Funny Really Awesome Infomercial Products!!! (Read 1042 times)

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Member
I work the 3-11 shift at my job, so my downtime during the week is usually from about 11-5 in the morning. Cause of this, I see a lot of infomercials.
I have my favorites, Shamwow, Ronco's cutlery infomercial, the pedegg, and of course, my absolute favorite is the Magic Bullet. Most of these things are pretty worthless to me, and though they do seem appealing, I'm a rational person and don't give in to things like these.

But shit, that Magic Bullet sounds awesome!

Thing is, christmas is around the corner, and I have like 5 house-holds to buy gifts for. Magic Bullets would be great, because the infomercials sell them 2 for 1. So I could buy 3 of them, give 2 to the other friends of mine, and have a magic bullet of my own too!

But I'm worried about how legit these are, since I don't know anyone who's ever used an infomercial, and I'm afraid for the quality of the magic bullet.
So I ask of you, do you have any experience with the magic bullet?

If not, I'd love to hear anything about infomercials you like or have dealt with!
  • The Lunatic Is On The Grass.
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Premium Member
May I ask what this magic bullet is? I even googled it, but I only found a blender (called magic bullet blender), unless you ARE talking about a blender.
  • Avatar of something bizarre and impractical
  • It's The Only Thing.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
My stepsister has a magic bullet. It is legit.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
Yep the blender.

It's not so impressive if you call it a blender, but the trick is instead of putting everything in a blender, you put your food in these various sized cups, and the cups hook into a blade, which blends the food.

It's actually pretty cool, and the infomercial's terrible scenario acting makes it amazing!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
Magic Bullets are fucking awesome. I've got one myself and I always use it, it's so good.
  • Insane teacher
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
dude i like to cook but even i can't imagine needing a blender that small for anything.
brian chemicals
  • TV people want to leave
Don't order shit from infomericals.  A lot of the time they either bill you extra, send you more than you ordered (and bill you for them), or bill you for any number of the item and don't even send it.  Then, for obvious reasons, it's impossible to get a hold of anyone to fix it (sometimes the help number doesn't even WORK).  Try finding it in a store somewhere (they have As Seen on TV stores for just this type of thing).  Just don't order straight from the infomercial.
I love this hobby - stealing your mother's diary
BRRING! BRRING!
Hello!  It's me, Vellfire!  FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER! ... Bye!  CLICK!  @gidgetnomates
yeah i second that. ordering from tv is pretty sketch. get it from a store if you can.
my sister got me one for christmas a couple years ago- good gift. we used to watch the infomercial for that repetitively... we're freaks...
  • Group: Guest
if you ever see any informercials (god i hate that stupid term) selling scorpion dolls...i think you should buy one
no way guys.....buy a sub-zero doll
BRRING! BRRING!
Hello!  It's me, Vellfire!  FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER! ... Bye!  CLICK!  @gidgetnomates
  • The sun sets forever over Blackwater park
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
the best one ever is the sham-wow

I want to know what the fuck is really going on in those commercials lol
  • Premium Member
  • PipPipPip
I really want a sham-wow and I feel guilty for being such a sucker about it
sorrow is the key that gets our tears out of eye jail.
  • C-Flow FTW!
  • PipPipPipPip
the miracle blade 3 PERFECTION series with chef tony

those were the days man, cutting holes in walls then tomatoes. holy shjit.
Quote from: Louie82Y
LOLWTU? You teh luight sbarMAN N9WOAIWIA !I AM ONE TOTO IM A MAST OMFG LINK BREAK ONSKAE AND BUGS ANG GUTS AND ASTLOOS SOTNES STEOPSDMS PLEASD SAMAKE ME ADMIN
  • Insane teacher
chef tony released some MAKE GOLDEN CHICKEN IN YOUR MICROWAVE kit a while back and they reviewed it and discovered the golden browning only worked with his sauce packets used, which were surprise surprise mostly golden brown in color. the chicken was pink.
brian chemicals
  • now das fresh
has anyone ever seen/used one of those ron popeil rotisserie things?
yes coulombs are "germaine", did you learn that word at talk like a dick school?
  • Forever into Nowhere
  • PipPipPipPip
Damn, I thought this thread would be for sharing ridiculous infomercial products.  Here you are anyway:

Never heard of the Magic Bullet.  Haven't ever ordered anything from the tube either.  Good luck, though!
For every moment of triumph, for every instance of beauty, many souls must be trampled.
Hunter S. Thompson
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
I'm also glad that more people than me are having problems spelling informercial.

Like I said though, the only reason I want to order from the TV is that they sell them for 25$ a piece, as opposed to in store where they go for double. I've looked around on ebay and I found some for around 30-35, but unless it's completely unsafe I'd like to get that deal! What can I say I'm a fan!

Also, the thing that makes the sham-wow and Ronco's rotisserie knife commercials so good is that they have a fake studio audience.
I'm also glad that more people than me are having problems spelling informercial.

Like I said though, the only reason I want to order from the TV is that they sell them for 25$ a piece, as opposed to in store where they go for double. I've looked around on ebay and I found some for around 30-35, but unless it's completely unsafe I'd like to get that deal! What can I say I'm a fan!

You should still never order from an infomercial.  I know it sounds cheaper, but a lot of time they add on extra fees for whatever they feel like.  And like I said, sometimes they'll charge you for more than one product (and occasionally may actually send you the other one, but usually they don't) and you can't get ANYONE to fix it.  I don't know about this one in particular, but I've read tons and tons of other stories about other infomercials.  Most infomercials are scams, and I wouldn't risk it on whether or not this is one.  At least if you buy it from a store you can find the store later, if you buy it through the infomercial there's no telling whether or not their phone number will even work when you call to complain.

Would you rather pay the extra $5-10 for something you know you'll get, or would you rather pay $25 and possibly end up paying $50 with nothing you can do about it?

Also infomercial is a correct spelling Eric, and the more widely used one.
BRRING! BRRING!
whoa. that mask video is creepy. it's as if they're purposely doing it to scare people. may as well jus be a jason mask..
  • What do you fear?
  • PipPip
But shit, that Magic Bullet sounds awesome!
I saw that infomercial one time and  made my mom promise to give it to me as a college gift. Make anything in 6 seconds or less!

*PAUSE CAMERA*
*BLEND THE CRAP OUT OF THE FOOD*
*RESUME CAMERA*
6!
Done.

Simple.