Topic: Braid on XBLA (Read 1032 times)

• Genius
  • Group: Member
I've been following the progress of Braid for a while and so I snatched it as soon as it was released. This is the first XBLA game I've purchased and enjoyed it for the most part. The ending was genius and so were most of the puzzles. Though I was frustrated at many points, I think the originality and game design warrants that everyone should at least try the game.

Grave Spirit was released on July 11, 2006.
Click the banner for download.
View original release thread here
  • If this Disturbs you, then walk away...
  • PipPipPip
amazing game, enough said!
The last level is so godly. Although I do not have an xbox and patiently await the pc version. I couldn't help myself but spoil myself to see it. It is really really awesome.
  • Will you walk the realms of Chaos with me?
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Premium Member
So Raziel showed me this, but apparently there is a hidden story to this and IT IS PRETTY AWESOME. This is done by fans but it seems pretty legit for a hidden story....everything is all there.

Don't read if you haven't beaten the game (the whole topic is pretty good too): http://www.rllmukforum.com/index.php?showtopic=190136%C2%A0
Last Edit: August 15, 2008, 05:47:17 pm by HL
  • Insane teacher
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
BUMP GUESS WHO REVIEWED THIS GAME

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3169953
brian chemicals
  • Five foot ace of clubs?!?!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
Hahahaha holy shit. I was going to post his youtube video earlier about the game, but I decided not to because I didn't really want to bump it.
Every piece can be gotten as soon as you get to the room where it is. You don't ever get new abilities later that you can take back with you to earlier levels. That said, don't get hung up in one place forever. They made it easy to open all the levels for a reason. They didn't want people getting frustrated and giving up.

not entirely true. every piece except two can be gotten immediately, the two before the first "hunt" are obtainable only after you get the "hunt" piece, so you have to backtrack a room
the only qualm i had with the game is that i haven't the foggiest idea what the story meant

yahtzee's thing about the key breaking actually makes sense. in an area where going right makes time go forwards, and left makes time go backwards, you can't unlock a door from the right hand side because as you unlock it you're moving left and time goes backwards, meaning it relocks as it unlocks and your key is wasted
How do you guys make signatures? i can't figure it out
  • lauren's givin head
  • PipPipPip
not entirely true. every piece except two can be gotten immediately, the two before the first "hunt" are obtainable only after you get the "hunt" piece, so you have to backtrack a room
the only qualm i had with the game is that i haven't the foggiest idea what the story meant

yahtzee's thing about the key breaking actually makes sense. in an area where going right makes time go forwards, and left makes time go backwards, you can't unlock a door from the right hand side because as you unlock it you're moving left and time goes backwards, meaning it relocks as it unlocks and your key is wasted

plot analysis:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/xbox360/file/943284/53842

reading all that actually makes the game cooler.
Last Edit: September 17, 2008, 05:06:18 pm by TrickLobster
  • THE FAT ONE
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

I was just about to post this.

i'm baffled that kid is 18 and got famous over the internet.  WHY CAN'T I CORNER A STUPID MARKET AND MAKE MAD MONEY???

this review actually made me weep a little.
just a little though, and the tears were those of a manly rage. Rargh and all that.
"this game is so stupid and pointless" is a great quote from stupid pointless people
How do you guys make signatures? i can't figure it out
  • Fuck off!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
man

i just played through this and the final level wow. got goosebumps from it. Great game and anyone who hasn't completed it should do it right away (even if you have to use a guide to get the puzzle pieces) 'cause the ending is just phenomenal.