Topic: What are you playing? (Read 140669 times)

• VILLAIN
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Administrator
This is how you discover speedrun glitches by the way, you just kind of assume stuff based on how you think it works and then you try it out (aside from the more hardcore things that require digging through the code and reading live memory). There are a lot of starting points because some particular types of glitches are just that common, sometimes even necessary as optimization.
  • Fuckin' A.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Premium Member
yeah that's what people have been doing with pokémon for years! i guess getting past the kid blocking the path to mt. moon / skipping brock is that kind of thing
  • VILLAIN
yeah that's what people have been doing with pokémon for years! i guess getting past the kid blocking the path to mt. moon / skipping brock is that kind of thing
Yeah, and there are different ways you can go about it. Things like skipping Brock is called a sequence break, which means you're breaking the natural order in which you're supposed to do things. Which also has specific methods associated with it. Then there's other types of glitches, like getting yourself stuck into a wall being possible in a lot of early games because the programmers had to cut some corners in order to get good performance. They knew players would get themselves stuck in a wall at some point, so as a quick fix they usually eject you from the wall as quickly as possible, meaning it's a good way for speedrunners to save time.

Watching live memory can be very useful. So in some early FF games there's a glitch with regard to changing equipment in-battle. By figuring out how this affects the memory, and what the affected parts are used for, they were able to devise a way to teleport around the world map in FF2 and give characters super-powerful glitched jobs in FF3.

Unfortunately sequence breaking is practically impossible in FF2 because you literally can't go to later parts in the game without doing the earlier parts first.
  • Fuckin' A.
please dada i know what sequence breaking is... -.-
  • VILLAIN
please dada i know what sequence breaking is... -.-
In that case why don't you write an essay about it??? I will be expecting it in my PM inbox by the end of next week.
  • Fuckin' A.
well first i need a website to submit this essay to >​
  • Dead man
well first i need a website to submit this essay to >​
Salt world happen to be site.
DDay is Dead  I am a dead man typing

• Fuckin' A.
>​

hey dada is there any way to turn off smileys across the board? considering we don't have any
  • Administrator
the forums will change software soon
  • Comedy Bronze
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Global Moderator
I'm finding it really difficult to distinguish between dada and hero bash now. I have to recheck the name and go "oh shit second a".

dada do you hear me, the only difference between the two of you now is a SINGLE LETTER. I hope this makes you take a step back and ask yourself some HARD TRUTHS!!!
Hey hey hey
  • Administrator
I believe it makes me an admin by extension. Or dmin to be precise.
  • VILLAIN
I'm finding it really difficult to distinguish between dada and hero bash now. I have to recheck the name and go "oh shit second a".

dada do you hear me, the only difference between the two of you now is a SINGLE LETTER. I hope this makes you take a step back and ask yourself some HARD TRUTHS!!!
The difference is he never says anything of value and I do.
  • Comedy Bronze
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Global Moderator
DIAGNOSIS: HIGHLY DEBATABLE.

--------

PS: I have been playing the rome total war mod ROME TOTAL REALISM as I really needed to play some rome but I am bored shitless with it (I've played the game off and on since its launch, tending to spend a few months playing followed by like six or so months of not - now I'm in my BOREDOFTHIS stage yet still desired a lot more. Oh plus I'm rereading RUBICON which inspired me to play it again).

Dada you need to play EU3 and I am shocked that you still haven't. EUROPEAN HISTORY DUDE :O!!!
Hey hey hey
  • Scanner
  • Group: Member
I believe it makes me an admin by extension. Or dmin to be precise.
A demon?

Also, Still playing CODBLOPS
I'm playing Resident Evil Zero right now at this moment and I'm moving giant chess pieces and they are spraying poisonous gas up at me but somehow all of this seems natural and not unexpected.
right now im playing the roguelike elona.
  • Five foot ace of clubs?!?!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
I feel like I'm beating a dead horse as far as the forum's interests are concerned, but I've been playing a lot of Quake Live and a tad bit of League of Legends - especially Quake Live. It's a lot of fun, even more so since I was never into the Quake III scene. Anyone who plays should send me their username.
  • Desperate For Game Make
  • PipPip
RPG Maker VX Ace, it's kind of translated, but you have to re-do nearly everything in the database.
Current RPG Making Projects:

Main projects: Eternia's Promise, demo out on rpgmaker.net

Desperation Of A New Era. Prolouges out, Part 1 out. Finally a game that I can
upload and complete.

Liberated Arms VX Ace Current Status: Cancelled. For now.

Dreamwalker VX Ace Current Status: Dead, unless it's restarted one day.

Story of Ligara: Dead. Again.

And my other thousand games...(not literally)
  • Administrator
is that a new rm?
  • Comrade!?! I AM NOT A FUCKING RUSSIAN
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
Apparantly so, in other news i've found the next mine craft, I think. It looks cool but comes with a random quest/dungeon system and a bunch of other crap, plus higher rez graphics, i don't think you can build like you can in mine craft but you can build, ok maybe it's not the next mine craft but it looks pretty good. It's called cube world http://wollay.blogspot.com/
RIP DoktorMartini

My brute!