Topic: City of Villains (Read 727 times)

• now das fresh
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Member
So i just bought this game because it looked cool and krinsdeath was telling me it was really fun. So he's gonna enable his account and we're gonna play together. I don't know what server yet but tonight we'll start playing at around 6-7pm (PST). If anyone has an account or has any advice or anything let me hear it!
yes coulombs are "germaine", did you learn that word at talk like a dick school?
  • PipPipPipPip
I play this pretty heavily, what server are you guys gonna be on? I could join you up.
"If evil truly exists, it has been bred from the heart of men."
"Humans are lone animals living in society."
  • sea of vodka
never listen to krinsdeath when it comes to what mmos are fun ever
  • now das fresh
well i had been looking into it for a while now and he just gave me incentive to actually buy it. are you serious have you played it whats so bad about it?

Also I dont know what server yet i dont know anything about the game! i only just bought i havent even installed it or anything yet, since i'm at work. I'll update it once me and krin make our chars.
yes coulombs are "germaine", did you learn that word at talk like a dick school?
  • Will you walk the realms of Chaos with me?
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Premium Member
CoX is pretty fun but unless this changed, back when I played there was no real end game, and that blew.

Also the PvP was about as good as a motionless virgin in bed. Srsly.
  • now das fresh
im looking for more of a fun solo experience, or co-op. not really interested in PvP at all, so this game seems like it might be good for me! WoW is like mediocre/tedious/gets-old-fast solo with fun but broken pvp. GW is like pretty boring solo but is more PvP-centric anyway but I dont much care for PvP at all.
  • now das fresh
so this game has crashed twice now on creating a character (when i am choosing the appearance) so this is pretty gay!

edit: crashed a third time in a mission

[edit] upgraded video drivers and it runs fine now. goddamn the character creation rules. this game is pretty fun.
Last Edit: May 31, 2008, 05:01:48 pm by grape drink
  • 2nd oldest Crestfallen Few
  • PipPip
Pretty much what was said before CoV is fun, but it has no real end game. The end game is make a new character and start over again.

Also yes the character creation is the best of ANY game ever.
tnodekatemittuoforuoyefilotedocedsiht
  • PipPipPipPip
So, which server are you guys on so I can make a character on it??
  • now das fresh
Champion

this game isnt fun solo i figured out
  • PipPipPipPip
Solo isn't that great at the early levels because there's not a lot of stuff you can do but it becomes a lot more engaging around mid-game.

Also names would be great, I made a stone/stone brute named Badstone (SO ORIGINAL).
  • now das fresh
i have a stalker named Black Widowhawk, lvl 8.
  • BAA2U
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Also the PvP was about as good as a motionless virgin in bed. Srsly.

I am confused. This is a good thing in my book.
  • Is Forever Life really Life Forever?
I have a dual blade/reflex brute named The Grey Earl on Champion serv.

yes it is a badass name, I know.
  • sea of vodka
is that a fucking TEA JOKE
  • Hardcore.
  • PipPipPipPipPip

This is my character.  He was b-balling alone late one night when a wolf lunged at him from the bushes.  The beast bit him, but he was able to fight it off using his kung-fu training. But the wolf was in fact a werewolf, and now, a cursed man fights crime as Bark Lee.
Last Edit: June 05, 2008, 06:41:59 pm by Man-O-War
Admiral Robert E Lee: From an alternate reality in which the United States is an archipelago and the Civil War is fought at sea.
  • now das fresh
i played this for a while but it got really boring and hard. maybe i need to play with a bunch of people because it was fun when i had a big group, but solo or with one other person it was really gay and boring. you have to run so much!
  • Hardcore.
  • PipPipPipPipPip
i played this for a while but it got really boring and hard. maybe i need to play with a bunch of people because it was fun when i had a big group, but solo or with one other person it was really gay and boring. you have to run so much!

Do some newspaper missions, then do the bank robbery mission it gives you.  As a reward, you'll get a power that will give you 2 total hours of a movement power (probably jump or flight).  It should last long enough for you to earn your real movement power.
Admiral Robert E Lee: From an alternate reality in which the United States is an archipelago and the Civil War is fought at sea.
  • now das fresh
well i started doing the bank mission one but i couldnt solo it. i grouped with a warrior or whatever that was like 2 or 3 levels below me and we got to the end but wiped and he left and i havent played it since then. im guessing level 10 or 12 ill be able to learn flight or whatever (i can HOVER now which is really slow but it comes in handy when im trying to run somewhere and theres a building in the way, i can just float over it and not have to maneuver through alleys and shit).
  • Hardcore.
  • PipPipPipPipPip
well i started doing the bank mission one but i couldnt solo it. i grouped with a warrior or whatever that was like 2 or 3 levels below me and we got to the end but wiped and he left and i havent played it since then. im guessing level 10 or 12 ill be able to learn flight or whatever (i can HOVER now which is really slow but it comes in handy when im trying to run somewhere and theres a building in the way, i can just float over it and not have to maneuver through alleys and shit).

Level 14 is when you can get your real movement power.  It makes getting around a lot easier (and more fun).
I just created some characters on the Champion server.  When I get one up to your level we can have some fun times I tell you what.

I'm thinking of either going with Mind Controller Pharaoh Thoth or Plant Controller Dr. Martini.
Last Edit: June 05, 2008, 09:18:48 pm by Man-O-War