News Massive Greek Protests Spark Solidarty Protests Across Europe (Read 1373 times)

• Pip
  • Group: Member
http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5hOJuFJaHKzesQ2L6lRnfBKvHouiAD950OQ2O0

I was surprised there wasn't already a topic about this because this is pretty important...

Anyways, in short, some police basically shot a 15 year old kid in cold blood in Greece (according to witnesses), which trigged protests all over Greece.  Of course the protests are more related to the Greek government policy in general rather than just this isolated incident.  Oh man, I have to go so I can't say more...  I'll post more later maybe.

Pictures:
http://athens.indymedia.org/front.php3?lang=el&article_id=933717
http://athens.indymedia.org/front.php3?lang=en&article_id=933804
  • I fear and I tremble
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Premium Member
I don't agree with the violence but I guess with these kinds of events sometimes that can't be helped. At least they're making their voices known and I commend them for that.
DEUCE: MEETING THE URINE UP CLOSE AND PERSONAL AND REALIZING IT'S JUST LIKE ME AND MY PREJUDICES  THIS WHOLE TIME WERE COMPLETELY FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF PTTTTHTHTHH GOD IT'S EVERYWHERE<br />DEUCE: FUCK THIS TASTES LIKE PISS<br />PANTS: WHERE IT SHOULD TASTE LIKE COTTON CANDY OR PICKLES<br />DEUCE: OR AT LEAST LIKE URINE NOT PISS
  • It's A Short Eternity... live with it
hahaha i can just picture fatty overturning some cars with a bunch of people on the street....... and not really knowing why
  • thx ds k?
my.. my people. :(

stay strong fatty. keep the revolution going.
  • Pip
http://libcom.org/news/photos-published-greek-policefascist-collaboration-10122008
http://garizo.blogspot.com/2008/12/neo-fascists-side-by-side-with-police.html

In accompanying notes, the blogger said: "The police are using neo-fascists and policemen in plain clothes, with rocks and sticks, pretending to be demonstrators who are targeting either the demonstrators or vandalizing small shops and houses, trying to divert the climate and scare off the everyday citizens.

"The pictures are from Patra city, where Policemen in plain clothes and Neo Fascists were clashing with demonstrators AND caught vandalizing small shops in the city. This was confirmed this morning by the Mayor of city of Patra, this morning on a major TV channel (Alpha)."
Last Edit: December 13, 2008, 08:12:16 am by last life
  • I fear and I tremble
I just remembered I got a buddy that caught a ship a few months ago in Greece and he said he was supposed to come home today but he didn't.
I hope not, but this might actually have something to do with it... The ship he was on hopped around alot between a few countries though but I hope they didn't drop him off in the middle of that shit.
DEUCE: MEETING THE URINE UP CLOSE AND PERSONAL AND REALIZING IT'S JUST LIKE ME AND MY PREJUDICES  THIS WHOLE TIME WERE COMPLETELY FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF PTTTTHTHTHH GOD IT'S EVERYWHERE<br />DEUCE: FUCK THIS TASTES LIKE PISS<br />PANTS: WHERE IT SHOULD TASTE LIKE COTTON CANDY OR PICKLES<br />DEUCE: OR AT LEAST LIKE URINE NOT PISS
  • i am a swordsman
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
A bunch of people in my town started destroying the glass doors in every bank they encountered. Oh and the local nazi  group members started snitching everybody that goes to the protests so that they mark them as "unclean leftwings"

I FUCKING HATE THIS PLACE.
  • professional disappointment
hey apart from HEY WE HACKED YOUR HARDON COLLIDER JERKS i think this is the first time greece has made world news in 2300 years. keep it up guys!!! you'll have the money to invade turkey one of these days
  • Power to the flowers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
hey apart from HEY WE HACKED YOUR HARDON COLLIDER JERKS i think this is the first time greece has made world news in 2300 years. keep it up guys!!! you'll have the money to invade turkey one of these days

nah man, their trees burn every fucking year
  • The Irrepressible
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
I know a kid was shot. I know that's bad. But I still don't see how you can justify running around and destroying your city because of that. It's not going to work. Eventually it's all going to peter out and you'll have to clean up. An insurrection? I think they forget who has GUNS.
"I would be totally embarassed to write this, even as a fakepost. it's not funny except in how you seem to think it's good. look at all the redundancies, for fuck's sake. "insipid semantics, despicable mediocrity" ugh gross gross. I want to take a shower every time I read your prose." -Steel
  • i am a swordsman

woah i just found out about this

also the neo-fascists actually still want greece to wage war against turkey and pretty much every country that shares its borders with ours

oh and reclaim cyprus ofcourse

Most, if not all, of the Golden Dawn(the greek nationalist neo-fascists) have some really BIZARRE ideas. I mean, not just outright stupid and racist/hateful but I heard a guy say something across the lines of "Meh, can you really fall in love with an Albanian chick?". Also, fun fact, I tried pointing out that he was a racist douche and everyone in the room jumped on me for denying his freedom of opinion. BOY, THIS COUNTRY IS FUCKED  :fogetsmile:
Last Edit: December 13, 2008, 10:22:37 pm by fatty
  • What, me worry?
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
Is it just me or would this make a really good movie?
  • i am a swordsman
I have no idea but you should try it out! It'd definitely give you credit in the Greek media.
woah i just found out about this

also the neo-fascists actually still want greece to wage war against turkey and pretty much every country that shares its borders with ours

The failure of the colonels has yet to catch up with those types.
  • professional disappointment
just you
  • SB is unaware that Dimmu sucks
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
I know a kid was shot. I know that's bad. But I still don't see how you can justify running around and destroying your city because of that. It's not going to work. Eventually it's all going to peter out and you'll have to clean up. An insurrection? I think they forget who has GUNS.

Change will not come from above.

Mao also said that power comes through the barrel of a gun (whatever you think about mao he's essentially 100% correct).

Name me a succesful attempt at massive change/revolution that did not involve violence, you cannot because violence is literally the only way for change to occur. This is the problem with gradualists, gradualism never works.
--- Back when we were young and loved the internet....
  • None of them knew they were robots.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Name me a succesful attempt at massive change/revolution that did not involve violence, you cannot because violence is literally the only way for change to occur. This is the problem with gradualists, gradualism never works.

Indian independence movement
Play Raimond Ex (if you haven't already)

I'll not TAKE ANYTHING you write like this seriously because it looks dumb
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
Also i'm not defending the second ammendment or anything, the people who flaunt their second ammendment rights are the people who would stand no chance against an imperialist army/organized police. Only dedicated party paramilitary groups (like the revolutionaries in china in the 20's, russia in the teens, and elsewhere around the globe) stand a chance against a dedicated military group.

The second ammendment kind of blows!!!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
Indian independence movement

This isn't true whatsoever and it's pretty laughable.

Ghandi's movement was a faction in india, there was violent insurrection all over the country especially during the world wars. The only reason ghandi's movement is given the credit it has is the same reason why Martin Luther King is given most of the credit for the civil rights movement and the Black Panthers are not: It's revisionist history by the elites who were in control to make the whole movement look better.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HEY LOOK WERE ALL BUDS I MEAN YOU TECHNICALLY HAVE "FREEDOM" AS LONG AS YOU SHUT YOUR MOUTHS AND WORK FOR VERY LITTLE MONEY AND LIVE IN TERRIBLE CONDITIONS

SEE HOW AWESOME NONVIOLENT RESISTANCE IS? WERE COOL GUYS TOO