Movies X-Men Origins: Wolverine (Read 1574 times)

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Member
So this week cast members were revealed for the movie Wolverine, which is shooting right now.
I'm glad to see a lot of low popularity characters included, but there are also some big names being played by, well, big names.

Variety says that Daniel Henney has also joined the cast of 20th Century Fox's X-Men Origins: Wolverine, now filming in New Zealand, Australia and New Orleans.

Henney will portray Agent Zero, a member of the Weapon X program and an expert tracker with lethal marksman skills.

He'll be joining Hugh Jackman (Wolverine), Liev Schreiber (Sabretooth), Ryan Reynolds (Deadpool), Taylor Kitsch (Gambit), Will.i.am (Kestrel), Danny Huston (William Stryker), Dominic Monaghan (Barnell) and Lynn Collins (Silver Fox) in the Gavin Hood-directed pic, opening May 1, 2009.

Liev Shreiber and Ryan Reynolds are amazing actors, but I'm not sure they live up to my expectations. Reynold's has the attitude, but I just can't see him as a badass mercenary. Same with Liev Shreiber; the only reason I imagine he'd made a good Sabretooth is the fact that he's like 6'4.
The rest of the actors are not as big, and the characters are not as important, so I don't really care. But there's talk of spinoffs for Silver Surfer and Deadpool, however dreadful they may be, and part of me wants a really good actor to go along with the name.
Also, I'm really looking forward to this big Weapon X team thing, and I'm curious as to how Gambit and Beak will be involved. I'll say right now, if they are said to be involved with Weapon X this movie will suck.

Thoughts?
  • some sort of land-cow
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Premium Member
Reynolds as Deadpool would be pretty good casting, in my opinion. I think he can pull off the deadpan-psycho thing pretty well, plus he's showed he can already do action roles (like in Blade 3). I know he'll be silly like Deadpool but psychotic badass was always so much more a Jack Nicholson-ish sort of thing...
outerspacepotatoman
  • Gameboy Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
the only movie i've seen reynolds in other than van wilder was smokin' aces and it was really really difficult to take him seriously.

it was like he was just playing detective instead of acting
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
Reynolds as Deadpool would be pretty good casting, in my opinion. I think he can pull off the deadpan-psycho thing pretty well, plus he's showed he can already do action roles (like in Blade 3). I know he'll be silly like Deadpool but psychotic badass was always so much more a Jack Nicholson-ish sort of thing...

Wierd, Jack Nicholson was exactly who I had pictured.
Reynolds is really quick, smartassy humor, while I think deadpool is a little more profane.
Fingers crossed.
  • clockamite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
Well, I can't stand Wolverine, but I'm willing to put up with two hours of Hugh Jackman in leather pants if it means seeing Deadpool in a movie.
The real question is whether Ryan Reynolds can do the "gravelly, Demi Moore-like voice"...
http://harmonyzone.org
  • Ultimaweapon9
  • PipPipPip
Awesome!  Hopefully this will make up for X-Men: The Last Stand.  I mean, I enjoyed it, and all, but it kinda sucked.
  • Chicken Hunter
  • PipPipPipPip
Deadpool!? Gambit?! YES!!!!
  • I like RPGs.
  • PipPip
Ah yes. Let's heap on as many characters as we can. That ALWAYS makes a comic movie better.

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
D..Deadpool...

I had no intention of watching this film but... Deadpool. Oh shit I have to see this movie so much now.
now is the winter of our discontent
  • You're a poogawotta for saying chchchchchch
  • Pip
I hope that the wolverine character is mroe wild and animalistic, if that is even a word, in this movie. He was to much of a wuss in the X men movies compared to how he was in the wolverine comics.

Also Will I am.... I am not expecting a good perfomance by him, but I will probably see this movie on opening night, cause I don't have a real life.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
Also Will I am.... I am not expecting a good perfomance by him, but I will probably see this movie on opening night, cause I don't have a real life.

Don't worry, if I remember right, WillIAm's character is only a brief few seconds in the marvel universe, along with one of the other Weapon Xers. No doubt the script will change a lot of importances, but I think we can be sure that a stupid teleporter isn't going to mainstage while we have the likes of Deadpool and Gambit running around.

Here's some updates:
Set gallery starring Hugh Jackman as Weapon X and Liev Shreiber as Sabretooth. http://justjared.buzznet.com/2008/03/04/hugh-jackman-liev-schreiber/
FilmSchoolRejects is reporting that Wild Hogs, Mystery, Alaska and 3:10 to Yuma actor Kevin Durand will play The Blob in X-Men Origins: Wolverine:

Our source inside the production tells us that Durand was "live-scanned" for The Blob a while ago, but has just officially signed on to the project in recent days. Word is that he will be heading up to his native Canada to shoot scenes for the film sometime next week. This is also important because the rest of the production is happening half way across the world in New Zealand and Australia.
Video of Hugh Jackman and the actress I believe is playing Silver Fox on a carnival set. http://publish.vx.roo.com/thedaily/inarticlemini/?Channel=Tele-vision&ClipId=1418_246560&bitrate=300&Format=flash#

So I'm ecstatic that the Blob will finally make an appearance, and without a doubt he'll be introduced at the carnival scene.
But Liev Shreiber still looks iffy to me.
Last Edit: March 04, 2008, 08:40:13 pm by Eric
  • Will you walk the realms of Chaos with me?
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
next movie that must be made:
X-Men Origins: Deadpool
See, everyone knows Deadpool is the most badass dude.
now is the winter of our discontent
  • I like RPGs.
  • PipPip
Jesus Christ! So Sabretooth is just FAT WOLVERINE!?

• thx ds k?
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
Deadpool and Gambit :) :) :)
  • You're a poogawotta for saying chchchchchch
  • Pip
Haha, wow there are some brutal photos of sabertooth on there.

but ya, I am excited to see deadpool on screen like that. Also I was pissed gambit wasn't in the X men so I am super pumped about this.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
For anybody that follows the Marvel movie, The Silver Surfer origins movie is moving along now, with a script already in the works, and plans to actually show Galactus's face. Let's all just hope to hell for a Gladiator cameo.

About Wolverine though, the kid playing young Logan had been recast, because the first one had another movie to shoot when he was done, and apparently they didn't get their shit together quick enough. I doubt anyone cares though, the young Logan storyline blows ass as I'm sure the movie part will.
  • The man in the woods.

... this is all I can think about when you mention Deadpool.
  • Will you walk the realms of Chaos with me?
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
^best Deadpool moment. Ever.
  • ;Wyrm
  • PipPipPipPipPip
Ah yes. Let's heap on as many characters as we can. That ALWAYS makes a comic movie better.

Actually Deadpool was apart of the weapon X program so hes good, same with sabre ,  i believe Gambit was one of the first to meet wolvie ...

they all have there reason for being there  :fogetshrug:
Wyrm  | Madolah | ær