Art - CC needed The Screenshot Topic (Read 106133 times)

• Fuckin' A.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Premium Member
aaaaaa what is that
  • Group: Member
@ Supra: That is so NES classic like - retro cool!!
  • Just like sex, only not really.
Don't think there's anything like that in there, sorry, but in case you are doing 2 sprites for each animation (like walking left and walking right) then I suggest centering the x origin on the sprites and rotating them using image_xscale = 1 (-1 = reversed). That way you only need 1 sprite for each action, it saves a lot of time and headache.

Yeah, that's what I was doing.  I know enough from my 2 years of Game Maker experience that flipping sprites makes shit so much easier.
And on the subject of palette swaps, I just went ahead and recolored all of Mega Man's sprites for each weapon.  It took a while, but it looks awesome now.
I even got special weapons working somewhat.  Weapon bars are fully functional, I just need to actually make the special weapons now.
You can even have a screenshot!

Still gotta worry about ladders, though.  Not looking forward to that at all. Ugh.

btw Supra, that is awesome.  Kinda reminds me of Banana Nababa.

EDIT: New screen here!  The first special weapon!

Luck Dealer
Earned from Deal Man

Throws a random card forward quickly.  Rarer cards deal more damage.
Weapon Energy Cost: 1/2
Last Edit: February 21, 2010, 05:10:52 am by Mr Weird Guy
  • Sunflower of the Jollyflower Games
  • PipPipPipPipPip

^ The cameo character was prioritized first. And just done animating one of his CLimAX Attacks ('twas supposed to be Tier 3)

In the Works:
[RM2K3::SFF-RPG] Wailing Mongooses in Gildepazzo

Under Hiatus/Literary Work mode:
[Lit/Rm2k3 :: Interactive Drama] NetGame Saga PROTOTYPE
[RMXP :: RPG] NetGame Saga
  • Uggablaggableaggh!
  • PipPipPipPip

EDIT: Experiment time!

Mamabliss told me to try and using 3D in cutscenes. How'd that work out?

Last Edit: February 19, 2010, 11:27:26 am by MISTER BIG T

And that's when I decided to become a barber.

@drbigt

"*sniff* your work, just inspires me to become a better lover." - Brent Murray.
  • Sunflower of the Jollyflower Games
  • PipPipPipPipPip
^ Reminds me of implementing that via MMD a.k.a. the Miku Miku Dance Animator...

In the Works:
[RM2K3::SFF-RPG] Wailing Mongooses in Gildepazzo

Under Hiatus/Literary Work mode:
[Lit/Rm2k3 :: Interactive Drama] NetGame Saga PROTOTYPE
[RMXP :: RPG] NetGame Saga
  • Cold-Souled Sovereign of the Night Blades
  • PipPipPipPip

EDIT: Experiment time!

Mamabliss told me to try and using 3D in cutscenes. How'd that work out?

Mamabliss? As in the vore artist?
  • Uggablaggableaggh!
  • PipPipPipPip
Same woman, me and her have worked on several projects in past and she has done several images for me, like the pig ending for Dooms 4 and helped design Nooky for Angelissa's Quest. For this game, she will do the title screen.

And that's when I decided to become a barber.

@drbigt

"*sniff* your work, just inspires me to become a better lover." - Brent Murray.
  • So-Called Manga Artist
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • PipPipPipPip
More snazzy RTP mapping. Although I haven't exactly been working very hard on completing the new world map, I decided to spend a small bit of time this morning working on the Hronulum continent, Srenmalus island, and the Sage Mountain island. These three are complete (aside from event work), but I'll post at least a screenshot of the new Sage Mountain, with a comparison screenshot of the old 2008-2009 version.

Isn't it grand what you can do when you spend more than a few minutes working on your world map, and actually take the time to sit back and plan things out? Unfortunately, players will have to land on the south-western coast and then walk through the valley to get to the mountain, just because I'm an ass.  :rolleyes:

Also, from day one until now, the only reason to visit this island is to talk with the Sage throughout the later half of the "main quest", so please excuse me if this place seems fairly uninviting.

And... an overall world map screenshot, though this does not show it all, and it is still a W.I.P, since I'm going to have to go through and add smaller islands to fill in some of the ocean, along with the Training Grounds/Dragon Valley island. Also, I'll probably end up shaving away/adding in more land to the continents as time goes on, though there are no current plans for it.

It's a shame, but I had to make the world map 290x290 to fit the current landmasses on there as I wanted for them to appear. Although there are games that have much larger worlds, if this is too much, you will have to either continue playing the August 30th demo, or give this game a miss.
Last Edit: February 20, 2010, 02:36:57 pm by Corfaisus
  • Kaiser
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
laaaaaaaaaaaazrael goddamn man you are getting good at your trade. the graphic style rules, isn't that kinda older style than NES though? on the other hand i think i heard song from nes ducktales so maybe the music is temporary... bottom line, that looks mighty good pal.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
@Lazrael: That looks really good! It looks like a lot of fun. The music is a bit grating after awhile but that is what volume controls are for!

@Corfaisus: Too many beaches, man. Beaches are cool, but every landmass in the world isn't surrounded by 100% beach. It's usually closer to 40% beach 60% cliff face outside the pacific. Otherwise, looking good. You might also invest in a beach water autotile (RTP has one I believe!) instead of using sand then grass coast then water.
The Misadventures of Crimebot
  • Just like sex, only not really.
I've decided on a title for my Mega Man game.  Mega Man +1.  Instead of naming it Mega Man 11 and then renaming it Mega Man 12 when 11 comes out, I use this title to always stay one number ahead of the canon series!

That's not really what I'm here to post about, especially when I finished the rest of the special weapons!  You can see the first one (Luck Dealer) a few posts up.

Heavy Boulder
Earned from Boulder Man

Drops a large boulder straight down, which shatters when it hits the ground.
Weapon Energy Cost: 2 units

Static Burst
Earned from Balloon Man

Fires a balloon that slowly floats up, and when you press B again or it hits the wall/ceiling/ground, it explodes in a burst of static electricity.
Weapon Energy Cost: 1 unit

Arctic Hail
Earned from Arctic Man

Large chunks of ice cover the entire screen, doing multiple hits on all enemies.
Weapon Energy Cost: 7 units

Toxic Drip
Earned from Toxic Man

A glass orb filled with acid travels forward very slowly, dispensing eight drops of acid consecutively.  Though it's a mere drop, it is immensely potent.
Weapon Energy Cost: 4 units

Inferno Twister
Earned from Inferno Man

This is a fast-moving tornado that rips through enemies like they weren't even there.  However, it disappears after dealing damage six times.
Weapon Energy Cost: 3 units

Slash Barrier
Earned from Katana Man

Two swords rotate around you that absorb bullets and destroy weaker enemies safely.  Pressing the B button again will fire them both outward.
Weapon Energy Cost: 4 units

Tidal Pump
Earned from Tidal Man

Throws a super-concentrated bubble downward that erupts into a huge pillar.  Not much range, but it deals damage quickly.
Weapon Energy Cost: 2 units
Last Edit: February 21, 2010, 07:04:53 pm by Mr Weird Guy
  • Fuckin' A.
inferno twister and arctic hail look like they could screw the balance! i hope they are not that powerful to compensate
  • PipPipPipPip
@Corfaisus: Too many beaches, man. Beaches are cool, but every landmass in the world isn't surrounded by 100% beach. It's usually closer to 40% beach 60% cliff face outside the pacific. Otherwise, looking good. You might also invest in a beach water autotile (RTP has one I believe!) instead of using sand then grass coast then water.

That's a pretty good idea about the beach coast tile. I'll try to edit the grass coast auto tile to allow me to use that for the coast.
Last Edit: February 21, 2010, 04:23:51 pm by Corfaisus
  • Fuckin' A.
there's a sand-ocean autotile on the ship chipset :)
  • PipPipPipPip
There's a large difference between that chipset's sand-ocean and the world chipset's sand-ocean. Also, after wasting a good half hour, I realized that I made a mistake. And really... there's no way for this idea to have even worked, since you'd need a grass coast for stuff like mountains, and an ice coast for any completely frozen continent, and a sand coast for any beach... though there's only room for 2 types of coast.
Last Edit: February 21, 2010, 04:24:16 pm by Corfaisus
  • Fuckin' A.
are you sure about that

same ocean, just replace the autotile (do you need snow-ocean?)
  • PipPipPipPip
Do you need snow-ocean?

As a matter of fact, I do for the world map. And, if you were to look at the sand, it's *gasp* different.

Actually, there may be a possibility that I didn't think of before. Perhaps making another set of mountains for the coast.

EDIT: And... done. After *taps watch*...  well... I don't know how long, I'm finally done reworking all coasts in the worldmap with the new setup.
Last Edit: February 21, 2010, 08:01:07 pm by Corfaisus
  • Fuckin' A.
blends seamlessly ​