Topic: Chad Johnson changes surname to Ocho Cinco, hundley's head explodes (Read 407 times)

• SB is unaware that Dimmu sucks
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Premium Member
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3569580

CINCINNATI -- Chad Johnson is no more. It's officially Chad Ocho Cinco in the NFL.

Walker: Time To Win

He's a tremendous player with tremendous talent. But you start to wonder if Chad Ocho Cinco will be remembered more for his ability or his antics, James Walker writes in his AFC North blog.

The Cincinnati Bengals announced Thursday that they have begun "the process of listing the former Chad Johnson as Chad Ocho Cinco for all club business, per the legal change of his surname effected in Florida.

"The list of appropriate changes will include Ocho Cinco wearing his new surname on the back of his jersey for Sunday's season opener at Baltimore."

Ocho Cinco officially changed his name to Chad Javon Ocho Cinco in Broward County, Fla., last week. The league had not changed his name on its Web site or the team's Web site.

Chad Ocho Cinco

Ocho Cinco

"It's something I don't think anyone has ever done before," the Pro Bowl receiver told the Bengals' Web site last week. "Have I ever had a reason for why I do what I do? I'm having fun."

Two years ago, Johnson gave himself the moniker in reference to his uniform number 85 -- Ocho Cinco means "eight five" in Spanish -- and put it on the back of his uniform before a game. Quarterback Carson Palmer ripped it off before the kickoff. After the season, coach Marvin Lewis -- who dislikes Johnson's attention-getting stunts -- referred to the receiver as "Ocho Psycho."

The receiver asked the media to start calling him by his new name this week. The Bengals couldn't change the name on his uniform until the NFL gave permission.

In an e-mail to The Associated Press on Thursday, league spokesman Greg Aiello said simply: "It's his legal surname."

The receiver has declined to talk about the motivation for his attention-getting change. Lewis said the receiver had been considering it since last March.

Johnson has been a concern for the Bengals this season. He unsuccessfully lobbied for a trade in the offseason, threatening to sit out if he didn't get his way. When the Bengals refused, he relented and showed up for minicamp, but complained that his right ankle was bothering him.

He had bone spurs removed from the ankle and was limited at the start of training camp. In the second preseason game, he landed awkwardly and temporarily dislocated his left shoulder. Johnson is wearing a harness and expects to play in the season opener against Baltimore on Sunday.
--- Back when we were young and loved the internet....
  • MUSULMAEN
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
attention whore
  • Firbolg Warrior
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
I just noticed that a few minutes ago when I was looking through the teams for the GW Football League.  I think it'd be hilarious if he got traded next week and had to wear a different number.
Gaming World Mini City: Population, Industry, Transportation, Security Current rank 3950.
Click a different link each day.
  • The sun sets forever over Blackwater park
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I live in Ohio so I get to hear about this guy all the time, and in my opinion he is what makes the NFL worth watching. He is the best professional troll there is!
  • professional disappointment
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
actually yeah, my head did explode when i read this

i cannot get my mind around chad johnson's stupidity
  • Group: Member
He should concentrate on playing football and not about craving attention.  I cant stand him.
Nothing beat the classic arcade games from the 80's.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
That's awesome, Ocho Cinco fuckin rules
  • lauren's givin head
  • PipPipPip
silly black people.
  • Contender
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
That.. Is the stupidest nam.. No wait Talula does the hula in hawaii is but this is a close second.

• wake up with the king
  • Pip
Is this better than Chad Ochenta y Cinco?
Max 1000; characters remaining: 965

That's awesome, Ocho Cinco fuckin rules

Word. Trust me...he's gonna fight like a muh'f**** to live till 85 just so this name works for him again...unless he registers a new name before then.

"I let my pants hang low...I'm from the hood and that's how shit go!"
  • Who's the boss? Not you, bitch.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
that's cool as hell. i'm also changing my last name to ocho cinco so i can say we're related.
Barkley, Shut Up and Jam: Gaiden
I think its hilarious that the NFL is making him buy all of his Johnson jerseys in order for him to wear Ocho Cinco on his jersey.  $4 million to wear a last name    haha
Nothing beat the classic arcade games from the 80's.