Topic: The Screenshot Topic (Read 106133 times)

• Just like sex, only not really.
  • Group: Member
That looks pretty similar to Kindred Saga's battle system.
  • So-Called Manga Artist
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Premium Member
I think it is Kindred Saga.
Also awful text, change it plz
  • Worthless Protoplasm
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
Huzzah. Another video by meh. This time it's of my newest project "Classical SaGa." Sort of a mixture between Romancing SaGa and Dragon Warrior.

Is that a Romancing SaGa track done NES style

I remember those were the only games I was really interested in finding an ORCHESTRAL SUITE of it but of course the one rpg soundtrack that didn't have enough fanboys to get covered that way

Edit: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hLiTNnDWZgU&feature=PlayList&p=0D815ED62D5FCEAD&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=2 this kind of works
Last Edit: April 03, 2009, 07:49:57 am by Ragnar
http://djsaint-hubert.bandcamp.com/

• Angel of wavering tides.
  • PipPipPip
Is that a Romancing SaGa track done NES style

I remember those were the only games I was really interested in finding an ORCHESTRAL SUITE of it but of course the one rpg soundtrack that didn't have enough fanboys to get covered that way

Edit: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hLiTNnDWZgU&feature=PlayList&p=0D815ED62D5FCEAD&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=2 this kind of works

'Tis indeed! Though it's a .WAV file, so it's fairly big. I'm trying not to have too much music in the game to lower it to a reasonable (though still large) number of MB's. But I'll be releasing an MIDI version of the game alongisde it, so people can choose themselves!

And I agree! That series has some of the best VG music I've ever heard, especially the PS2 remake of the original Romancing SaGa. That stuff is great! I want 'em to do the same for RS2 and 3, but I doubt it'll happen. D= Even somethin for the DS would be great! At least I'd have my fix of it.
Check out Eternal Paradise, my latest RPG Maker 2003 project, over at RMN!
http://rpgmaker.net/games/1914/
  • Bushido Brown
  • PipPip
Only substitute sprites for now from KS yes until I put custom sprites in characterset format.

Anyone know of any good/simple fonts that's arent from Windows default font folder? I dont feel like using Arial and all that
Crap
. .  .   salty is right
  • Mysterious Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
introducing... the Crocs and their sacred statue!

Ock ock, Ack ack!
Beware of the cursed monkey spit!
  • Comrade!
  • PipPip
That looks sweeeeeeeet. imo.
  • mmmrh
I agree that it is sweet. Maybe the inner snout lines can be lighter though. It kinda seems to not lie in the same style as the Crocs because of that. The shadows also make it seem to be in a different perspective. Maybe. Kinda. Sorta.
Last Edit: April 04, 2009, 12:49:40 am by thernz
Yeah nice work Liman. I wouldn't change a thing about it.

So, is there still going to be a new screenshot topic or do we just keep on going in this one?
  • Mysterious Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
I agree that it is sweet. Maybe the inner snout lines can be lighter though. It kinda seems to not lie in the same style as the Crocs because of that. The shadows also make it seem to be in a different perspective. Maybe. Kinda. Sorta.

You're actually right about the snout. It's simply something I forgot to fix.

Thanks for the comments guys. It's more or less a little "teaser". Going to throw up a real screenshot as soon as I'm done with the chipset that comes along with the statue.
Ock ock, Ack ack!
  • Boy Next Door
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
2 Days late, but that's a really cool vid, Weird Guy. It definitely reminds me of the old-fashioned arcade games I used to play, waiting for my food at the chinese carry-out place.
Last Edit: April 04, 2009, 01:59:34 pm by Yeaster

Complete Chaos [Full Game available!][/url] (No RTP required)
Also try out my demo: A Nightmare in Sunnydale, California
http://gamingw.net/forums/index.php?topic=81758.0
---
MMZ [Short Demo Available][/url]
VANITY[demo version][/url]
  • Invented his own carebear
  • Pip
THIS IS FOR ALL THE BASEBALL GAMES YOU MISSED DAD!
Lessents Story - Coming Soon!
  • Mysterious Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
Well, since nothing is happening and my last "screenshot" ended up at the very bottom of the previous page, I'm reposting it... with a small change.

Ock ock, Ack ack!
  • Aleai Acta Est
  • PipPip
I've always admired you're pixel art, Liman.
Whatever happened to that spaceman type game?

I havent touched RM for a long while, but recently I started a new project. (Now I have a little
spare time on my hands!)

http://pub.gamingw.net/51002/screen2.png

Cyberpunk RPG.

http://www.indiegamingportal.net
  • Mysterious Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
I've always admired you're pixel art, Liman.
Whatever happened to that spaceman type game?

Thanks man.
The spacegame is put on hold until the day I learn to make the type of game I want. :P
Ock ock, Ack ack!
Ephiam: Does the 'Bird Killer' move send a chocobo flying at the enemy? If so, I'm both amused and confused. Also, misspelled 'Slam'.

Mr Weird Guy: Looks really cool, and I like the variety of enemies.

Liman: Very intriguing. The little dude has a rather Earthbound-y feel.

Coming soon... As soon as I can make any last-minute tweaks.

@TJ Korran. That just has got a little to few details if you ask me. Even if you're going for something simple, I don't think the fence is that great. At least I'd try to broaden the bars a bit. Right now it just consist of black lines which are really close to each other. Props for trying some customs though, I wish you the best luck.
  • Bushido Brown
  • PipPip
@TJ: You might wanna try making the bushes/trees in the first pic a different color other then the ground, also try spreading around the flowers or it makes it look like you just use the rectangle tool and slapped that one tile all over the map.

The Battle map is looking alright I suppose, but make the terrain a different color from the command prompt and don't make it bright green.
Most people's eyes are irritated by that shade.
. .  .   salty is right
  • Forgotten Neural Kiss...
  • Pip

P-P-P-Pallete swap! Or, to be more precise, one of the "new" levels from Frog, The Collector. This one is from Level Four: Rush-Hour!
  • Sadistic Magician
been working exclusively on the world map for the last week or so, whole things about done finally, this will probably be the last screens I show of it

pyramid city

canyonland, and the star temple

should I keep the lighter blue water around the coasts or does it look tacky? eventually i plan to animate it so it ripples gently, but I want to decide if it even looks good