Food Tim & Eric Awesome Show (Great Job!) (Read 1288 times)

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Member
Well the DVD for this show comes out tuesday, so I thought I'd post about it.

Personally I love the show, but I get the impression a lot of people hate it. It is very dry humor, and while most people don't like it because of that, a lot of people don't like it because it tries to be funny by being serious. I know it's not extremely intelligent humor, but it's refreshing to me. It's on Adult Swim right now, I think on sunday nights, and they also have a live internet show, Tim & Eric Nite Live, and they also did Tom Goes to the Mayor, which was much more successful, in fact.
One of my favorite skits is Spaghet, a very ugly guy who does a poor job sneaking up on people and scaring them. Unfortunately no one is "spooked" as he calls it, but responds as though he was successful.

So what do you think of them? I want to know whether I'm allowed to speak of them here (surprise me).
  • Quoth the raven "Nevermore."
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Premium Member
I don't watch AS very regularly, so I've only seen the show a couple of times, but the times I did see it I thought it was pretty funny.

I've seen a lot more of Tom Goes to the Mayor. I remember back when that first came on, I thought it was really dumb, but then later I saw an episode with Michael Ian Black in it, and him and the mayor did this secret hand shake thing. Actually, I'll just show you because it won't be funny if I describe it.

I think that is probably the funniest thing I've ever seen on televison.
  • Quoth the raven "Nevermore."
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
And pretty much all of the Neil Hamburger episode.
Oh wow, Neil Hamburger was in an episode? That must be a pretty awesome one.

This is my favorite Neil video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NLYD2Jz2QXw

But not really for him, as much as for the interviewer. Something happens at the end that is just too funny.
Last Edit: April 17, 2008, 09:53:56 am by Impeal
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
Tom goes to the Mayor is one of my favourite shows on TV. I used to watch it pretty religiously when I would sit up til 4am to catch Adult Swim and eat Pizza and drink by myself. I haven't seen so much of Tim and Eric but I enjoyed quite a lot of what I did see. (I was also pretty grossed out by some of it.)

Anyway you make it sound like not many people like Tim and Eric, but I wouldn't be surprised if they had a bit of a cult following. They are pretty funny guys.
now is the winter of our discontent
  • clockamite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
I watched one episode and it was incredibly great and weird and funny... Then I watched the rest of the episodes, and none of them came close to the first one. Still, it was pretty good in small doses.
I never heard of 'Tom Goes To The Mayor', though, but it looks pretty good...
http://harmonyzone.org
  • ruined former youth seeking atonement
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
Tom goes to the Mayor is one of my favourite shows on TV. I used to watch it pretty religiously when I would sit up til 4am to catch Adult Swim and eat Pizza and drink by myself.

you know it might worry me how awesome this sounds! (i do similar things)

also: yes tim and eric awesome show great job is excellent. my favourite part is probably Dr. Steve Brule, but I also love dem beaver boys.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
I credit Tim and Eric alone for John C Reilly's rise back to fame.

But yea, I am honestly surprised by even a few people here that like them, I honestly do not know ANYONE who enjoys it in real life. SO yea I do the lonely pizza/beer thing at 4 am too.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
Thank god because I really thought I was the only guy sad enough to sit up, alone, drunk, watching cartoons at 4am.

But YES, while we are on the subject of Adult Swim, I am looking forward to the UK showing Season 2 of Frisky Dingo... Come on!
now is the winter of our discontent
  • Gameboy Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
Yeah this show is pretty great and also Tim and Eric went to my college  :shocking: so that makes it extra cool
  • Insane teacher
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
http://www.adultswim.com/americaloveslists/te_season2/index.html
brian chemicals
  • ruined former youth seeking atonement
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
Thank god because I really thought I was the only guy sad enough to sit up, alone, drunk, watching cartoons at 4am.

But YES, while we are on the subject of Adult Swim, I am looking forward to the UK showing Season 2 of Frisky Dingo... Come on!

yeah i'm also the only guy in the universe who does this so SNAP.

this is the lonely drunks topic, as well.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
Anyone else buy the season 1 dvd?

I have to say, I'm let down. It's not anywhere near as good as Tom Goes to the Mayor. Plus all my favorite episodes were the first ones in Season 2, so there's not really much I thought was AMAZING on season 1. Oh well.

OH yea, triple surprise > quadruple surprise
  • Insane teacher
season 2 is so much better than season 1 it's almost unfair to think of them as the same show.

and season 1 is actually good anyways, it just falls flat sometimes.
brian chemicals
tim and eric is so ridiculously funny. unfortunately, nobody else around me seems to really get it.

i think what really adds to the awesomeness of tim and eric is that theyve had ALL my favorite actors/comedians on their show (wom goes to the mayor included). patton oswalt, jack black and kyle gass (tenacious d. really. they fucking wrote TRIBUTE), daving fucking CROSS, brian posehn, miachael ian black... bob odenkurk (sp?),  jeff goldbloom (the physical embodiment of pure mystique).. does it get any better?! SARAH SILVERMAN. FRED SHINING-FUCKING-GOD WILLARD. tom goes to the mayor was a chronicle of fucking epic proportions.
  • Insane teacher
What I think really makes Tim and Eric is how much awful tv you watched and remembered. A lot of people like to say it's LOL MONKEY CHEESE RANDOM but I'd say maybe 90% of the show is parodical; it's just that if you don't have a sense of context for the parody it seems random. If you were around in the 80s or lived somewhere that played 80s esque shit, you know what they go for.

I lived in Puerto Rico for two years and used to go to India a lot, and both places had local programming exacty like Tim and Eric's sketches. Basically I think knowing the root of the material helps a lot!
brian chemicals