Topic: I know this is only going to strengthen the hate for fangame makers, but what the fuck ever (Read 2812 times)

• <Custom Title here>
  • Pip
  • Group: Member
Not premium members can't dot that.

Actually, you're wrong about that. So here is his "Rick Roll" video, embedded for your viewing pleasure:

Here's your God damn music

Skiming through this topic it looks like it took just one troll post to derail this entire thread, feel sorry for the guy, though he probaby did most damage himself by getting fixated on one sarcastic sentence.

To the original poster:
Just re-post your game dude, fish out the constructive criticism and ignore the flames. Just don't expect everyone to love your game.
Alright, but in all seriousness, can I propose a truce? I admit I overreacted. I'll post right in the new topic that the video doesn't have music and the reason for that.
  • No, it doesn't stand for anything.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Premium Member
I am proof that you can make a Final Fantasy fangame and not go completely insane over the response from GamingW.

But, with that said.. I definitely would not want to do it again because yeah, you're sticking yourself with a pre-made mould of sorts to work with, and to be honest.. I find it easier to get stuck making a fangame than it is to make a game with your own setting. Even if you're making your own storyline in a fangame, you're limiting the number of tools you have to work with. It's cool and all to pay tribute to the games you grew up playing, but you're severely limiting your potential by doing so.

Original games > Fangames

HOWEVER... If you decide to continue making an FF fangame, then here is a good example of how to handle criticism from GW: http://www.gamingw.net/forums/index.php?topic=10805.0
Last Edit: November 26, 2009, 06:38:12 pm by UPRC
But see, it wasn't the criticism, really. I know how to take criticism. It's just people acting like twats that really irks me. If you look at the first thread for my game, not once did I lose my cool.

http://www.gamingw.net/forums/index.php?topic=9865.0
  • I gots a lego!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
just make a new topic. you aren't gonna achieve anything my carrying on this discussion.

i promise hand on heart not to personally insult you or act like a twat in a new topic.
www.jmickle.com
  • Its all fairy-ish.
  • PipPipPipPipPip
If anybody complains about your world map, just say "it's magic." If they continue, say "a black mage did it."
The forum used to be a lot meaner. It turned me away at some point, but I still came back because I'm a masochist because there are some real gems for games made here, and it is rather fun watching the dreams people have and their attempts to turn ambition into a project.

Just start anew. Apologise for reacting teh way you did, as the other party did as well, and simply go on. Let this thread run its course, then link hands and arms so you can gaily march into a bright new future.

Buy premium for people to make sure they like your game.
<RPG> contra's depth is an illusion, it's not sustainable for a real story
<RPG> it's just fun, with fun gameplay
<RPG> rpg players ask "where did the robot come from"
  • I fear and I tremble
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
premium won't do shit I don't like any games

burn all the games death to g7d
DEUCE: MEETING THE URINE UP CLOSE AND PERSONAL AND REALIZING IT'S JUST LIKE ME AND MY PREJUDICES  THIS WHOLE TIME WERE COMPLETELY FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF PTTTTHTHTHH GOD IT'S EVERYWHERE<br />DEUCE: FUCK THIS TASTES LIKE PISS<br />PANTS: WHERE IT SHOULD TASTE LIKE COTTON CANDY OR PICKLES<br />DEUCE: OR AT LEAST LIKE URINE NOT PISS
You're just saying that because you already have premium.

heartless jerk, think of the poor
<RPG> contra's depth is an illusion, it's not sustainable for a real story
<RPG> it's just fun, with fun gameplay
<RPG> rpg players ask "where did the robot come from"
  • So-Called Manga Artist
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
*is making a fangame atm*

:(
*is making a fangame atm*

:(

Swine. Burn. BUURNNNNN!!!!   :mad:
  • FIFTY FIFTY FIFTY
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
You fucking don't know how to take criticism. If you did, this topic would have died after about 5 posts. You posted something, someone posted a crit, you posted a smartass remark and ignored it, someone else reiterated it in a louder and meaner way (since you're apparently a smartass who isn't willing to listen to crits) and then you exploded.

Again, stop being a child. Unless you actually are a child, in which case I guess it's justified, but you should probably still try to quit if you wish to continue posting on the internet.
  • TV people want to leave
He's not much of a child going by his photo.
I love this hobby - stealing your mother's diary
BRRING! BRRING!
Hello!  It's me, Vellfire!  FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER! ... Bye!  CLICK!  @gidgetnomates
Can we just end this? Please? I admitted I overreacted, I asked to move on several times, I don't know what else you people want from me. I'm not exactly feeling "welcome" on these forums when everyone just keeps making fun of me on this thread...
You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup. France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named 'Bush', 'Dick', and 'Colon.' Need I say more?
  • Captalist pig :|
  • PipPipPipPipPip
Jester: He was complaining about this dickish comment.

i dont even see the point in making final fantasy fangames. its just a normal game man. there are no previous FF characters in this. Why not just make it "inspired" by final fantasy.

also dude youre a dick why don't you put some shitty music over your shitty intro for a shitty final fantasy fangame instead of being an ass who makes final fantasy fangames.
  • TV people want to leave
yeah he said that

you posted a smartass remark and ignored it, someone else reiterated it in a louder and meaner way (since you're apparently a smartass who isn't willing to listen to crits) and then you exploded.
I love this hobby - stealing your mother's diary
BRRING! BRRING!
Hello!  It's me, Vellfire!  FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER! ... Bye!  CLICK!  @gidgetnomates
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
I remember when Arcanedude34093 initially posted his topic he handled criticism really well. What happened? ;_; Also I am pro-shutting the fuck about this because you guys are flipping out over the internet way too much ("hey let's make fifteen paragraph responses explaining why you're a dickface for such and such a reason").

Although seriously how many accounts does Arcanedude9384 have it is ridiculous!
The Misadventures of Crimebot
I remember when Arcanedude34093 initially posted his topic he handled criticism really well. What happened? ;_; Also I am pro-shutting the fuck about this because you guys are flipping out over the internet way too much ("hey let's make fifteen paragraph responses explaining why you're a dickface for such and such a reason").

Although seriously how many accounts does Arcanedude9384 have it is ridiculous!

People weren't, as you put it, writing fifteen paragraph responses explaining why I'm a dickface in the first one.

Oh, an how many accounts do I have? A randomly fluctuating number between 3 and 12. To keep it fresh.
You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup. France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named 'Bush', 'Dick', and 'Colon.' Need I say more?
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
People weren't, as you put it, writing fifteen paragraph responses explaining why I'm a dickface in the first one.

Here is a "tip" for staying "calm" on a "forum": Don't take everything everyone says so literally. People do this. A lot. "Man I better pick apart that guy's post word for word!"

TO SUM UP:
LET'S GET ALONG
The Misadventures of Crimebot
Here is a "tip" for staying "calm" on a "forum": Don't take everything everyone says so literally. People do this. A lot. "Man I better pick apart that guy's post word for word!"

TO SUM UP:
LET'S GET ALONG

Because sharing is caring?  :fogetcool: