Topic: The Screenshot Topic (Read 106133 times)

• Fuckin' A.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Premium Member
it looks joyous now but i can see this ending badly
  • Uggablaggableaggh!
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Member
it looks joyous now but i can see this ending badly

For the first time, no it won't. It is my first game suitable for all audiences, even grandma.

And that's when I decided to become a barber.

@drbigt

"*sniff* your work, just inspires me to become a better lover." - Brent Murray.
  • Cold-Souled Sovereign of the Night Blades
  • PipPipPipPip
For the first time, no it won't. It is my first game suitable for all audiences, even grandma.

That is, until the little girl conveniently loses her clothes while being cornered in a dungeon, and is attacked by a tentacle monster and its hermaphrodite master...

Who can save us all? Mister Big T, you're our last hope. With your muscular dragon body, and your eyes that burn with the passion of a fiery textbook, you must single-handedly save the damsel in distress. Worry not, as your efforts will not go unrewarded. Any significant character you run across will have heard of your travels and greatness, and having no control of their own, will fall to their knees and pleasure you. Regardless of age, gender, or species, this reward knows no boundaries, as you are awesome, and full of, amongst other things, love and acceptance.

C'mon, you're renown for your sub-par mapping and outrageously mature gameplay... Don't go soft on us now.
Last Edit: April 15, 2010, 01:37:13 pm by Corfaisus
  • Uggablaggableaggh!
  • PipPipPipPip
That is, until the little girl conveniently loses her clothes while being cornered in a dungeon, and is attacked by a tentacle monster and its hermaphrodite master...

You're the second person to immediattely think of tentacles when seeing Hoshi.  Does this mean that she goes really well with them? :mellow:

Who can save us all? Mister Big T, you're our last hope. With your muscular dragon body, and your eyes that burn with the passion of a fiery textbook, you must single-handedly save the damsel in distress. Worry not, as your efforts will not go unrewarded. Any significant character you run across will have heard of your travels and greatness, and having no control of their own, will fall to their knees and pleasure you. Regardless of age, gender, or species, this reward knows no boundaries, as you are awesome, and full of, amongst other things, love and acceptance.

This made me laugh hard, thank you from that.  :laugh:

C'mon, you're renown for your sub-par mapping and outrageously mature gameplay... Don't go soft on us now.

Do not worry. I am still making other games too which have outrageously mature gameplay. Angelissa's Quest is looking good and I thought of adding the option to go bath with Nooky. Where Angelissa would of course find this out NSFW
Last Edit: April 15, 2010, 03:21:04 pm by MISTER BIG T

@drbigt

• Super Saiyan Sam
  • PipPipPip
I need suggestions on how to improve this particular area of my city map. It's some sort of park in the center of a modern city. I don't want to make it too busy, but I don't want it this empty either. Suggestions greatly appreciated. I was aiming for something colorful.

• Dog: "Just tell me what the hell you want me to do!"
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
flowers, tall grass, and dirt paths, swings, more trees, maybe a small pond, lanterns. stuff like that
  • Bushido Brown
  • PipPip
Working on the first town in my game. The main character is a placeholder for now  :cool:

To be honest, it's pretty.  :)

Try making the fish character set/event transparent to give it that cool under water effect.

I'll be waiting for more screens from you.
. .  .   salty is right
  • Caboose
  • PipPipPip
@Mr Weird Guy
Password games are great cause then it's easier to cheat :D

@LxNarik
Re: Lava screenshot
There was a guy in that image?

@MISTER BIG T
The picture says NSFW but I doubt anybody would be able to tell what your ugly graphics are supposed to represent anyways ;).
Last Edit: April 18, 2010, 08:36:14 pm by Mikemc

Quote from: Evangel
You can't run from your past, S4D. YOU CAN'T RUN FROM YOUR PAST!
  • It's Me, Picasso
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
ARGH- trying to start my own game. I had the "bright idea" to use a panorama for my world map so I could avoid blocky edges, but I'm not certain it's going to work in practice, as I'd have to figure out how to get the ocean chips to align with the blue areas (or redo the backdrop to fit them) and probably make the towns and cities part of the background.. That's a placeholder character BTW.
Everyone has the right to be himself; wise men know how to,when, and whether to navigate the boundary between their rights and those of others when they collide.
  • Caboose
  • PipPipPip
You could replace the blue with water texture, but then your world map could only display I think 320x240 at once. Plus the water would only animate if you had 3+ panoramas changing in order. What if you replaced the hero with a pixel and made him move one pixel at a time. Then you could easily fit the whole map in there - the equivalent of a 5120 x 3840 tile world map!

Or a more realistic approach would be to create your own custom coastline, maybe 8-16 sides, to decrease the blockiness. I messed up the alignment a little but you get the idea.

- Mike
Last Edit: April 19, 2010, 09:47:05 am by Mikemc

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
Yeah OR he could just manually import the panorama into the folder and it can be whatever size he wanted it to be. All you do is make the image 16x whatever the size of the map is (20tilesx15tiles=320pixels x 240pixels, 40x30=640x480 or any other number you want) and presto it even shows up in the editor.

Animating it will be tricky no matter how you look at it.
The Misadventures of Crimebot
  • It's Me, Picasso
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
Which I why I may well not go with that idea. This is my first game so maybe I shouldn't get too fancy. I have a lot to learn first. I know many people say I should start out in 2k for my first game, but I 'm really loath to do that as I particularly like the side-view battle system.
Everyone has the right to be himself; wise men know how to,when, and whether to navigate the boundary between their rights and those of others when they collide.
  • Caboose
  • PipPipPip
Oh I thought there would be a size restriction for panoramas..

• now that's what I'm talking about
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
if you start getting really massive you might notice some performance issues (they did make the limitations for a reason!) but you can definitely go well beyond the default limitation without worry.
fuck it all, dd is dead
  • Stand back, dragon! Do not touch her!
Which I why I may well not go with that idea. This is my first game so maybe I shouldn't get too fancy. I have a lot to learn first. I know many people say I should start out in 2k for my first game, but I 'm really loath to do that as I particularly like the side-view battle system.
Seriously?  I absolutely hate 2k3's sad excuse for an ATB.
  • Cold-Souled Sovereign of the Night Blades
  • PipPipPipPip
It's all about the side view battle system, as sometimes, battle animations for character action just isn't enough.
  • Uggablaggableaggh!
  • PipPipPipPip

@drbigt

• "When you're bound by your own convictions, a discipline can be your addiction."
  • PipPipPipPipPip
Some new (and some redone) character sprites. I changed my shading style a little to support a hard outline.

Vagrancy - Be careful who you wake up in a twenty four hour parking lot.

His name was Not Johnny -  A young man becomes a sort of superhero after a crippling injury. He
  • Rurouni
  • PipPipPipPip
ARGH- trying to start my own game. I had the "bright idea" to use a panorama for my world map so I could avoid blocky edges, but I'm not certain it's going to work in practice, as I'd have to figure out how to get the ocean chips to align with the blue areas (or redo the backdrop to fit them) and probably make the towns and cities part of the background.. That's a placeholder character BTW.

Panaromas are the easiest way to go for this:

It only took me 2 hours to make this map, but you could easily use this in an rm project.

~Click~
  • Is this the face of a guy you can trust !?
  • PipPipPipPip
Some new (and some redone) character sprites. I changed my shading style a little to support a hard outline.

I'd say that this style looks much better, but I am more of a pro-outline guy, so yeah.

Great work btw, I dig the overall look of the premise.
Sprites and Stuff