Topic: Play Soldat With Us (Read 4540 times)

• DragonSlayer o_O
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Member
Quote from: Warman11
I just installed it for kicks and I realized why I uninstalled it before.  Everything was so random and chaotic things were so hard to see because it runs in something like 320x240, and it was so hard to control.  I hated it.
640*480Also, it IS chaotic if you join in a middle of 4v4 or 5v5 ctf match. It's chaotic alright. :D​I prefer 3v3, but it's fun to have those larger matches as well.
To Never Be Known Is The Worst Death
  • Fuck off!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
It's chaotic and random if you suck bad and only do random shots. Once you know what the game is all about it's not very random, it's all about killing people and looking awesome doing it. It's probably the most satisfying game I've played when it comes to finding cool ways to kill people, and also a very tactical and team oriented game, while being very balanced (no matter what people say concerning the m79 or whatever). And what the hell does the the screen resolution have to do with anything?
Soldat...wooo

Set the pace again
  • [Utada Hikaru <3]
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Premium Member
Soon, #GWsoldat is filled with new people... and a new age will come.!
3v3 is the best way to play in soldat.

Set the pace again
  • ブラウンの人
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
I'll get into it once exams are over. hmm seems interesting
  • Star ninja and Québec random guy of GW
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
I played it and loved it. Sadly the only times where I can play it is when I have free time in college because it's the only place where I have access to a PC. :sad:
That sucks, when you have chance come to us on mIRC, we'd be glad to play in a server with you.

Set the pace again
  • Comrade!
If you haven't tried the game, you should. It's a LOTTA fun! ^o^ I tried getting on GW Soldat, but nobody was ever on. Now my comp's been reset! Lol.
Put some sand in my roommate's sheets today... :gwa:
  • B-U-N-C-H-I-E-S! BUNCHIES!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
Hey, fuck you, DS, you picture thief. >:
  • ::pulls another Hideo Kojima::
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
i need to play soldat with you guys again sometime when i am not busy.
has a girl in his bed. pot in his pipe and family guy on the tube. i like life
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
Quote from: Warman11
I just installed it for kicks and I realized why I uninstalled it before.  Everything was so random and chaotic things were so hard to see because it runs in something like 320x240, and it was so hard to control.  I hated it.
Like DS said it's 640x480, if your resolution is big and that seems tiny I suggest you try fullscreen mode (well, you should use fullscreen anyway).And it's true that Soldat can be chaotic at best, but personally I'd call it organized chaos. :D​(I haven't really had a situation where I have thought "wtf is going on" for years now, so after you get used to the game things DO make perfect sense.. Aside from some weird bugs :d)Anyways, Soldat is a great game, pretty much everything worth saying has been said about it, but yeah get it now and play with us.Also I might as well mention, if you didn't read the other GWSoldat topic DS linked to, that we have a great bot that makes playing Soldat on GWSoldat much more enjoyable!

big thanx to dragonslayer for sig!
  • Tech Suit Pilot: First Class
  • PipPipPipPipPip
i would play it again, But with my magic Aussie lag i would get RAPED.I remember last time i played DS, On my screen, i unloaded 1 styer clip into him, hit him with a law and 2 grenades, then reloaded and shot afew more at him before he killed me. On his screen, i missed almost every shot.I wasn't happy. I think he killed me with a knife too.....

[center][/center]
  • FIFTY FIFTY FIFTY
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
Yeah, unfortunately it was the lag that killed it for me, too. If you have as much as 0.1S LAG then you are totally out of synch and miss every time.I guess you counter that by aiming where you think they're going to go, but I don't like playing like that :(​.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
I think back when you used to play we had our shitty US server (the only server back then), which had a lot of connection problems too.Anyway, on a good server Soldat is way different, the reason why we have two servers is because this way both EU and US players can experience games with little lag. Might as well as mention that both of the servers run on a 100mbps network, and not some shitty cable meant for home use.Although it's true that in a game that is as fast-paced as Soldat is, lag is sometimes an issue, especially when EU players and US players want to play together, but that goes for any online action game.When you play on servers with higher lag, you gradually start to automatically adjust your playing accordingly. Most GW's regular Soldat players can play just as well on EU server as on US server, regardless of where they are from (well, not just as well probably, but I doubt the lag difference bothers anyone that much)Personally I am fine as long as my ping is less than 200, but I obviously enjoy playing more when my ping is around 50 or less (eg. when I play on our EU server).

• HO HO HO
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
Hello!I suggest all new players at least check this out, it's pretty informative: http://www.soldatforums.com/forum.asp?forum_id=94Basically, a few guys are producing a guide with simple tactics and such to help all new players interested in the game.Really, once you get up and running in #gwsoldat, you will literally wet your pants with joy. Everyone is (moderately) friendly, and once everyone gets active again (when i return, hohohoho...), it really is a cool environment.The game itself is best played with other people. Seriously. Don't even consider playing the bots. They will TAINT you, as the bots AI is not even COMPARABLE to playing online (trust me, i've been playing with them for months now).Also, don't make the mistake many of us made and find a weapon you like then stick with it. Experiment with the other weapons and try and get a feel for the different types.That's my two cents~
http://angrygeometry.wordpress.com
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
After a few busy weeks in school I've decided to continue setting aside at least a half an hour a day for soldat. Does this mean we might be having some tournaments or something soon? Like a weekend one?Anyway, Soldat is great. It doesn't really take alot of time to get things going. Playing with Gaming World is alot better because Pubs can be really easy and not much of a challenge. Here you also get to know who is around your skill and train with them.
http://marklisanti.tumblr.com/post/126620624/i-can-totally-relate-harold-i-am-a-farmer-and-i
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
Quote from: bloodbath
Does this mean we might be having some tournaments or something soon? Like a weekend one?
DS has been planning to keep one.

• Canadian Pride
  • Pip
Dicko, how much longer until your GLORIOUS return? :(

• HO HO HO
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
Quote from: Noz
Dicko how much longer until your GLORIOUS return? :(
I don't wanna say, it'll probably take longer :(​Also, what happened to Esp and Esh? They no longer admins?
http://angrygeometry.wordpress.com