Topic: HOW DO I GET GOOD AT STREET FIGHTER 4 (Read 2198 times)

• professional disappointment
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Premium Member
street fighter 4 is more important than money or family
  • Dog: "Just tell me what the hell you want me to do!"
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
put it on easiest with 1 round and be any charachert and crouch kick, move foward, repeat until opponent's death. Get charas. hehe and beat seth.
  • You probally thought you werent gunna die today suprise!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Member
but that's very gay and I'D RATHER play properly
  • ブラウンの人
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
if you'd rather play properly dont complain about difficulty.

Just Do It ©®ѾѬ҈
҂
  • The Lunatic Is On The Grass.
  • PipPipPipPipPip
man up you sissy
  • *peck*
  • PipPipPip
i...i'm an asian friend

and i suck
  • I r TEH DrAgOn RaR
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
F.A.D.C.

thats all you need man, focus attack dash cancel, and use ken, 100% win
  • Master of ALL the moogles!
  • PipPipPip
It's not that hard, just about learning techniques one at a time and implementing them into your play. Stuff like combos, links, cancels, tick throws, cross-ups. Street Fighter IV is pretty shitty single player. If you want to get legitimately better play online. Lots of people suck there too and you're likely to get better.

If you button mash in SFIV good fucking luck buddy.

I should also say combos don't necessarily play a big part in the game, as in they are not necessary to win. All you really need is one good bread and butter combo which isn't that hard to do for most characters and use it when you see an opportunity to punish.
  • Comrade!
I'm not that good at SF4 but I've been reading a lot of online strategies and practicing for a good bit also have been playing the SF series since well SF II.

Basically SF4 is all about zoning, poking, hit confirming, and controlling the flow of battle. Learning combos is fine and well but if you can't set them up or bait out a whiff attack then it's pointless.

Try watching a lot of videos of top ranking players (ex: daigo, justin wong, poongko); practice your execution of your character's Bread & Butter combos, super flashy combos help with your execution but most of them are very situational and require a large amount of gauge; play a wide variety of characters so you know how they work and how to counter attack; learn the character specific tendencies so you can predict what will be thrown at you (not every character will be the played the same but every character has a specific move set); don't rely on special attacks only-basic attacks can be just as deadly; put your theories to practice (play some people); avoid jumping in unless you're sure your attack will connect; NEVER use throw to punish a whiff attack, combos do more damage; learn which of your character's attack is the most safe for poking. Just a few basic tips, oh and practice hundreds of hours and you'll eventually be pro at the game.

I recommend Eventhubs.com a lot of useful information there.

Btw if you're a ken user this is all you need: http://www.halolz.com/2009/03/02/ken-flowchart/
  • Dog: "Just tell me what the hell you want me to do!"
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
its not the type of game I feel dedicated to "get good" at.
  • Buttshit.
There's not much of a shortcut and you'll just have to play but most of the time you'll want to do this:

- jump in with a kick from the air trying not to get hit by them on the way down, as soon as you land do a normal punch/kick and try to cancel that into a special move if you can
- from a small distance cancel a crouching low/medium kick into a normal, this is good because they can only block it from a crouch
- focus attack charged all the way, if it hits dash forward (-> ->) and punch/kick into special move
- generic uppercut move if you have one if you see them jumping in or they won't get off you

i really suggest learning ryu because he can do all those things with excellence and you can figure out all the other characters from there

holla

its not the type of game I feel dedicated to "get good" at.

actually it doesn't take that long and it gets fun pretty soon, beats grinding anyday imo.
valves industrial valves tanks and valves valves and ball valves excess flow valves control valves valves industrial solenoid valves quality valves expansion valves check valves gas valves automatic drain valves gate valves air valves relief valves
  • Who's the boss? Not you, bitch.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
A couple years ago I was sort of good at SFA3. Sort of good means that when I went to an arcade and lost, it looked like I might have been trying and just had an unlucky game. I only went to an arcade once, but I think the people there thought I might have been okay. I don't know. I played as Balrog and Rolento. Rolento was pretty cool because he would zoom across the screen and people would think you're really good because you're going all over the place at light speed but really you're just hitting buttons and doing his basic moves. I liked him because one of his specials was a 13 hit combo and I always felt like a badass whenever 13 HIT COMBO popped up on the screen even though I only pressed like 3 buttons. I think he might have been the fastest dude in the game, faster than Guy and Vega. I don't really know, but I know they're adding Guy to SF4. I wish they added some really crazy characters like that corpulent guy in Tekken or Q or Hugo instead of Adon and DeeJay, who both have the worst character designs ever. Nobody will play either of them. I guess the moral of the story is that you should have played Street Fighter 2 like 15 years ago.

Basically SF4 is all about zoning, poking, hit confirming, and controlling the flow of battle. Learning combos is fine and well but if you can't set them up or bait out a whiff attack then it's pointless.
I wish the game wasn't like this. I mean I've never played it and I don't really play fighting games but I wish it was a game where you just run up to a dude and start beating the shit out of him. I mean obviously there is strategy and everything, but waiting for your opponent to make a move and baiting and all of that shit is so boring and technical. Fighting games should be this visceral experience where you just go in there and shut off your brain except for the parts that immediately relate to punching a guy and what you're going to do after you punch the guy. I don't know if there are any games like this, there probably are, but I kind of doubt they have characters or moves that are as interesting as Street Fighter.

I don't know anything about fighting games man.
Last Edit: January 20, 2010, 09:06:59 am by Adolf "Chrono Trigger" Hitler
Barkley, Shut Up and Jam: Gaiden
  • tom cruise
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
You could just do waht some people do and play as Akuma spamming projectiles everywhere. They tend to win a lot. They also have no souls.

• [Utada Hikaru <3]
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
sorry you can't get good if you already aren't good since the game always matches you with some korean homo or something along those lines who breathes street fighter.
  • I'M ON TV, I'M ON TV!!!!
  • PipPipPipPipPip
Street Fighter IV is an easy game to master.

learn your 1 frame links, and master FADC > ultra (which isn't with every character)

admittedly I am not the one to ask for advice, I know Rufus and Sagat.

watch some of my videos

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=luwCgm8y0uI
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VcR5MarYMU8&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qP5tM689Xw4

in the third, I am the sagat player.

the first two, shane and I were rivals more or less haha.

also yeah, I lose and all 3, I tend to get over excited when I come close to winning and let myself lose.
  • TV people want to leave
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
sorry you can't get good if you already aren't good since the game always matches you with some korean homo or something along those lines who breathes street fighter.

I've played quite a few winning matches, I'm assuming it's because I'm playing ranked matches???  I've only played against a few people where the fight was completely one-sided.
I love this hobby - stealing your mother's diary
BRRING! BRRING!
Hello!  It's me, Vellfire!  FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER! ... Bye!  CLICK!  @gidgetnomates
  • I'M ON TV, I'M ON TV!!!!
  • PipPipPipPipPip
here is my secret to getting good:

training mode.

also, get a bunch of friends that are also street fighter players, and play with them everyday for 8+ hours.

oh and go to the arcade a lot and spend like 40 dollars a day on street fighter only.

street fighter 4 requires lots of patience. you are not going to just rush in and win. it's a waiting game. I am not saying turtle, but if your opponent fucks up once you can turn a whole match around. (yeah, you can play balrog or honda and just turtle too)

easy mode:

pick zangief and lariat
  • The Lunatic Is On The Grass.
  • PipPipPipPipPip
the way i got good was having a buddy come over and play Alpha every day before we had an exam at school (instead of revising). sacrificed some grades for it, but now im good at street fighter and thats all you need in life
  • Comrade!
  • PipPipPip
man up you sissy

Other than practise this is the best advice! Just get on with it and play. If you can't hack it maybe you should wear a dress and take up knitting? lol

• I r TEH DrAgOn RaR
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
hey UG how did you lose as sagat wtf