Topic: Massive Greek Protests Spark Solidarty Protests Across Europe (Read 1373 times)

• thx ds k?
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Premium Member
Also Truth you should stop being so loud and angry it looks pretty bad. I guess you are still a fat, ugly nerd tho so maybe I can look over it but courtesy is a feat never too late to learn no matter the excuse

that's pretty mean, dude!
  • SB is unaware that Dimmu sucks
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
Oh hi, my country went from colony to a sovereign nation without a single bullet fired, but I guess it's easy to disregard it as a minor change/revolution with your definition of massive pending (assuming it might encompass a country that's been a colony for nearly 600 years under two different colonial powers then maybe it'll pass through the eye of your needle?).

Also Truth you should stop being so loud and angry it looks pretty bad. I guess you are still a fat, ugly nerd tho so maybe I can look over it but courtesy is a feat never too late to learn no matter the excuse :)

Cheerio!

Without a single bullet fired? So the war against England that forced the Danish to give norway up had nothing to do with it becoming a sovereign nation? Also if i'm not mistaken Norway is still a monarchy to this day. I think you've missed the entire point lars.

Your idea that I am being "loud and angry" and that it "looks bad" are pretty hilarious as well! I suppose for a person like yourself who is a well off crypto-fascist the current system is fine but for many around the world capitalism is not fine, it is fundamentally destructive to their very being. Saying that a person shouldn't be angry about that is absurd. And you end with a personal attack which has literally nothing to do with the thread!!! Thanks Lars you're a great guy!!!!!!!!!!
--- Back when we were young and loved the internet....
  • None of them knew they were robots.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
But what is the point of being angry about it if it doesn't change anything at all. You're just being angry for nothing, for free.
Play Raimond Ex (if you haven't already)

I'll not TAKE ANYTHING you write like this seriously because it looks dumb
  • Fuck off!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Member
Without a single bullet fired? So the war against England that forced the Danish to give norway up had nothing to do with it becoming a sovereign nation?
Which marked the transfer of Norway as a colony of Denmark to being one of Sweden.

Also if i'm not mistaken Norway is still a monarchy to this day. I think you've missed the entire point lars.
The monarchy is symbolic.

also yes anger on the internet: highway to freedom & prosperity (insert Karl Marx quote)
Last Edit: December 27, 2008, 04:19:58 pm by larsdood
  • Insane teacher
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
That's my whole point, the narrative is pushed by the wealthy and the ones in power, it is in their best interest to push nonviolent resistance like Ghandi and King. Also it's kind of laughable to call Malcolm and Bose nonviolent resistance, especially Bose who led a military coup!

What do you think was more influential in getting the civil rights act passed, the montgomery bus boycotts or the montgomery riots?

what. I never said they were non violent. I took issue with the fact you think the poor people of india only know gandhi or some shit. nope, they know bose just as well! I'm not sure why you think the government "endorses" non-violent protest. the government endorses CHANGE WITHIN SYSTEM, not non-violence; Gandhi's salt marches were embarassing to them, why would they say IM PRO THAT???

I think you are confusing internal change with non violent resistance, the government is anti-resistance of any kind and if anything non-violent stuff is more embarassing on a global scale because invariably the government loses patience and horsewhips a black guy and the french say HOHO AMERICANS!!!
brian chemicals
  • SB is unaware that Dimmu sucks
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
what. I never said they were non violent. I took issue with the fact you think the poor people of india only know gandhi or some shit. nope, they know bose just as well! I'm not sure why you think the government "endorses" non-violent protest. the government endorses CHANGE WITHIN SYSTEM, not non-violence; Gandhi's salt marches were embarassing to them, why would they say IM PRO THAT???

I think you are confusing internal change with non violent resistance, the government is anti-resistance of any kind and if anything non-violent stuff is more embarassing on a global scale because invariably the government loses patience and horsewhips a black guy and the french say HOHO AMERICANS!!!

This is true however I was sort of quantifying internal change and non violent resistance as a whole package as neither really succesfully works without the threat of violence from a group. (As the bose analogy showed)
--- Back when we were young and loved the internet....
  • Pip
  • Group: Member
Well, after the fact, governments, and power-centers-whatever, co-opt sources of non-violent change and distort their image to make it seem like they wanted to change the system to the current one, so as to prevent dissent.  This kinda shit definitely happens all the time with MLK, and Gandhi also!  Of course they don't support while it's happening, later they just try to be on the same side as the non-violent protesters.

It's harder to do that with violent protesters.