Topic: Last movie you watched? (Read 104065 times)

• more cowbell!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Premium Member
inception would have been better with ellen paiges character written out. not that i don't like ellen paige, i do, but the character just shouldn't have been there.

also, i saw the expendables. and it was a lot of fun, i don't know what you're talking about. loved it.
http://www.fallingbot.com/
  • What, me worry?
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
inception would have been better with ellen paiges character written out. not that i don't like ellen paige, i do, but the character just shouldn't have been there.

also, i saw the expendables. and it was a lot of fun, i don't know what you're talking about. loved it.
The character had to be there as an entry point for the audience into the world of Inception. This ain't Lost where they can throw up an instructional video and have Dr Pierre Chang talk about how all this shit works.
  • Lichens!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
man i was like really bored during the expendables.  like yay explosions and stuff but i guess i'm not really super into that kind of action movie and what not? 
  • I fear and I tremble
it wasn't fun dude it was so fucking corny and lame

the crank movies are good action movies, they're stupid movies that the filmakers know are stupid so they have fun with it. Expendables was the total opposite.

I mean I watched it and didn't leave so I guess it wasn't godawful. I took my gf though and she didn't like it at all and kept fidgiting and sighing and shit so that probably took away from the experience a little more.
DEUCE: MEETING THE URINE UP CLOSE AND PERSONAL AND REALIZING IT'S JUST LIKE ME AND MY PREJUDICES  THIS WHOLE TIME WERE COMPLETELY FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF PTTTTHTHTHH GOD IT'S EVERYWHERE<br />DEUCE: FUCK THIS TASTES LIKE PISS<br />PANTS: WHERE IT SHOULD TASTE LIKE COTTON CANDY OR PICKLES<br />DEUCE: OR AT LEAST LIKE URINE NOT PISS
  • brown priyde yea mayne
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Member
uh man she was probably wanting to s your d
keep posting...
  • I fear and I tremble
it was that and the fact that she hated the movie and had to pay for it because they wouldn't take my debit card :(
DEUCE: MEETING THE URINE UP CLOSE AND PERSONAL AND REALIZING IT'S JUST LIKE ME AND MY PREJUDICES  THIS WHOLE TIME WERE COMPLETELY FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF PTTTTHTHTHH GOD IT'S EVERYWHERE<br />DEUCE: FUCK THIS TASTES LIKE PISS<br />PANTS: WHERE IT SHOULD TASTE LIKE COTTON CANDY OR PICKLES<br />DEUCE: OR AT LEAST LIKE URINE NOT PISS
  • more cowbell!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
hmm. see, i didn't really like crank. i mean, yeah, it was dumb and it was MEANT to be dumb, but i didn't enjoy it at all. something about it, i dunno. the expendables, though, was really stupid and ridiculous and i was really entertained.
  • Scanner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
I liked the first Crank. Crank 2 was good if only because it was a trip down "lets completely ignore reality and physics and sense" lane by about a 1000 degrees more.
  • Ultimaweapon9
  • PipPipPip
I just bought the whole Rambo collection on Blu Ray, having seen none of them before.  I have weird gaps in my 80s culture.

First Blood was great, Rambo First Blood Part 2 was ok.  Starting Rambo 3.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
I saw a fargo a week ago and it was pretty good.

It always sounded boring to me and though I love the coen bros movies I really had to force myself to start watching it
macy's character was really annoying and boring but frances mcdermott and steve buschemi's characters were great, and i have always thought peter stormare was awesome and underrated

this movie just makes me want to rewatch 'burn after reading' something fierce
  • more cowbell!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
burn after reading is one of my favorites. really funny movie.

just finished watching 'four lions'. pretty funny movie, but the ending is... strange. it was almost... sweet? i dunno. funny stuff though.
  • Ultimaweapon9
  • PipPipPip
I just bought the whole Rambo collection on Blu Ray, having seen none of them before.  I have weird gaps in my 80s culture.

First Blood was great, Rambo First Blood Part 2 was ok.  Starting Rambo 3.

So Rambo 3 wasn't great.  Easily the worst of them.  But Rambo (the 4th one; this series is probably one of the worst named in the history of movies) was actually really good.  The dark grittiness called back to First Blood and it was a nice little cap to the series.

Now I'm watching season 1 of Dexter.  Only three episodes in but I like it so far.
  • Master of Puppets
  • PipPipPipPipPip
I also watched The Expendables. It was pretty bad, but it was still my 2nd favorite movie with both Dolph Lundgren and Sylvester Stallone.

I hated how much they counted on CG for stuff. Like in the first 3 minutes they have computer generated laser sights. Why? Are laser sights really THAT hard to film? And Ahnold was only in the movie so they could say he was in the movie, the movie would not suffer at all if he wasn't there.
Last Edit: September 04, 2010, 05:06:50 am by Puppet Master
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
Watched something called Salt, I didnt like it.
http://steamsignature.com][/url]
  • Ò_Ó
You watched a bag of salt?? no wonder it wasn't very entertaining hehe.....
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
Yeah going to go check out Pepper now.

I wana spice things up.....
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
... yeah I'm not funny
  • Ò_Ó
Don't be so hard on yourself massy
  • clockamite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
I just watched an old Hammer scifi film called Quatermass & The Pit. It was really good! Like uh I probably shouldn't go into the story since the whole film was about serious men in tweed jackets gradually figuring things out but it started off with the discovery of an alien spaceship buried in the London Underground and used that as the basis for a kind of SECRET RACE MEMORY of occultism and genocidal violence and builds it into a whole thing. One of the reasons I liked it so much is that it doesn't beat you over the head with Edge of Your Seat Entertainment!!! Spectacle  of The Year ~ Empire Magazine. Like it's not dull either but it uh hooks you along with good ideas and tension and curiosity before bringing in the big guns in the form of an enormous demonic horned martian silhouette looming over a burning London while people scramble over each other like rats as they react to these buried subconscious thoughts. Basically it felt like a cohesive whole built around an idea with a lot of thought put into it and I liked that.
Last Edit: September 06, 2010, 01:55:11 am by thecatamites
http://harmonyzone.org
  • Fuckin' A.
the tv drama was better imo. the quatermass experiment was good too