Art - CC needed The Screenshot Topic (Read 106133 times)

• Comrade!
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Member

A try at Mother-esque graphics. Still working at them, but what I have thus far.

• brown priyde yea mayne
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
That looks really good.  My only critique would be that the color palette seems to clash.  I think it's that yellow-orange, lavender, and maroon all in one area which looks kind of strange.
keep posting...
  • Fuckin' A.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Premium Member
i am glad you took the advice that i didn't get round to posting and made the outlines darker shades of the base colour :waycool:
  • "When you're bound by your own convictions, a discipline can be your addiction."
  • PipPipPipPipPip
The orange trees stand out a bit to me, but I wouldn't go as far as to say that anything in that screen really clashes with anything else. I think the look works really well!

I started working on the skill system in my game and snapped a screenshot of the skill sheet for my test character.

I'm thinking about changing the layout of the weapon skills so that the icons come before the description.
Vagrancy - Be careful who you wake up in a twenty four hour parking lot.

His name was Not Johnny -  A young man becomes a sort of superhero after a crippling injury. He
  • Is this the face of a guy you can trust !?
  • PipPipPipPip
@KillerWolf
I think the font is a bit too dark from here (in game it might be clearer I dunno).
As for the weapon skill, I think it actually looks good this way; Description then the icon; because it gives it a consistent look (compared with the passive skills set)

Also, saved for my reference.
Sprites and Stuff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
SCAN!

Just feel like throwing something out there.

-EDIT-

Those numbers in yellow represent the damage ratios. so 2x is double damage, 1/2 is half etc. The colors are the elements. Yellow is thunder, blue is water, red is fire and so on. I'm putting my own spin on stat names haha, ATP = attack power, MCP = magic casting power   :laugh:
Last Edit: December 14, 2009, 12:17:23 am by Aten
  • ブラウンの人
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
aten what does 2 X / 1/2 / Null represent? That's pretty cool. also MCP's magical attack? can't figure out what C would be.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
Its like the skill 'Scan' you find in FF games, Its a nice idea.
http://steamsignature.com][/url]
  • ?
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
Liberty, if I may recommend anything to change, your autotiles are a little round on the corners and a little flat on the edges, if that makes any sense! Apart from that, v. nice indeed!
  • Comrade!
  • PipPipPipPip
Edited a few things and threw in some houses. They're supposed to be small. ^.^
Oh and the auto tiles are also supposed to be flat on the edges so I can put the grass/rock tiles there without it looking like the auto tile cuts off suddenly. I'll work a bit on the corners, though.

• "When you're bound by your own convictions, a discipline can be your addiction."
  • PipPipPipPipPip
Realized my first chip was way too bright for the dingy space station look I was going for on the first map, so I took another stab at it. It doesn't look quite this dark at full size/in game.

I think I need to come up with a better floor tile for the non-grating sections than that four box repeat I have going on. I'm open to suggestions.

It seems that every new screen you show have new sprites in them - I like them!

I'm still learning, but thanks.
Last Edit: December 14, 2009, 07:33:33 am by Killer Wolf
Vagrancy - Be careful who you wake up in a twenty four hour parking lot.

His name was Not Johnny -  A young man becomes a sort of superhero after a crippling injury. He
  • PipPip
@Killer Wolf: That looks sweet, but I think the character is a little too bright. Just a little.. Don't really know why, maybe because the general colouring of the chipset gives the feel of a dark room and she appears unaffected by the darkness or something.

edit: just reread your post and saw that it isn't that dark in-game so maybe the character looks better suited in game..
Last Edit: December 14, 2009, 09:38:14 am by Vey
If you click the image you will be magically transported to my game profile!
I dare you to click it.
  • A WARRIOR POET
  • PipPipPip
I think I need to come up with a better floor tile for the non-grating sections than that four box repeat I have going on. I'm open to suggestions.

I always fill my empty futuristic floorspaces with diagonal tread plate metal. It's easy as hell to draw and looks nice without standing out.
  • The Lone Warrior - Jaffer The Battousai
aten what does 2 X / 1/2 / Null represent? That's pretty cool. also MCP's magical attack? can't figure out what C would be.
I assume:
2x means double damage
1/2 means halves damage
Null means no damage is taken
From respective elements.
Chakra Spindle Progress ~
CMS - 99% (What if something happens!)
CBS - ~5% - Mostly just (really poor) sprite work!

Desperately in need of a spriter~
  • Dog: "Just tell me what the hell you want me to do!"
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
@killerwolf, I think it is a great start, however, I think you need to reassess the relationship between floor and wall. Right now the wall and floor are roughly the same value, so it disrupts the balance and depth. One needs to be lighter than the others. Since your sprites are super saturated, I would say keep the floors dark and bright up the walls. Try to think of your screen and what should be visually prioritised. First sprites, then objects, then walls, and floors last.
  • I gots a lego!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
www.jmickle.com
  • *lurk lurk lurk*
A simple dungeon-exploration system for the game I'm currently working on:

More likely than not levels will go where the white squares are or I'll just turn the whole screen into the dungeon map since the menu is accessible anyway.
  • One tough potato
  • PipPipPipPip
Nice Jmickle, is that a flying ninja abpve the main char?
looks a bit empty chibidestiny, and the rooms being a different resolution than the rest of the elements is a bit weird... otherwise looks good.

Here's the first screen of a new project I'm doing, secret of mana style, I've always wanted to make such a game and I started editing a script that plays more or less like I want so I'll try to keep you guys informed :)

The convent [FULL GAME]                  Smiley's Quest[FULL GAME]
*Download*                                   *Download*
*Mirror*                                            *Topic*
*Topic*
                            Download my games!
  • ::pulls another Hideo Kojima::
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
The spacing looks a little off between Rei and Lilith. Other then that, you should make your own graphics, since you are good at them.
has a girl in his bed. pot in his pipe and family guy on the tube. i like life
  • One tough potato
  • PipPipPipPip
I fixed the space thing already, was a small bug.
I thought of making my opwn graphics as I always do, but this time I want to make a game, and not just make graphics since it slows down the process too much, so for this one I'll be using mostly sword of mana rips :P
The convent [FULL GAME]                  Smiley's Quest[FULL GAME]
*Download*                                   *Download*
*Mirror*                                            *Topic*
*Topic*
                            Download my games!