Topic: The Screenshot Topic (Read 106133 times)

• Just like sex, only not really.
  • Group: Member
Don't worry, I haven't trashed this project yet.

Just showing off a new weapon.  This one allows you to fire 20 ice shards simultaneously.  Just one is the weakest weapon in the game, but together, it's some pretty good damage.

And that blue spiky ball?  It's a burst mine.  If you or your weapons touch it, it will explode in a large burst of energy, so don't get too close.
  • Ayrahn Ellson
@Ocean: I love your style.

@Ness: Very nice. Is the black part on Cirno's the girl's sprite a part of the design?

@Weird guy: I'm liking what I'm seeing.
今はすべてを始まる。
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
@Mr Weird Guy: That is looking amazing! It's all pixely and classic. My only problem is the huge score counter which takes up a great deal more space then it needs to.
The Misadventures of Crimebot
Aw, come on.  You know you wanna push yourself to get a score in the hundred trillions. >_>
  • No, it doesn't stand for anything.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Premium Member
Mr Weird Guy: Looks pretty great! Reminds me of Super Nintendo in many ways. How does your game play? If it is anything like Gradius or R-Type, then I'm sold.
  • "Nuke It!"
  • PipPip
@ Lennon: I like the simple style with the humor and text. Is it RM2K/3?

Yep.
  • So-Called Manga Artist
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
@roddz whoa you're alive :D Also yes.
@busterblader well I tried making my own backgrounds, does this pass?
  • Sunflower of the Jollyflower Games
  • PipPipPipPipPip
@Nessiah: Yup! Say, try doing a pseudo-Midgar battle background for style's feasibility.

In the Works:
[RM2K3::SFF-RPG] Wailing Mongooses in Gildepazzo

Under Hiatus/Literary Work mode:
[Lit/Rm2k3 :: Interactive Drama] NetGame Saga PROTOTYPE
[RMXP :: RPG] NetGame Saga
  • Resident Lurker
  • PipPip
Nessiah, it looks really really good. The only problem I have is the bevel on the interface windows. I've always hated that effect - just a personal peeve I suppose.
what's updog?
Mr Weird Guy: Looks pretty great! Reminds me of Super Nintendo in many ways. How does your game play? If it is anything like Gradius or R-Type, then I'm sold.
Well, it is inspired by Gradius-style games, so I can imagine you'd enjoy it.  Anyway, let me give you a basic rundown.
Your shield is constantly regenerating, at the rate of like 1% every second or so.  Your weapon energy recharges much faster, probably from 0% to 100% in five seconds.
Almost every enemy has a chance to drop their own weapon for you to use.  There's a wide range of unique weapons, from lasers to flamethrowers to falling moai statues.  Needless to say, the stronger the weapon, the more weapon energy it uses.  I'm still debating how weapon switching works.  Right now I have it so your current weapon is replaced with the one you pick up, but I think I wanna make it so you can gain a weapon permanently and switch between them at will if you have full WE.

Also, I guess I'll write up all the 15 different weapons I currently have in the game right now.
Normal (N): A simple shot forward, low damage.
Tiny (T): A small shot that does half the normal shot's damage at a fraction of the WE cost.
Wave (W): One normal shot and two tiny shots that move in a wave pattern.
Bomb (B): Fires a bomb straight ahead, that explodes after a second.
Pierce (P): A sharp shot that pierces through everything.
Flamethrower (F): A constant powerful stream of fire.
Burst (B): A large blue explosion radiates from the ship.
Gel (G): Throws a ball of green gel forward in an upward arc.  Horizontal speed depends on whether you're holding left, right, or nothing.
Laser (L): A weak, constant laser that covers the whole screen.
Diamond (D): Four rotating diamonds shield you from some attacks.  Similar to Jewel Man's weapon from Mega Man 9.
Missile (M): A powerful missile that starts slow and accelerates quickly.  Explodes on impact.
Energy Ball (E): Basically a larger, stronger, slower version of Pierce.
Thunder (T): Bolts of electricity cover the entire screen.
Ice Shards (I): Throws 20 ice shards forward in an upward arc.  Horizontal speed depends on whether you're holding left, right, or nothing.
Moai (M): Summons a moai statue that falls, dealing massive damage.

These are all in the game already, and are fully functional.  There's gonna be even more, though.  I don't know how many, maybe 32 total.
  • Uggablaggableaggh!
  • PipPipPipPip

I'm still working on this title screen, maybe adding more characters and making more things happen, so far there's only three events taking place. I'd love to hear thoughts about what's there so far though.
Last Edit: June 09, 2009, 08:19:11 pm by MISTER BIG T

And that's when I decided to become a barber.

@drbigt

"*sniff* your work, just inspires me to become a better lover." - Brent Murray.
  • Contender
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
A sorta concept from an idea Ive had intentions of making for quite some time. Need to get my pixeling skills better before attempting anything serious. Will most likely be made in Game Maker rather than Rpgmaker.

(It's supposed to be in black and white)

• Five foot ace of clubs?!?!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
What is supposed to be? I assume the skeleton of city skyline. It seems a little to cluttered around the middle, and the bevel on the building below "Blank #" seems a little steep. Other than that it seems to be panning out fine so far.
  • Dog: "Just tell me what the hell you want me to do!"
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
Yo Tau man I would love to see what you come up with, keep workin on those pixel skills. If you use this proj as a vent you'll get hella better.
  • Super Saiyan Sam
@ Nessiah: Dude, you don't really need to ask me if I approve of YOUR art. It's AWESOME! Well drawn!

I just wanted to see a background that doesn't match the same HUD's color. The forest could be lighter for sprite contrast.
  • Contender
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
Yo Tau man I would love to see what you come up with, keep workin on those pixel skills. If you use this proj as a vent you'll get hella better.
Thanks man, that's a good idea as well. I'll say a little more about it for you Omcifer. The game revolves around colour, it's set in a futuristic style of place. I'll say more as Ive progressed more with the development.

• Uggablaggableaggh!
  • PipPipPipPip

Happy place is the most psychotic part in Angelissa's Quest, almost reaching to the mind fuck factor of Dooms games.
Last Edit: June 11, 2009, 04:52:45 am by MISTER BIG T

And that's when I decided to become a barber.

@drbigt

"*sniff* your work, just inspires me to become a better lover." - Brent Murray.
  • Its all fairy-ish.
  • PipPipPipPipPip

The game is being developed by Karsuman and I. It will be released on the 16th of this month.
  • Revolutionist

New vid. Increased the ATB to calculating/rendering rate 30fps rather than 10fps (worked out that a wait of 0.0 is actually 0.033).

No, it's 0.016666.
Cherry = CherryDT | www.cherrytree.at
  • Comrade!
  • PipPipPipPip
Its not, otherwise the higher FPS version would be calculating twice as fast as it should be, and its not. To render at 30fps I had to scale the calculation down to 1/3 - so if it was 0.016666 it would be incrementing way too quickly.

So... I'm not sure what to tell you, 0.033 works out on my end (calculated it with parallel counters and through testing I've also verified its the correct ATB speed).
Last Edit: June 12, 2009, 01:10:23 am by Vanit
"the way you speak about rm2k3, like "modules, arrays, pointers" sounds like
you're some badass c++ programmer stuck in the past and only has rm2k3 to
work with"
-Gutts