Art - CC needed The Screenshot Topic (Read 106133 times)

• No, it doesn't stand for anything.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Premium Member
You don't need to give any further details about this game. The giant ant itself is reason enough for me to want to play it.
  • Fuckin' A.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
GOOD MORNING MR. WASP
  • I need to watch things die
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
I like how the ant is so muscular.
  • Fuckin' A.
you don't get to be head of hymenoptrex corp by being a weedy ant
  • TV people want to leave
That giant ant is Mr. Stanton. He is Anteater's boss. He fires Anteater for a computer error that loses the company lots of money. Of course, it was the douchebag giraffe that sits in the cubicle next to him that made the error (while logged into Anteater's computer), but Anteater is too meek to stand up to his horribly muscular boss. So the game focuses around Anteater trying to set things right. But while doing this, he discovers the dark secrets of what his old company REALLY does.
lol salespitch
I love this hobby - stealing your mother's diary
BRRING! BRRING!
Hello!  It's me, Vellfire!  FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER! ... Bye!  CLICK!  @gidgetnomates
  • Fuckin' A.
soylent green is animals
Haha, that sounds hilarious. You better finish it and realse it someday!
  • I need to watch things die
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
Someone should write the ballad of anteater. We... we have the technology here to do that. Contact the music department.
Oh I just started this like last week so it's far from being something I'm going to quit on. Also if people want to write rad Anteater songs I'll find a place for them. I really would love to find people to do voice acting actually, since I've been playing KQ6 recently. Might try looking for volunteers when the game is more...done.
BRRING! BRRING!
Hello!  It's me, Vellfire!  FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER! ... Bye!  CLICK!  @gidgetnomates
  • Group: Member

playing with construct some more
glorious salty future

some new shots of my game TAUT
i worked a lot on redesigning the graphics and completed about 75% of it
game is near to become finished, but time for working on decreases much :(
Last Edit: November 04, 2010, 10:28:40 pm by Char0n
  • By by
  • PipPipPipPip
OK, the hero is a cow that was abducted by aliens and given intelligence and hands as well as I guess a head-mounted laser. When he attempted to escape his captors his ship crashed here on this planet- (Which may well be earth in the far future) and he's now hoping to evade his captors and get to a legendary mythic paradise where he'll be safe.  The disk-shaped thing is an alien robot who acts as his guide here. Good?

*Edit* No, on second glance the hero is a zebra-like alien who's looking for parts to repair his damaged ship or get to a point to rendezvous with the mothership so he can go home.

What is on top of his(Typo's) head is the other main character, Piknik Wing. She's Typo's best friend and has raised him since he was a baby, though a lot of that is intentionally left in mystery. And the disk shapped thing is the wait icon- I used one of those sun watch things. It animates with it's shadow passing around. Your second idea is pretty much the original idea I had for the game; ship crashes, several ways to get it working again. You spend the game trying to repair it. I do appreciate the help though! :D

I haven't given up, so heres a quick comparison of old vs new.

*Old

*New

These are 2 screen shots of an area calleds the rolling space hills aka the Space Garden. In the original version, after traversing the desert, the hills ascend into the heavens and at the end is giant statue in the shape of a goose. This is were the town of Dimuru was... Rather than being in the desert. Sounds more interesting, huh? I don't know why I changed it. Guess I'm a desert fanboy. The old screenshot is just 5 days away from being 2 years old! Can you beleive that? I wonder how the rest of game would look if I finished it when I was 16... :fogetshrug:

also chuckie egg I can't wait to kill all zompie
  • It's Me, Picasso
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
Well you can always change it back if you don't like it...
Everyone has the right to be himself; wise men know how to,when, and whether to navigate the boundary between their rights and those of others when they collide.
  • Newbie Greeter
  • PipPipPip
Making a sequel/java port of Polarity for one of my classes, thought I would post a few screenshots of my progress

The menu

New blocks: Purple blocks. They attract the player if they are positive or negative

Circle blocks are now confined to tracks

Last Edit: November 06, 2010, 06:05:15 am by bick
  • By by
  • PipPipPipPip
Well you can always change it back if you don't like it...

oh okay thnks for the permission bro

Nah, just kidding. But seriously, I'm changing it now... I'll just have a bunch of unused backgrounds that took hours of toil to make. Oh well, that's life!

bick, aren't those 2 the exact same screen? The game looks interesting, but I'm a little lost as to what's going on...
  • Newbie Greeter
  • PipPipPip
oh okay thnks for the permission bro

Nah, just kidding. But seriously, I'm changing it now... I'll just have a bunch of unused backgrounds that took hours of toil to make. Oh well, that's life!

bick, aren't those 2 the exact same screen? The game looks interesting, but I'm a little lost as to what's going on...

Whoops, fixed. The basic premise of the game is that you control Petey (the little gray circle in the top left corner). And he can go positive/negative. When he's not neutral, he will attract to blocks of the opposite magnetism. The end goal is to get to the green exclamation point blocks. The player dies and must restart the level upon collision with most blocks.
I have been very productive today!

Finally got rid of the gross default AGS menu (also note that anteater is wearing a SUIT now!  he will be in the outfit from the old screenshot for most of the game though, but i can't imagine he'd wear that BEFORE getting fired)

Also there is now another screen to the office!

More or less everything you see there can be interacted with, so you can look at and/or (try to) take everything.  All these graphics are WIPs btw, I'm trying to just get the basic graphics there so that I can get on with the rest of the game, and I'll clean them up later.
BRRING! BRRING!
I FF4-ified Kohlingen, a town from Final Fantasy 6.

• more cowbell!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
I am drawing all and composing all musics and stealing plot mechanics from 70s TV shows.

GW.... has gone full circle.
looks gorgeous. keep us updated.
http://www.fallingbot.com/
  • Desperate For Game Make
  • PipPip
we do love our vaporware

That directed at me?.   :fogetmmh:
Current RPG Making Projects:

Main projects: Eternia's Promise, demo out on rpgmaker.net

Desperation Of A New Era. Prolouges out, Part 1 out. Finally a game that I can
upload and complete.

Liberated Arms VX Ace Current Status: Cancelled. For now.

Dreamwalker VX Ace Current Status: Dead, unless it's restarted one day.

Story of Ligara: Dead. Again.

And my other thousand games...(not literally)