they had to go back and try to reduce the amount of contradictions.
  • SPECIAL EFFECTS
  • PipPipPipPip
It's certainly possible that they did.  I get the sense that certain chapters contained plot devices that didn't make any sense, and they had to go back and try to reduce the amount of contradictions.

Changing other peoples' chapters, thus removing the point of a "chain" game? This isn't a community game, you guys. It's a Chain Game, each creator makes whatever they want that fits their style. The plot doesn't need to be cohesive, because it's not like a game made by a group of people, it's a game broken into pieces, each of which are supposed to be made by just one person. (Or team or whatever, if that's their style.) Working out bugs is alright though, those should be worked out. But adding the facesets into each chapter, and changing each chapter's plot?

You guys might as well rename the project, because this is no longer a Chain Game.

edit: also, if you were referring to my chapter, a bunch of what happened was suggested by other people who contributed a chapter. You know what? I still have the full game right up to before I passed it to Erave. I could easily just release it from then. I'll just do that, unless you guys provide a proper explanation for what exactly is going on.
Last Edit: September 11, 2009, 05:41:15 am by Chipotle
  • Ryoko's future hubby
  • PipPipPipPip
I agree completely about changing plot. That's not what a Chain Game is. If people insist on having this edited version than I want a 2nd version that isn't edited. I didn't spend all that time on my chapter than wait 2 years just so someone can come along and make my work meaningless.
Peace and Love
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
I agree completely about changing plot. That's not what a Chain Game is. If people insist on having this edited version than I want a 2nd version that isn't edited. I didn't spend all that time on my chapter than wait 2 years just so someone can come along and make my work meaningless.

Wow this is an overreaction

There is a difference between going back and editing spelling mistakes to make sure the names line up. I referred to Ae-Ledt as the King of Darkness in my chapter, except she was a woman. I overlooked that, or missed it through vague writing. Either way, there is nothing wrong with going back and changing her name to the Queen of Darkness. There is a difference between people adding their own ideas and work and people just GETTING IT WRONG. If you mix up everyone's gender and allegiance that isn't adding on to the chain game, that's you making a mistake. If you add a plot twist that changes their gender or allegiance, that is great! But just predicating your entire chapter on erroneous information (which causes everything after your chapter to be based on yours) makes the chain game MAKE NO SENSE AT ALL. And while I'm not saying it has to be fine literature, it can at least get from point A to point B.

Also RPG is right, just release your edition as is Mirthless and we will play it and be left wondering ???

Maybe we can pick it up in the next Chain Game (since we have no problem starting new ones).
  • SPECIAL EFFECTS
  • PipPipPipPip
Wow this is an overreaction

There is a difference between going back and editing spelling mistakes to make sure the names line up.

They also did stuff like add the same style facesets that Nessiah made all over the place, which I think was wrong.

Also RPG is right, just release your edition as is Mirthless and we will play it and be left wondering ???

No, fuck that, I'm going to release my own nonedited version real soon, this doesn't seem to be going anywhere.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
No, fuck that, I'm going to release my own nonedited version real soon, this doesn't seem to be going anywhere.

Yeah fuck that why would he release a painstakingly bug tested version
  • Caboose
  • PipPipPip
Give it to me, I will finish it.

Quote from: Evangel
You can't run from your past, S4D. YOU CAN'T RUN FROM YOUR PAST!
  • Mini-Game Mage
  • PipPipPipPip
Huh.

Can I redo my part while you guys are trying to finish this?
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
Huh.

Can I redo my part while you guys are trying to finish this?

No because I had to finish it and I don't want you to show me up