Movies Last movie you watched? (Read 104065 times)

• my freinds call me theo but u can call me god
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Member
never seen it's a wonderful life? really?

i know somewhere in life i must've failed

also no i really haven't seen a christmas carol although i do remember seeing commercials from the 2009 one. i almost never watch movies at christmas
  • Lichens!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Premium Member
This is what I was thinking too.

I might be able to understand not seing "It's a wonderful life" but you seriously haven't seen A Christmas Carol? You know... like Scrooge and the ghost of Christmas Past and stuff? Ringing any bells?

I'm not trying to be a dick or anything, I just cannot fathom how you haven't seen any version of A christmas Carol.
I'm trying to be a dick.  Who the fuck hasn't seen a christmas carol or at least doesn't know what it is.   Have you like never taken a basic middle school literature class?
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
man

is devil good or watchable? I had to pick between that and resident evil and I think I fucked up

well I know I fucked up butdamn that shit was horrible

i thought devil was decent, not great by any means but i had the same choice you did and i don't regret it

is resident evil good? it just looks like laughable garbage to me, but i keep hearing more and more that it's good which is kind of shocking because afaik it's only resident evil by name now
  • GW Staff: Article Alcoholic (Current Mood: Happy!)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
I'm trying to be a dick.  Who the fuck hasn't seen a christmas carol or at least doesn't know what it is.   Have you like never taken a basic middle school literature class?
:shady: I've never seen it AND I have no idea what it's about.
  • The Corrector
  • PipPipPipPipPip
I just watched The Game with Michael Douglas.  It's directed by David Fincher, who is awesome (he made Fight Club).  It's a pretty crazy movie with a ton of twists, but the twists actually make perfect sense and are part of the plot rather than a stupid afterthought (like most of today's movies).
  • TV people want to leave
:shady: I've never seen it AND I have no idea what it's about.

seriously????

i don't care if you've never seen any adaptation of it you have to at LEAST know the basic premise to get along in this society what is wrong with you
I love this hobby - stealing your mother's diary
BRRING! BRRING!
Hello!  It's me, Vellfire!  FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER! ... Bye!  CLICK!  @gidgetnomates
a drama professor at my old uni looked just like scrooge (only he was an insanely nice guy) and he puts on a one man performance of it every year, it's incredibly great (again because he LOOKS THE PART so well)
BRRING! BRRING!
Hello!  It's me, Vellfire!  FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER! ... Bye!  CLICK!  @gidgetnomates
  • PipPipPipPip

Well it's hard not to know that "a christmas carol" is a movie that is a christmas carol.

Aside from that, you're right. I've never seen that movie and thus I am a menace to society.
  • PEW PEW PEW
seriously????

i don't care if you've never seen any adaptation of it you have to at LEAST know the basic premise to get along in this society what is wrong with you
no remember he's a jehovah's witness, they don't celebrate christmas
  • PipPipPipPip
christmas was the time the lord gave his life to forgive your sins and don't you forget that
  • Woo Woooooooo!
  • Pip
Wall Street: Money Never Sleeps. If you've ever seen Wall Street, it's a worthy sequel. Michael Douglas reprises his role as Gordon Gekko just out of prison, and plays it extremely well, with the protagonist being Shia LaBeouf who is marrying Gordon's daughter, and is coincedentally a Wall Street broker.
Aside from that, you're right. I've never seen that movie and thus I am a menace to society.

the problem isn't that you haven't seen some movie version of it it's that you don't seem to know ANYTHING about it, that's like not knowing the basic premise of romeo and juliet.  doesn't matter if you've never seen a movie of it or read it or anything you still HAVE A CLUE

same goes for mateui.  for shame.
BRRING! BRRING!
  • Fuckin' A.
read a book
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
the problem isn't that you haven't seen some movie version of it it's that you don't seem to know ANYTHING about it, that's like not knowing the basic premise of romeo and juliet.  doesn't matter if you've never seen a movie of it or read it or anything you still HAVE A CLUE

Oh wait, is this the story of the rich guy who is too greedy to give gifts to other people/children, and then 3 ghosts come to haunt him during one night to teach him lessons in morality? Yeah, then I know about it, I just never knew that the Christmas Carol was its name. See, I'm not fully ignorant of it.  :laugh:

Anyway, this has got me thinking - what are the films that are REQUIRED viewing in order to function in society? Ok, maybe not necessarily to function, but movies that pretty much everyone has to see for some reason or another.
  • PEW PEW PEW

child&videogame

I bet you don't know the plot of golden sun 2 do you.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
I just watched The Game with Michael Douglas.  It's directed by David Fincher, who is awesome (he made Fight Club).  It's a pretty crazy movie with a ton of twists, but the twists actually make perfect sense and are part of the plot rather than a stupid afterthought (like most of today's movies).
Incidently I just watched it again tonight. I really enjoyed this film both times I've seen it. I like how the viewing experience is completely different a second time. Its why I love films with twists. Some say they lose something on a second viewing, but I think they just get enhanced because you're able to pick up on the little hints that are dropped along the way.
  • PipPipPipPip

never did say i didn't know anything about it though. i've seen a few commercials of the 2009 carol and that's it.
  • brown priyde yea mayne
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
CANDYMAN.  I was thoroughly impressed.  Even got to see some tit.  In all seriousness, it started out looking like a cheap thrills horror film with overt racial themes, but got increasingly psychological as it progressed.  The soundtrack was a nice touch (use choral arrangements and organs wooOOoo i'm phillip glass) Really worked for the film.
keep posting...
  • Lichens!
never did say i didn't know anything about it though. i've seen a few commercials of the 2009 carol and that's it.
h
ahahahahahahahaha
  • Scanner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
Spongebob Squarepants movie. First time.

It was... really good.