Poll: Did you meet your current partner online?

Yes
7 8.1%
No, in real life
28 32.6%
No, but I've had at least one past relationship that began online
6 7%
No, I'm not seeing anyone right now
45 52.3%

84 Total Votes

Poll Did you meet your current partner online? (Read 3928 times)

• Baby on Board
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Premium Member
I'm not involved with anyone at the moment, and I don't see myself getting involved with anyone for quite a long time. I've only really had one serious relationship in my life and we met through mutual friends, none of whom I knew online.

I have to admit, though, some of the most interesting people I've met in real life I've met through GW.
Check it out! I'm doing NaNoWriMo this year!
  • Stop Radioactivity!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
No but I went to visit friends I met online.
Dok Choy
  • I'm listening.
  • PipPipPipPip
I don't trust the internet. I prefer meeting people by GETTING OUT MORE OFTEN.

\m/NWOBHM lives on\m/

Хорошая работа для для того чтобы потерять ваше время путем перенести этот никудышный блок текста в английском.
  • None of them knew they were robots.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
What makes you think people outside are any better
Play Raimond Ex (if you haven't already)

I'll not TAKE ANYTHING you write like this seriously because it looks dumb
  • Power to the flowers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Member

they probably don't play TF2.
  • Mr. Anderson....we missed you
  • PipPip
No. I'd feel a little weird...

"So how did you guys meet?"
"Online."
  • I'm listening.
  • PipPipPipPip
- Most dating sites charge you a helluva lot just so you can exchange messages, while in real life you don't have to pay shit unless you head down to some nightclub.
- I can get to know them better such as visiting their relatives or hanging out with them, instead of assuming everything put down on text is 100% accurate.
- Less risk chance of being tricked/scammed when you meet someone in real life. Because not everyone on the internet says things that they actually mean;you could actually just be exchanging messages with a 40 year old sexual predator who pretends to be a jailbait 15 year old blonde chick. Sure, you may never know if she's a transvestite or not, but if you have good instincts that this person may be the kind that you're after, then go for it. Atleast it's better than getting your ass molested by a 40 year old sexual predator.
- You can have REAL intimacy/sex with that person instead of just lusting after text.

\m/NWOBHM lives on\m/

Хорошая работа для для того чтобы потерять ваше время путем перенести этот никудышный блок текста в английском.
  • :rite:
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
 :fogetgasp:​drule just wants to find what gw members he can bang online :fogetgasp:
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
i bet you can learn more about someone in the first 15 minutes meeting them then in the first couple of hours talking online

also my current relationship started out as a friend of a friend kind of thing, i think that's how a lot of them start.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
I met my last girlfriend on an anime convention forum, a group of us decided to meet up while we all went down to the convention here in the UK and well after the convention there's always an afterparty. Anyway it was here me and a girl from the meetup got wasted and hooked up, it was one of those weekend relationships. Tried to keep in contact after the convention when we went back to our own life's but we lived so far apart, it just fizzled out.
http://steamsignature.com][/url]
  • FIFTY FIFTY FIFTY
- I can get to know them better such as visiting their relatives or hanging out with them, instead of assuming everything put down on text is 100% accurate.
- You can have REAL intimacy/sex with that person instead of just lusting after text.
there are things called cars and planes that make these things possible with online relationships too

they are amazing inventions
  • w007 w007 and double w007
  • PipPipPipPipPip
I ALMOST had a relationship with a girl I met online though when I met her we were meeting as friends and there wasn't even a hint of romance in our MSN conversations, That's the closest I've ever been.

I think Drule made this thread because his dream is GW to be part indie game dev part dating site.
  • Cold-Souled Sovereign of the Night Blades
  • PipPipPipPip
I've got too much important shit to worry about to fall in love, whether that's online or out in the world.
  • You probally thought you werent gunna die today suprise!
I met my last girlfriend on an anime convention forum, a group of us decided to meet up while we all went down to the convention here in the UK and well after the convention there's always an afterparty. Anyway it was here me and a girl from the meetup got wasted and hooked up, it was one of those weekend relationships. Tried to keep in contact after the convention when we went back to our own life's but we lived so far apart, it just fizzled out.

Were you guys dressed up as your favorite characters or anything??  :cool:
  • PipPipPip
Not the current one, but when I was 16 I got to know a girl from my school mostly through IRC and MSN, so I guess it counts. Of course we met very soon, but first contact was made on my schools IRC channel. The relationship didn't last, but I still know her.
  • aye ess dee eff el cay jay ache
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
there are 3 maybe 4 members from new zealand, here and on the internet at large, and they're all guys. i'd have to be pretty crazy about someone to fly to them
I USE Q'S INSTEQD OF Q'S
  • I gots a lego!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
i voted no, in real life just in case it showed usernames and i didnt want people to know i'm single.

:fogetgrr:
www.jmickle.com
  • Nuckle Child
Met through friends on MSN, so technically yes. 3 years later we're still together.

• i am a swordsman
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
Met through friends on MSN, so technically yes. 3 years later we're still together.
Lucky bastards.
  • Look At Me!
I met my ex girlfriend online through a friend I knew in real life, she lived about an hour away. We met up a couple of times but it didn't really work out. I met my current girlfriend at college nearly three years ago and we're still together now.