Classic Collectables (Read 2302 times)

• Have a nice daze.
  • Group: Premium Member
I used to collect Beano comics when I was younger. I only got about 70 issues in a row before I missed one and stopped.
  • Insane teacher
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
I be bumpin my bass like you collect comics
I’m not weird. I’m honest
brian chemicals
  • kaworu*Sigh*Isnt he the cutest person ever
I think everybody used to collect the beano when they were a kid. We had hundreds.
  • Dog: "Just tell me what the hell you want me to do!"
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
What about legos guys? Got maad legos, star wars, batman, you name it!
  • TV people want to leave
I have a shitload of legos but that's not really collecting.  I mean, some people do collect legos, but most kids just have/had a lot of them.  Having a lot of something and collecting something are different things.
I love this hobby - stealing your mother's diary
BRRING! BRRING!
Hello!  It's me, Vellfire!  FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER! ... Bye!  CLICK!  @gidgetnomates
  • Meh.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
Whats a beano? The only Beano I know is Beano, there'll beee no gas.
m
ohap
  • What, me worry?
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
Ever since I was young I've been obsessed with collecting something whether it be coins, pokemon cards, etc etc.

At the moment I go to the local comic store each week to pick up a few titles, I'd say I have probably 1.5k+ comics or so.

I also do comic book art, I used to get one or two commissions every once in a while, but that was way before I discovered I could get free sketches at signings and whatnot in a book - which was much more convient + free. I have a crapload in my sketch book, theme is "movie characters".

I used to do action figures, I would still like to but it's too costly. Of course I do not open them. For some reason I do not like exposing things to the world and whatnot, it disturbs me. I have them all hung on a wall.

My favorite thing to collect is, of course, autographs. I try to go to signings as much as I can, but going on 1 hour train to NYC + $17 roundtrip ticket is costly. I've only done one premiere (The Dark Knight) but I don't do those kinds of things because they come up on short notice, and also they're not guaranteed; thus wasting money. I haven't gotten an autograph in person in a long time since Ed Westwick (Gossip Girl), Daniel Dae Kim(Lost, and Boondock Saints Troy Duffy and Sean Patrick Flannery at NY Comic Con, so while I wait for something good to come up I started sending requests though the mail. Yeah, ttm stuff may not be legit, but I know which ones are not secretarial, preprints, or autopens.

I've built up a decent collection, I have like, Nicolas Cage, Bill Cosby, Michael Madsen, Gene Hackman, cast of TDK, Spike Lee, Hideo Kojima, Hayden Panettiere, Bruce Campbell, Kristen Bell, etc etc etc.
  • PipPip
  • Group: Member
I just remembered I have a pretty sizable collection of Gundams.
  • now das fresh
i collect college girls in my dungeon
yes coulombs are "germaine", did you learn that word at talk like a dick school?
  • What, me worry?
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
I just remembered I have a pretty sizable collection of Gundams.

I was obsessed with Gundam model kits, still have a shitload unbuilt.
  • kaworu*Sigh*Isnt he the cutest person ever
my brother used to collect gundams until he realised they sucked and decided to paint them in Batman related colour schemes.
  • PipPip
my brother used to collect gundams until he realised they sucked and decided to paint them in Batman related colour schemes.

Thats even worse..

But yeah gundams were fun to build and to collect, especially the older models.
  • TV people want to leave
i love gundam model kits but i love ALL model kits, i don't really care what they are....i built a model tank recently, but i don't really have any interest in any military-type things, i just really love doing models
I love this hobby - stealing your mother's diary
BRRING! BRRING!
Hello!  It's me, Vellfire!  FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER! ... Bye!  CLICK!  @gidgetnomates
  • now das fresh
i dont understand how someone can make a topic and not even make sure the TITLE OF THE GODDAMN TOPIC (ESPECIALLY SINCE ITS ONLY ONE WORD!!!) is spelled right? its fucking bugging me, can someone change it to "Collectibles" or something jesus christ?
yes coulombs are "germaine", did you learn that word at talk like a dick school?
  • ブラウンの人
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
Quote from: wiki
Although "collectable" is the spelling listed first for the adjective by the Oxford English Dictionary, and is standard spelling in British English, the dictionary observes that the "-ible" form is also valid, and has come to be common spelling in the United States.

but lol wiki quote
  • Insane teacher
yeah i was going to say dude it's still proper spelling. congrats gr i spend like months trying to convince british members to stop using whilst and you go and do this.
brian chemicals
  • now das fresh
what? damn. collectable just looks wrong and firefox flags it as misspelled.
  • honk
  • Pip
I used to collect Star Wars figures when I was young....

The only thing that I do now that could be considered collecting is downloading paint programs...
heh I'm such a nerd
If an image says a thousand words, and a video shows 24 images each second, then why couldn't they condense everything I needed to learn at school into one hour long video :V
  • The sun sets forever over Blackwater park
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
I mostly just collect books and experiences

I have some really amazing books though, and some really old shit too. My goal is to create a library and donate it to OSU when I die
i used to collect comics I have a ton of really old xmen and spiderman ones that are probably worth a lot now but those are all in my moms attic

thesedays i don't really have any collections but my wife spends a ridiculous amount of money collecting gold and silver coins from all over the world. I used to get pretty annoyed at her spending hundreds on those things, but now I guess a lot of them are worth over a G and they're pretty easy to sell so.....